BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Creative! > Writings!

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2009, 08:09 PM
sheltie716
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Cara is back! :)

sheltie716 will become famous soon enoughsheltie716 will become famous soon enough
 sheltie716 is offline Status: Offline
Smile Living, Breathing Bears: Book One-Rescuing and Discovering, Book Two-The Best Present Ever, Book Three-In Another World, Book Four-Bear Magic, Book Five-The Flashback Story, and Book Six-Reunion Story.

This is story is copyrighted. I own the rights to it (LOL).

I do not want any more talk of bear magic, except for relating to the story. If I see anyone doing this, I will report them and say that I had stated that I didn't want this talked about on my threads anymore.

So, this is my story inspired by Disney_Fan01's awesome story. I want to give credit to her for giving me this idea. When my character's Build-a-Bears are narrating, their narrations will be italicized.

Book One-Rescuing and Discovering
Chapter One
My New Build-a-Bear

I, Cara Erin Sloane, jumped out of bed early one October morning. Today was an exciting day. My mom was taking me to Mall of America to shop. It was our annual shopping spree day. I was going to be allowed to get another Build-a-Bear (I all ready had four), and we'd also be getting new clothes and shoes and accessories. I pulled on my favorite red plaid skirt and a coordinating sparkly blue top. I pushed my wavy blonde hair back with a red plaid headband and slipped my feet into blue Converse.
Downstairs I scarfed down breakfast and tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for my mom to finish showering and dressing. When she was finished, my mother leisurely walked downstairs and slowly ate a toasted English muffin and a banana. When I sighed for the forty-fifth time, Mom said, "Impatient, are we?"
I rolled my eyes. Mom laughed and told me, "Go do some schoolwork before we go."
So I ran upstairs and got to work on math. I'm homeschooled so we can go shopping anytime and take breaks anytime we want. I'm usually a hard-working student, but it wasn't easy to concentrate today. My eyes wandered to the four Build-a-Bears I all ready owned. There was the Bunny Big Ears, Bebe, the Border Collie, Jack, the Holly Moose, Holly, and the Spring Hugs Bear, Blush. I leaned my head on my hands as I thought about which one I wanted to get. I loved all my Build-a-Bears, but Blush just didn't have that connection with me as the others. I believed that the reason for that was because I didn't pick her out. She was an eleventh birthday present from my aunt and uncle. So maybe I wouldn't make my final decision until I saw the bears there.
Finally, Mom was ready to leave. She realized how anxious I was to get a Build-a-Bear, so she let us go there first.
There were so many choices! They had the Autumn Hugs Bear, the World Wildlife Fund Wolf, the Snazzy Kitty, and all the old favorites. I picked up all the sample ones to see which one is my favorite. I liked the Snazzy Kitty and the lil'Chocolate Cub and the Read Teddy and the Kooky Spooky Kitty. Finally, I narrowed it down to the kitties and the chocolate cub. I reached into the bin holding all the Kooky Spooky Kitty forms and pulled out one. Suddenly a tingle shot through my body. Surprised, I dropped the kitty. The tingle subsided. I carefully picked up the kitty again, and I felt the tingle once more. I cautiously set the kitty down and went to the lil'Chocolate Cub bin and picked one up. Nothing. I picked up a Snazzy Kitty. Nothing. I then thought, Maybe the Kooky Spooky Kitty is the one for me. I asked my mom what she thought, and she loved the purple color of the kitty. So I went and stuffed it (medium soft, of course). Then came the fun part: dressing the animal. It took me several minutes, probably at least ten, but I decided on a purple floral sweater dress. The cashier who checked us out gave me lavender bows.
The rest of the day was all a blur. I just couldn't wait until I returned home to adopt my kitty, whom I named Lavender. Finally, I was in my bedroom with the door closed, and I logged into Bearville Insider and Build-a-Bearville. I had several visitor messages on BI, most from my friends, wanting to know what Build-a-Bear I had gotten. I logged Lavender into my account and took screenshots to put in a BI thread. She was proclaimed "adorable" and "so cute", some people said "what a cute name", and others said "I definitely am getting a Kooky Spooky Kitty now".
It was getting late in the afternoon, and the sun was going down, but I stayed on the computer. I heard my dad come home, but I still stayed on. My mom called me downstairs for dinner, but I ignored her. I was having too much fun, playing with my Build-a-Bears, responding to comments about Lavender, replying to people on my trading post. But finally my growling stomach shook me from the computer. I needed food now. I tiptoed downstairs. Thankfully, my parents were in the rec room watching television so they didn't hear me getting cheese and crackers and an orange.

I looked around tentatively. How long would my new owner stay downstairs? As if she had read my thoughts, the pink, flowered bear said, "We have ten minutes. Cara will be eating for that long."
The four Build-a-Bears jumped down from their spots on the shelf and came over to where I was sitting on the bed.
"What's your name?" asked the moose, who I thought was a female.
I replied, "I'm Lavender. How about all of you?
The moose smiled warmly. "I'm a Holly Moose and my name is Holly."
The bear and bunny giggled, and I did, too. Then the bunny told me, "I'm Bebe the Bunny Big Ears."
That made me laugh, but I stopped when Bebe looked at me indignantly.
"I'm Jack the Border Collie," the dog told me.
"And I'm Blush the Spring Hugs Bear. Welcome to Cara Sloane's Build-a-Bear family," the pink bear said.
"Thanks!" I replied, "Hey, how can we talk and move? Explain."
Bebe sighed. "They always ask those questions. Jack, Holly, and Blush did, at least. Anyway, Lavender, we're Build-a-Bears. That's why we can talk and move. But we can't let Cara know. She would FREAK out. And she'd tell her parents. I've heard about types like her on Bearville. They think everyone should know everything. And once grown-ups knew, we'd be put on display for everyone to see. And other Build-a-Bear owners who aren't believers in magic would try and make their Build-a-Bears move so they could go on display. It's all really complicated."
"Hey," Holly asked, "do you know if Cara felt a tingle when she picked you up?"
"Y-yes, I did," a voice behind us said. We looked toward the door to see Cara standing there.

Last edited by sheltie716; 08-04-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 12-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Hearts
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: EmelieRosie(Call me Emily/Em)

Hearts will become famous soon enoughHearts will become famous soon enough
 Hearts is offline Status: Offline

I love it! I'm working on a story myself, and yours is coming along nicely!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
DanielleWolf
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Banned

DanielleWolf will become famous soon enough
 DanielleWolf is offline Status: Offline

Oh my gosh, suspenseful! Is Bebe a girl or boy? I felt that same tingle when I got my polar bear, Winnie, yesterday.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
sheltie716
Trading Teddy

sheltie716 will become famous soon enoughsheltie716 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by kaliegurl33
Oh my gosh, suspenseful! Is Bebe a girl or boy? I felt that same tingle when I got my polar bear, Winnie, yesterday.
Bebe is a girl. Jack is the only boy. Poor Jack.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 AM
AnimalLover
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MorganTeddyBear4

AnimalLover will become famous soon enough
 AnimalLover is offline Status: Offline

Eek! I love your story! It is very suspenseful.. Dun Dun Dun! Can't wait for more!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 AM
DanielleWolf
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Banned

DanielleWolf will become famous soon enough
 DanielleWolf is offline Status: Offline

lol jack. I WONDER if Cara's going to freak out.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 AM
SilverStars
Polar Bear

SilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud of
 SilverStars is offline Status: Offline

LOL!
I Love It!!!!
The Mall Of America is in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
sheltie716
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by Hannahg98
LOL!
I Love It!!!!
The Mall Of America is in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I know. I had to choose a place that was pretty generic, but wouldn't give away where I live (it's not Minnesota).
Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
sheltie716
Trading Teddy

Here's chapter two! Thanks for all your nice comments so far.

Chapter Two
A Big Surprise
"How are you guys talking and moving?" I said. I had just come back upstairs from eating to find all my Build-a-Bears sitting on my bed and talking. And Holly had just said, "Do you know if Cara felt a tingle when she picked you up?" And I know I had.
My Build-a-Bears were looking at me in shock. Bebe, Holly, and Blush had turned pale. Jack was chewing on his paw in nervousness (that explains why his paw is sometimes wet!), and Lavender looked like she didn't know what to think.
"Have you guys been talking and moving the whole time I've had you?" I finally asked since no one seems to want to answer my previous question.
Jack sighed. "Great, our freedom is ruined," he grumbled.
"What do you mean?" I said.
Holly jumped off the bed and toddled over to me. I leaned over and picked her up. "Look, Cara," she said softly, "we didn't know if we could trust you to not say anything to other people. But I guess now the cat's out of the bag."
I tried to process that information. Finally I had to stumble over to my bed, sit down, and touch each of my Build-a-Bears to make sure I wasn't dreaming. But, no, I'm not. I own living, breathing Build-a-Bears!
No one spoke for a while, but finally Bebe said, "Let me explain. All Build-a-Bears have powers. They go in effect as soon you pick up the right Build-a-Bear. The powers mean that we can eventually talk, move, go from place to place in an instant, know when our owners are in danger, and we can erase memories from humans' minds-like if a grown-up saw us move, we could make them forget that."
"Whoa," I breathed. Suddenly I had a thought. I went on Bearville Insider and read a story that a friend of mine-Disney_Fan01-was writing about Build-a-Bears. It's actually true! But did she know that some of the facts in her story were real, or did she just make up the story?
I wanted to send her a VM and ask her if she knew the stuff in her story were real, but I realized that anyone could view the VM, so I decided not to. Instead I reread what DisneyFan had written so far. I studied my Build-a-Bears as they whispered to each other and looked nervously at me.
Finally I went to bed, but I didn't cuddle any of my Build-a-Bears like usual. I was still trying to figure out if I had imagined everything.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
AnimalLover
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MorganTeddyBear4

AnimalLover will become famous soon enough
 AnimalLover is offline Status: Offline

Wonderful Chappie! ^_^
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
#6 is gonna dominate!, blazewashere, cara=soontobefamousauthor, disney_fan01 waz here!, luv it!!, luv this story! ♥ ♥ ♥, o_o mr x jr??, wheres the next chapter?, winnie+po=happiness, ♥jellybean