BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Coffee House

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 PM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline
Smile 'See His star shining bright, in the sky this Christmas night...' WHAT'S THAT? It can only be the Birth of Jesus DCT for December 17th 2012!

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome, welcome guys (:
(sorry for the weird colouring on the banner, I was trying to make it look 'professional' xD)

I know this is a religious DCT, but I've ran it past Tweety and I'm going to keep this as neutral as possible. If anyone's offended by anything on this thread please tell me and I'll edit it out immediately (;

Okay, are we all sitting comfortably? Now I'll begin.
(by the way, I don't have a thing about Lego or anything, just these pictures were so cool okay. Credit to The Brick Testament for the pictures.)

- Christians believe that God sent down an angel named Gabriel down to earth from Heaven to tell a young woman, Mary, the Good News that she was going to bear a boy named Jesus.

- This baby boy was to be the Son of God. (she's not even looking at him how rude xD)

- Mary was honoured to be in the position that she was in, yet confused as to why she, out of all young women, was chosen.

- However, Mary was also nervous because she hadn't had any children before - besides, she had only just been engaged to her future husband Joseph.
Then Angel Gabriel began to tell Mary about the power of God:
(love the king's eyes )

He can remove rulers from their thrones and (quite literally, in this picture) lift up even the lowliest of people, plus a whole multitude of other stuff no-one else on Earth can do. Mary was told that the Holy Spirit would be with her at all times. (:

So, while Mary was pregnant, the Roman ruler of the time, Caesar Augustus, ordered a census to take place. This meant that all families had to return to their hometowns - in Mary and Joseph's case this was Bethlehem - a journey which had to be made by donkey!

I couldn't get a picture of the innkeeper part, but for those who didn't know - when the couple arrived at Bethlehem, they found out that a lot of other people had also come to stay - they didn't have hotel chains or anything like that at the time - just simple inns, and you guessed it, there was no room at any of the inns left. However, one innkeeper felt sorry for Mary since she was heavily pregnant, and offered them his stable to stay in. Here Mary gave birth to a boy and named Him Jesus, just as Angel Gabriel had said!

Meanwhile, a few shepherds were busy herding their sheep in a field, like one does every night.

Suddenly, a whole host of angels appeared in front of them and started singing praises to God, and the baby boy who had just been born!

The shepherds used the angels' guidance to visit the baby boy - after all, it's not every day that you get to see the Son of God being born in a manger, is it?

But it was only until they saw Himself - baby Jesus - that they truly believed that only He could be the Son of God, King of the Jews (the Judaeo-Christian link is another topic).

Later on, three wise men from the Oriental part of Asia were notified about this great birth through the star which shone brighter than all the others. (It looks like daytime in this photo, but yeah.)

(Night now.)
They followed the star all the way to the stable because they wanted to pay the baby homage - they knew He was going to grown up into someone great.

It's sometimes said that these wise men were kings, but nowhere near as grand as Jesus - even though He was only a baby! The three kings brought gifts with them - gold, frankincense (is that how you spell it?) and myrrh. I think the three kings were called Balthazar, Caspar and Melchior but I can't remember the order.

So, there He was - King of the Jews and Son of God, lying in a lowly manger on a bed of straw in a stable, surrounded by animals as well. Although His birth was very different to that of a regular king, Jesus grew up to be much more powerful than any one of those and throughout His life, God stayed by His side - just as He does with us all now. (;

The end - for now!
you may go stretch your legs now xD

Christmas is such an important festival/holiday to Christians now because of Jesus's Birth - in the Easter Story, Jesus as a man dies for us on the Cross to save our sins and give us hope to stay with God forever when we die - and obviously Jesus on earth can't die if He isn't born!

On a less 'serious' note, basically there would be no Christmas without the birth of Jesus. We may have trees, cards, presents and food now but they all originated from Jesus's Birth - and some do have links to the story, trust me. xD
So just as my life would be incomplete without Christmas markets, the two-week school break, gift-wrapping handpicked 1D merchandise for friends and overpriced gingerbread - my life would be incomplete without Jesus's birth.

In fact, we Christians believe that God's the one who gave us life - but that, my friends, is another story.

Last edited by FayeTeddyBear; 12-17-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

Hey everyone!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline

Hey Starr, you cannot believe how annoyed I am at not being able to complete this >.<
Old 12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I'm sorry! I'm sure that eventually it'll all work out!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline

Hi everyone. (: Congratulations on your DCT, Faye!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

View Post Originally Posted by ZoeApril1377
Hi everyone. (: Congratulations on your DCT, Faye!
hay hay !
View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
My pinata looks like a toddler did it omg
hahaha oh my gosh, what is it supposed to be? xD
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
hay hay !

hahaha oh my gosh, what is it supposed to be? xD
Heyy! What's up? ^_^
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

View Post Originally Posted by ZoeApril1377
Heyy! What's up? ^_^
JUST WATCHING MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER. xD
hello kitty's head/face
but it turned out to be a really weird egg-looking thing
so i'm totally getting an f
Oh.. haha. You have pinata making class at your school!? SO AWESOME.
xD
Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
JUST WATCHING MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER. xD

Oh.. haha. You have pinata making class at your school!? SO AWESOME.
xD
What show? xD I'm just listening to Christmas songs and waiting for strawberries xD
Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

no it's for spanish xD
Oh my gosh.. I wish we could make pinatas in my class. FREE CANDY, HELLOOO.
xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
alicelovesyou, aloha i was here ♫, directioner♥, faye was here, germany is mine, hello!, hi alice this is zoe, holiday moose, how are you alice -zoe, i'm fine zoe -alice, imstarr, jesus loves you :), kolkolkolkolkol, liam payne is faye's, louis♥(:, mad hatter, madelyne, starr was here, starrisharrygetoverit:p, strangeness and charm, take me home, therealreasonfortheseason, zeus loves you :)