BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Creative!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM
hannahmontanabear
Trading Teddy

hannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of light
 hannahmontanabear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by cookiesmaster

Hmm, it's pretty good. Is that random white dot supposed to be there by the way? It looks a bit out of place; I would paint black over it.
Yeah I noticed the dot after I made it lol. It was part of the main picture.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 PM
hannahmontanabear
Trading Teddy

hannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of lighthannahmontanabear is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
After not posting anything on here in ages, finally decided it was time to get back to graphics.. so flaunty flaunt.
I hate the text so much, lol. I used the tagline for Brave, "change your fate", which is what movie the picture I used is from.
Click the image to open in full size.
Yeah, the word "fate" looks a little weird. I don't know what it is... maybe it needs a gradient or something? It's generally good though.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM
hannahmontanabear
Trading Teddy

Might be the font or location, got fed up with trying to find a good place for it after 45 minutes. xD
Oh my goodness! You took 45 min. to look for a good place?! lol
Old 06-05-2012, 01:10 AM
moonbow
Banned
BABV Name: TerminallyCapricious

moonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud of
 moonbow is offline Status: Offline

Oh my gosh I don't even. They're all so awesome. xD
Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 AM
JessyWeasley
Banned

JessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud of
 JessyWeasley is offline Status: Offline

After not posting anything on here in ages, finally decided it was time to get back to graphics.. so flaunty flaunt.
I hate the text so much, lol. I used the tagline for Brave, "change your fate", which is what movie the picture I used is from.
I'm so excited for that movie xD that's really great! I love the colors you used in the text. It really matches the whole picture. c: I'd maybe move it a little so it doesn't cover the arrow tip; then again, maybe it'd look awkward if it was moved anymore xD. Good job, i really love it (:

Flaunt|
i kinda failed at the tiny text. i wasn't sure how to do it.. and i was too lazy to download any textures. pfft.

oh.. and this;
IT SCARES ME xD i'm aware that the eye color is un-realistic, but i was kinda going for an un-realistic theme. i applied eyeshadow, eyeliner, and changed the eye color. Originally, it was a brown eye; that's why you can see some black/brown.. I kept trying to do the eyeliner.. but I failed.. so i got rid of it, but here it is with the eyeliner..

I had fun experimenting with GIMP, though :3 By the way, if you see any random black lines mixed in with the lashes, that was me trying to make mascara xD I think the makeup and colorings turned out pretty good.. considering I used no guides or anything xD

and.. i'm really proud of this:
original;
-done on GIMP as an experiment-

Last edited by JessyWeasley; 06-05-2012 at 04:00 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Emmaflower36
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Call me Emma c:

Emmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of light
 Emmaflower36 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by JessyWeasley
I'm so excited for that movie xD that's really great! I love the colors you used in the text. It really matches the whole picture. c: I'd maybe move it a little so it doesn't cover the arrow tip; then again, maybe it'd look awkward if it was moved anymore xD. Good job, i really love it (:

Flaunt|
i kinda failed at the tiny text. i wasn't sure how to do it.. and i was too lazy to download any textures. pfft.

oh.. and this;
IT SCARES ME xD i'm aware that the eye color is un-realistic, but i was kinda going for an un-realistic theme. i applied eyeshadow, eyeliner, and changed the eye color. Originally, it was a brown eye; that's why you can see some black/brown.. I kept trying to do the eyeliner.. but I failed.. so i got rid of it, but here it is with the eyeliner..

I had fun experimenting with GIMP, though :3 By the way, if you see any random black lines mixed in with the lashes, that was me trying to make mascara xD I think the makeup and colorings turned out pretty good.. considering I used no guides or anything xD

and.. i'm really proud of this:
original;
-done on GIMP as an experiment-
I like the icon, i think the pink if really nice in it! the eye's really cool but on the eyeshadow it's a bit messy around the crease. (:
omg that's amazing! i like the bevelled effect on the fate. the positioning of it's good too because it looks like it's coming off the arrow! c:

flaunting avvie and signature (;

flaunting this:

and this: (i know it's really messy around the outline of labrinth but yeah) xD

Last edited by Emmaflower36; 06-05-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
hannahkelli
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: it's hanner nanner, yo :3

hannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant future
 hannahkelli is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Emmaflower36
I like the icon, i think the pink if really nice in it! the eye's really cool but on the eyeshadow it's a bit messy around the crease. (:

omg that's amazing! i like the bevelled effect on the fate. the positioning of it's good too because it looks like it's coming off the arrow! c:

flaunting this:

i love, love, love the font on the first one c:
Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
AJCool
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: -

AJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud of
 AJCool is offline Status: Offline

flaunting this:

Hey there, Emma. Those look beautiful. I have not given critiques in so long that I am thrilled to have your two new graphics in front of me.

Wow, if I was that good in animations, I would need nothing more, but you completely outshine me. Animations always have a way of impressing me and yours totally did the trick. I really like the assortment of colors you used for the stars. It is way better than making one star all orange, another all yellow, and a few others blue. Making it this multi-colored texture makes your graphic look more sophisticated. The various sizes of the star make some of them stand out a little more, and I appreciate you making them go slow. As for the text, I'm proud to see it isn't in rainbow. It's a good idea to keep a balance and you nailed that. If you used the Arial font vs. what you used in your graphic, it would not look as great so I'm happy you gave the text the wobbly and thin effect, almost like its a little child's doing. Like a little kid's ceiling back in his bedroom. I'm getting carried away, but I would try out maybe a faint gold glow around the text just to see how well it looks. I don't have many suggestions for you.

The second image is just as great as the first one! I like the color contrast with the rainbow text and the black and white image. The outline looks pretty good to me. I doubt I would be able to get it that straight if I were you. The guy looks sort of faded, like the contrast and the brightness levels have mixed in. I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but the black and white across his face and clothes just look all the same. The text is great, simply wonderful. I like the effect it's going it.

Keep on making great graphics. Don't let anything discourage you and sorry for my horrible suggestions. [=
Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Emmaflower36
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Call me Emma c:

Emmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of lightEmmaflower36 is a glorious beacon of light
 Emmaflower36 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by hannahkelli
i love, love, love the font on the first one c:
hehe it's called skinny. i downloaded it off dafont (:
View Post Originally Posted by AJCool
Hey there, Emma. Those look beautiful. I have not given critiques in so long that I am thrilled to have your two new graphics in front of me.

Wow, if I was that good in animations, I would need nothing more, but you completely outshine me. Animations always have a way of impressing me and yours totally did the trick. I really like the assortment of colors you used for the stars. It is way better than making one star all orange, another all yellow, and a few others blue. Making it this multi-colored texture makes your graphic look more sophisticated. The various sizes of the star make some of them stand out a little more, and I appreciate you making them go slow. As for the text, I'm proud to see it isn't in rainbow. It's a good idea to keep a balance and you nailed that. If you used the Arial font vs. what you used in your graphic, it would not look as great so I'm happy you gave the text the wobbly and thin effect, almost like its a little child's doing. Like a little kid's ceiling back in his bedroom. I'm getting carried away, but I would try out maybe a faint gold glow around the text just to see how well it looks. I don't have many suggestions for you.

The second image is just as great as the first one! I like the color contrast with the rainbow text and the black and white image. The outline looks pretty good to me. I doubt I would be able to get it that straight if I were you. The guy looks sort of faded, like the contrast and the brightness levels have mixed in. I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but the black and white across his face and clothes just look all the same. The text is great, simply wonderful. I like the effect it's going it.

Keep on making great graphics. Don't let anything discourage you and sorry for my horrible suggestions. [=
oh wow thank you! i seriously couldn't ask for better comments! I think the glow would look quite cool, i think i'll try something similar next time. i guess they are similar shades of grey but he wasn't wearing very interestingly coloured clothes xD thanks again and your suggestions aren't horrible, they're really good! c:
Old 06-05-2012, 09:02 PM
MistyBubbles52
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: (◠‿◠)

MistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant future
 MistyBubbles52 is offline Status: Offline

flaunting this:

Cute avvie! Great cropping and quality! (:

I love the quote for your signature. The colors go great with your avvie as well. The font is nice too.

For your animated graphic, I am just stunned by how good it is, as animation is way over my head. Just amazed. Nothing to critique there.

For your last graphic, I like how the image itself is black and white and how well the colors contrast with the guy. However, I would sharpen and brighten him a bit, because it looks a little too dark. If you could, I would also get rid of the stroke. I think it's too plain. Perhaps get an interesting shape, make it light gray, and drop it behind him. I think that would complete the image. Just my opinion though, don't have to listen. x)

Reflaunting because I really want critique from you guys.

Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
... i ♥ cereal, 99v was here! la la la!, alicelovesyou, cara, faedoesn'tlikebeingcopied, faelikescannedcorn, gabypawfectpal, iammyself&nooneelse, iflauntflaunt, itslorena, libbyluv2sing99 :), llamasareoverrated, meowmeow >w<, pro graphics by fae! :d, randicandi<3, sharpie, shelby♥, snowsparkle x, teehee tags are amazing, vicki♥, zaravanilla26, zoeabear1052 was here!, zoelina >u<, ♥jellybean, ♥shelby