BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Coffee House

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 PM
DuffyBringsLove
Polar Bear
BABV Name: slaughtermelon

DuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to behold
 DuffyBringsLove is offline Status: Offline
Default The Disney bears have come to you ~ Duffy and Shellie May the Disney Bears WTC for March 2nd 2013

Click the image to open in full size.

Duffy started off in 2002 as “The Disney bear”, the bear of happiness and luck. The Disney bears were sold at Walt Disney world’s ‘Once upon a toy’ store in Downtown Disney, though they didn’t sell very well. By 2004, most bears ended up in Disney outlet stores. As Duffy has now, the Disney bears had a Mickey shape on their faces, Mickey marks on their paws, and a Mickey mark on their left hips.
That same year, the Oriental Land Company gave the bear a name, and a new background story, sold only at Tokyo Disney Sea. Japanese fans started carrying the bears, and Duffy was soon a hit in Japan. In Cape cod, a Donald duck themed show was replaced by a show inspired by the original Disney bear story, called ‘My friend Duffy’ in 2010. The Disney bears had a different background story to them, where Mickey was in the Magic Kingdom alone with his regular bear, when Tinker Bell’s pixie dust gave it its Mickey marks, and the bear came to life. Though Duffy’s story is about how Minnie made Mickey a special going away gift, presented in a Duffel bag, which is what inspired Duffy’s name. The bear came to life in Mickey’s dream, and it did when he woke up too.
Duffy travelled to the US Disney parks on October 14, 2010. He has also has his own selection of clothing there. In 2011, an around the world theme was chosen for his outfits. In 2012, they focused on character outfits. Who knows what is in store this year! His merchandise range is quite large. He appears on pins, vinylmation figures, kidcot funstop activities, and his own storybook. He was warmly welcomed in Epcot at Walt Disney world, and Disney California Adventure at DisneyLand resort. He then joined Hong Kong DisneyLand on November 19, 2010, only a month later. He made a surprise debut in DisneyLand Paris on November 7, 2011, in time for the Christmas celebrations and the 20th anniversary of the park.
Duffy is also a meet and greet character on DisneyLand Kinect adventures for xbox, although he doesn’t speak. He sends your character on a quest to find some Duffy Teddy bears around the park!
Duffy is an adorable, unique Disney Character who brings love all around. He is still a bear of happiness and luck, and he is the best companion for travelling with. Where will you take him? But what about Shellie May?
Shellie May is exclusive to Tokyo Disney Sea, and hasn’t yet debuted in the US parks. It is unknown when she will arrive in the US, but it is said the US Disney parks merchandising is focusing on Duffy for now.
You will find Shellie May nearby the Cape Cod Village greeting place, and for the Spring Voyage event she is found in the same spot, but Duffy will be there with her.
Shellie May debuted during February before the Sweet Duffy event started in 2010, and was a surprise to everyone. People were wondering what she would be: A cat, a dog, another bear, a brother, or a sister? Soon it was rumoured she was a bear, but the gender was unknown. When she finally came out, it was revealed to what she was.
Shellie May is a bear very similar to Duffy. She was made by Minnie so that Duffy could have a friend, as Duffy felt lonely. Shellie May came alive too, and she and Duffy first talked on the beach. Duffy found a heart shaped shell, and that’s what inspired Shellie May’s name. It is a pendant that you can buy for the bears. Duffy’s is a bottle. Her fur is a dusty pink, and she has the same details of Duffy, except her eyes are blue, while Duffy’s are brown, her Mickey hip mark is on the right, whilst Duffy’s is on the left. Shellie May comes with a bow similar to Minnie’s. She and Duffy appear all over different merchandise in the Tokyo parks, and when she debuted, there was a queue longer than seven hours to get in store and buy a plush. Every day, even, there are huge queues to go into store, and to meet them both. There are special photo stops for you to take photos of you and/or with your Duffy and Shellie May bears all around the Disney parks.

Without doubt, these are two very special bears. And, you can be friends with Duffy and Shellie May too! With a Duffy and Shellie May plush, you can feel the love that Minnie sewed inside both of them. Duffy Brings Love, and Shellie May Brings Joy.

Now you know Duffy and Shellie May the Disney bears even more, tell me your opinion on them. What do you think?

Last edited by DuffyBringsLove; 03-03-2013 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: My images were kind of against rules xD
Old 03-02-2013, 03:06 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Aww the picture is adorable! Hey, Duffy: how are you?

And.... Now I know where your username origin is from! Lol.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM
DuffyBringsLove
Polar Bear
BABV Name: slaughtermelon

DuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to behold
 DuffyBringsLove is offline Status: Offline

Aha, xD ShellieMayBringsJoy was a bit too long for me

He he! Where does your username come from?

Thanks <33

I'm great thanks, my first WTC/DCT ... Now to start putting a Harajuku fashion one into a word document xD
Old 03-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Polar Bear

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, let me think...

Smiley: People use to call me Smiley on Bearville.
Neon: I liked the colour neon yellow.
: ) came from the pure fact that I was scared if I put at the end of my username it would turn into an animated smile. xD

Where did your Bearville username come from?
What are some names you like?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Polar Bear

Hey, Meghan! What's up?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
AliceDecember7
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alice

AliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond repute
 AliceDecember7 is offline Status: Offline

Hey everyone!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AliceDecember7
Hey everyone!
Heyy! We haven't talked in forever :c what's up?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Polar Bear

Hey Alice, hey Zoe.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NeonSmiley : )
Hey Alice, hey Zoe.
Hi, what's up? (:
Old 03-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

Aw! Adorable bears
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
alexwasnthere, alicelovesyou, aloha i was here ♫, anna, birthday bear, directioner♥, goodbye♥, hanner nanner(:, hi alice, hi zoe, kaytay x, kitten in my mitten!, liberty♥, madelyne, onedirection♥♫, rainbowdangerdash, savanahcute25, victoria, yay dcts!:d-paddi, zoe da llama was here, zoewasherebowwowbow