BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
JessyWeasley
Banned

JessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud of
 JessyWeasley is offline Status: Offline
Default {:Midnight Lights:}

~Midnight Lights
{A story by Jessy}

~Prologue
According to my parents, my real name is Ariana Stone, but according to the rest of the world, I'm just Kayla Matthew's best friend. I guess you could say I'm unpopular, or you could say I just don't fit in well with the crowd if you want to sugarcoat it. I myself also believed that, until the night of December 31st came, m i d n i g h t to be exact. So now, here I am, being chased. I don't know who's chasing me; just that I need to get away. Yes, I guess you'll really know what exactly happens at m i d n i g h t.

~Chapter 1; 765:
My back scraped against the rough bark of a tree as I slid down the trunk, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes while doing so. Sighing, I open them, soaking in my surroundings. Towards my left, a group of young girls are soaring on the swings, giggling. A faint smile on my lips, I glance towards my left where several older boys are playing a game of basketball. Everyone seems fairly happy, and yet the place where I stand is giving off an unhappy presence, as if something is messed up in the world.

I bring my knees up to my chest, hugging them close. I bring my hand towards my neck until I have wrapped it around a necklace. Carefully, I trace the shape engraved in the silver; what looks like a pair of angel wings floating carelessly above the numbers '12'. I've never quite got the meaning of it, but my father gave it to me when I was much younger, so it's always had a place in my heart.

I give the chain a tug, just a small one. As I continue tugging on the silver chain, I realize that if I was to pull this necklace off, the only thing left of my father would be gone.. That really adds a bit of pressure. Pulling my hands away from the chain, I bring them towards the dirty ground, drawing simple doodles with my finger.

"Well, seems as if you're having fun." A voice spoke from in front of me, making me jump.

I looked up slowly, turning away as soon as my eyes locked with a pair of icy blue eyes.

"Hi, Tristan." I muttered, staring at the grass, plucking some of it out of the dirt.

"What's wrong, Airy?" Tristan says to me, and I can feel the smirk on his face as he's using the nickname he gave me years ago.

"My name is Ariana, I go by Aria, you know that." I try to resist the urge to grab him and throw him into the next planet.

"Yeah, whatever." Tristan sits next to me, humming. "You upset because you heard the news?"

My eyes widen, but I try not to look at him and sink to his level. "What news?"
He snickers and cracks his fingers. "You haven't heard? Yes, I guess nobody delivers the latest news and gossip to this... tree."

I turn toward him, alert. "I said, what news. I don't need your input; just tell me." My eyes narrow as I stare into his eyes.

Tristan moves and shifts his weight. "Your mom." He says simply, scooting away.

"What about her?" I press, clutching my hand around my necklace.

"Gone. Missing." Tristan shrugs and stands up, brushing dirt and grass off his jeans simply.

"Liar. She's not missing.. I-I would know.." I try to sound confident, but I know there's doubt in my voice.

"Oh, she is. Bummer. S'pose you'll be taken out of this school soon; you and your sister." He smirks at me, his eyes flickering with amusement. Tristan stands up, walking away.

"Wait!" I call out, reaching out my hand.

Tristan turns around, a smile still glued to his face.

"Is she really... gone?"

"
Would I lie to you?" With that, he runs off to join his friends, leaving me dazed.

I slump against the tree, my nails digging into the dirt on the ground.

She's not gone; I'm going to walk back home, and I'll see her sitting at her desk, painting something, just like any other day. My sister will run into her arms, and Mom will make us hot chocolate..She's not gone.
I think to myself, trying to force a smile on my face, failing in the end.

I stand up shakily, using the tree for support. "Not gone." I assure myself once more, grabbing my bag off the ground, quickly walking away from the big tree.
I take a shortcut to get home, quickly swinging open the door, allowing my sister to run through first.

I place my bag down with a sigh, walking towards the Art Studio. My sister is sitting on the floor, tears in her eyes. "She's gone." She whispers, turning away to face the wall.

"Stay here, Kalina." I muttered, walking out of the art studio to search the house. She's probably hanging up a picture; maybe making the hot chocolate early.

I quickly ran upstairs, freezing when I hear a noise as I pass my room. Biting the inside of my cheek, I open the door, stepping in quietly.

"Mom?" I croak, looking around. Then, my eyes land on my bed.
A boy around my age with light brown hair and emerald eyes is sitting, cross-legged on my bedspread, looking through my book of songs. He glances up at me, smiling.

"Oh, hi. I'm 765; Midnighter."

Hope you liked it ;3

Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
CaitlinFriendsRock1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RIP CaitlinFriendsRock1.

CaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of light
 CaitlinFriendsRock1 is offline Status: Offline

: O i love it!!
More!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
ZoeyCuddles2474
Trading Teddy

ZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeyCuddles2474 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeyCuddles2474 is offline Status: Offline

Can't wait for more!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:52 PM
NataliePopstar104
Polar Bear
BABV Name: HEYYYY

NataliePopstar104 is a name known to allNataliePopstar104 is a name known to allNataliePopstar104 is a name known to allNataliePopstar104 is a name known to allNataliePopstar104 is a name known to allNataliePopstar104 is a name known to all
 NataliePopstar104 is offline Status: Offline

I am speechless... Aw, who am I kidding - of course I have a ton of comments! Love the character names, love the prologue, love the first chapter, love the plot, love the dialogue, love your descriptions, love how you make the story seem so real... I could go on and on about everything I love in this story, and how much of a fabulous writer you are, but I wouldn't want to fill up this entire post. xD But, seriously - this is book worthy! FAN. TAS. TIC. One more thing I may have not mentioned already? Hmm, what was it... Oh yeah. I love it. (;
Old 07-08-2012, 02:02 AM
JessyWeasley
Banned

JessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud of
 JessyWeasley is offline Status: Offline

Thanks so much guys <3 I'm working on the second chapter now, it will probably be posted later in the day tomorrow (:

Megan, your comment specifically really made me smile; it really meant a lot(:

Last edited by JessyWeasley; 07-08-2012 at 02:32 AM..
Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Argh write more! This thing is GOOD. xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
natz!! ♥