BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Forum Rules > Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2009, 11:56 AM
MistyBear61
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Mist (Jez)

MistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant future
 MistyBear61 is offline Status: Offline
Default My ideas for Bearville Insider! Please read ;)

Well I was pondering last night and I thought of a few ideas for the site!

Welcoming newbies
Each new member (if they want) could be paired up with an experienced member to help them

Private Threads
This would come in handy for shop owners. We could have private threads where you can make a list of people to view the thread but others cannot (apart from mods). This would be handy because if you wanted to confirm the order was ok with your shop partner you don't really want to VM or do it n your shop.

THIS IS FOR SHOP OWNERS TO CONFIRM ORDERS WITH PARTNERS ONLY

No trading teddies and shop owners are different people.

I hope mods and members read this and like the ideas! *Gulp* Wonder what you think

Edit: Thank you everyone so far! The private thread idea doesn't seem to be going well. In case I didn't like make it clear enough here it is:

Sometimes when you make an order you don't know how good it is so you might want to check with your partner. Yes you can VM or post on the shop thread but if you VM someone might miss it and if you did it on your shop thread it would clutter up the thread. You wouldn't have to do it but you could if you wanted. Everything would be about the shop and you could think of ideas on that thread instead of on VM (someone might take your idea?).

Last edited by MistyBear61; 11-15-2009 at 04:22 AM..
Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by bldabear713
I am not a Trading Teddy either, so I really wouldn't know.
But the first idea is excellent!
View Post Originally Posted by Grace
I am not a Trading Teddy, so I wouldn't know, but I thought you had to confirm trades on your trading thread, to prevent any confusion if a user traded unfairly and such.

But the first idea seems pretty good for keeping newer members logging on.
You guys don't have to be a trading teddy to own a shop! You have to have read the Graphic Shop Rules and post HERE. The request thread is closed because Pandyma is taking a break, though.

The first idea has been posted a lot, I'll find some replies to it, one sec.

Olops Jess posted her idea on it...xD

The second one, shop owners converse in their shop, what's wrong with that? This is just IMO, but when I had a shop, I found it easy to talk to my partner about ideas in VMs and in the shop.

Last edited by BriniGirl; 11-14-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Old 11-14-2009, 04:08 PM
olops
Sage Bear
BABV Name: nikkibanana

olops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to behold
 olops is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
You guys don't have to be a trading teddy to own a shop! You have to have read the Graphic Shop Rules and post HERE. The request thread is closed because Pandyma is taking a break, though.

The first idea has been posted a lot, I'll find some replies to it, one sec.

Olops Jess posted her idea on it...xD

The second one, shop owners converse in their shop, what's wrong with that? This is just IMO, but when I had a shop, I found it easy to talk to my partner about ideas in VMs and in the shop.
yes, i was just going to post the link to my thread XD
2nd, yes, dropping a VM isn't that hard.
and many people have shops, so there would be many private threads.
on another note, there are no more PMs becuase anything you say should be appropriate for the open forum. so, whatever you may say about your shop should be appropriate
Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MistyBear61
Well I was pondering last night and I thought of a few ideas for the site!

Welcoming newbies
Each new member (if they want) could be paired up with an experienced member to help them

Private Threads
This would come in handy for shop owners. We could have private threads where you can make a list of people to view the thread but others cannot (apart from mods). This would be handy because if you wanted to confirm the order was ok with your shop partner you don't really want to VM or do it n your shop.

THIS IS FOR SHOP OWNERS TO CONFIRM ORDERS WITH PARTNERS ONLY

No trading teddies and shop owners are different people.

I hope mods and members read this and like the ideas! *Gulp* Wonder what you think

Edit: Thank you everyone so far! The private thread idea doesn't seem to be going well. In case I didn't like make it clear enough here it is:

Sometimes when you make an order you don't know how good it is so you might want to check with your partner. Yes you can VM or post on the shop thread but if you VM someone might miss it and if you did it on your shop thread it would clutter up the thread. You wouldn't have to do it but you could if you wanted. Everything would be about the shop and you could think of ideas on that thread instead of on VM (someone might take your idea?).

Not going to happen.

1st, we can not get people to fulfill their commitments now, whether it be shop owners who do not fill orders, birthday posters who do not post, DCT starters who do not post, contest winners who do not thank the ones who donated, etc.
It's a very nice theory, but it would be nicer if everyone was just helpful and fulfilled anything they committed to.

There will be NO private threads. This is an open forum.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT