BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 12:24 AM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

I hope they have some free zoo days before the end, since I can't buy VIB now. I was 2 feedings/cleanups from Master Zookeeper, just from the previous free zoo days.

EDIT: That zoo vending machine is funny. I kinda wanted those mouse slippers, but I think it was for an in-store product discontinued long ago. So, the vending has sat there long after it's reason to exist, inaccessible to all.

Last edited by Kirby; 01-26-2015 at 12:27 AM..
Old 01-26-2015, 03:30 PM
HypatiaPawBear
Knut
BABV Name: GeorgiaAdorable1181

HypatiaPawBear is on a distinguished road
 HypatiaPawBear is offline Status: Offline

Sorry for the long post, but I emailed BV & got this reply that might be of interest;

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your disappointment about Bearville
shutting down. We truly understand how upset you are, and quite frankly, as
a Bearville Team, we are very upset too. We were hired to help support this
incredible world and now it’s time for it to come to an end. Trust us
when we say this has not been easy.

When the decision to close Bearville, we knew it would be hard for our
Guests who are loyal to Bearville. You have invested a lot of time and
attention in the game, but the truth is, we didn’t have enough Guests to
keep it open. In the last few years, people are playing games in many
different ways and places than they were when Bearville started. We are
working to be in all those places with different experiences.

We are excited about the future of Build-A-Bear play. It won’t be
Bearville and your accounts will not transfer but it will be a mix of
games, videos and some exciting things that we can’t talk about yet as
they are still being developed. And as we enter into this new world, we are
looking at technologies that are more easily supported across many
platforms, such as apps. Making play at Build-A-Bear much easier to get to
whether you are at home or in the car or wherever your life takes you.

We promise to deliver a wonderful experience and welcome your thoughts and
feedback as we work on what’s next. With your valuable input, we hope to
create a new experience that will be as beloved as the old. There will be
more to come on this as we work through this transitional period.

Thank you again for reaching out.

BearHugs,
Bearville Team

I was kind've foolishly hoping they'd change their minds, but it's looking final..
I still don't see that it matters they have less 'guests'; it can't cost that much to run!!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:03 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Aww gee.. looks like it is the end. Bearville made up most of my childhood.. I'm taking a bunch of screenshots before it closes. And has anyone realised it was the last camp happy heart, Easter, Halloween etc at BABV?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Irocker1021
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alexrocker1021

Irocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the rough
 Irocker1021 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Memory
This is so sad.. All of my childhood games keep closing. First Pandanda then Tinier Me then Toontown now BABV (not to mention Neopets is so bugged now and almost unplayable)

What I hate is that they don't outright say its closing but instead say "go to the play section instead to play our dumb mini games like PAINTING NAILS!?" how pathetic.

sigh I did see this coming though. It started with limited characters being shown in a room and the chat being stripped of most words and phrases to the point of making conversation impossible.

Now I'm sad and can't sleep. Why did I have to read this email now?! lol Just gonna hug my big bunny long ears build a bear Micheboo. She was the first bear I entered on BABV about 6 yrs ago. She will be in my characters backpack in the end.
I will miss you BABV
Same with the games, and it seems almost all of them have closed down in the past couple of years. :/ At least they're working on Neo, I don't think JS would close it after just buying it.

I guess I'm just glad that I lost most of my interest in Bearville a few years ago, it's the worst when you're an active player of (and have spent money on) a game to have it shut down.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:20 AM
ajadorable55013
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AJADORABLE55013

ajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud ofajadorable55013 has much to be proud of
 ajadorable55013 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
It does cost a lot more than some might think. You have to have a server, hire staff and designers, and a whole lot more that even I don't understand because I've never created a website like Bearville before.
It's also a change in technology. A few years ago flash games were all the rage. But the worlds moved on. It's now about mobile and the fact that flash is not universally supported anymore makes it more challenging to create content and to hire the designers that make the content.

The mobile technology isn't quite there yet either, since there are no standards, developers have to create different content for different types of devices i.e. iPhone, Android, iPad and the list goes on. This makes future development even more challenging and unpredictable.

So many reasons that this wasn't sustainable.

But it's still really sad
Old 01-27-2015, 11:49 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I got pretty much the same e-mail.
First of all, I must add that most people who stopped playing stopped because there were no updates on bearville in the past 2 years, it was not exciting any more, THIS is the reason, and we have discussed this here a number of times.
They neglected the game and now they blame US.

Secondly, sorry I might be the only one but I do not have a smartphone, there is no way I will get one in the near future and tbh who wants to play on a smartphone!? Isn't it way too small to be enjoyable?
Does it mean their new "play experience" won't even be accessible if you don't have a smartphone?

AND bearville was about the life you could build up there, not about single games or videos that you could play. This is a huge difference. You can't make friends, you can't have an account, a character, a bear family or anything any more. THIS is what they have money for?
I understand that bearville must cost a lot to run, but they are not SAVING the money when they stop bearville, they are putting their money into other stuff instead! And just look at the new branding, the new shop design, all this must've cost a fortune.
And I don't need it at all, I would've preferred bearville.
But - even if, in their e-mail, they say they asked the guests - nobody has ever asked ME, and nobody wants to hear my or our opinion. Because it does not suit them.

What I still didn't get - first they made such a huge deal out of bear valley, but now this seems to be closing as well, without codes and everything, am I right?
AND what about the zoo and rare stuff promise??
Still not happy at all.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:03 PM
kellyallheart866
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kellyallheart866

kellyallheart866 is on a distinguished road
 kellyallheart866 is offline Status: Offline

Awe thats bad I've been on bearville for like 5 years and I just got back on bearville for a few months...

Last edited by kellyallheart866; 01-27-2015 at 08:47 PM..
Old 01-30-2015, 06:57 PM
BarbieButterCup12Barbie
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BarbieButterCup12

BarbieButterCup12Barbie will become famous soon enough
 BarbieButterCup12Barbie is offline Status: Offline

I can't believe they had the nerve enough to say "To prepare for this exciting change."
Old 01-31-2015, 12:43 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

I have: I now have access to the zoo without a VIB membership!
But it's still very sad...

Last edited by cassidy5; 02-06-2015 at 10:30 AM..
Old 01-31-2015, 02:56 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I can't believe they had the nerve enough to say "To prepare for this exciting change."

exactly!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, cyrus loves you, frogs are sad, frogs rule!!!, i twas here, rip bearville, this is the end