BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see it in 3D (read post for info)
Yes, that would be interesting 6 85.71%
Nope. 0 0%
Just better for it to stay like it is. 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2018, 09:17 AM
cheetahc
Polar Bear
BABV Name: *looks Around*where's a pencil

cheetahc is on a distinguished road
 cheetahc is offline Status: Offline
Default Question to all insiders that are active

This question will be related to bearville. Lately I’ve been working in finding inspiration into making a game but to no delay it frustrates me to keep on with what I’ve learned in game design. Anyways. The question right?

Would you like see a bearville where its in 3D?

Like if i were to make a sort of replica of it from all the photos i can find, would that be something interesting?

I dont know how to create 3d models as yet, but i can make the buildings due to all the time i have.

Im going to learn a bit of programming here and there on my own until i can go back to school. I would like to know your opinion. Thanks~! CheetahC
Old 03-28-2018, 01:43 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

bear valley tried that.
have you looked?
took away other aspects from the game that were not related to the 3d effect.
what do you need?
Old 03-28-2018, 07:15 PM
cheetahc
Polar Bear

I heard about it, and i looked it up to make sure I was correct, werent there other games that were like that as well, im not sure if I remember . However, bearvalley is like playing with just the stuffed animals that babw aquired for the player to choose. But i dunno if i want to make like that tbh, not realistic, but not like that. I still have to think of it, and besides i might have to create my own textures.

I know how to make use the unreal engine im sure you heard of, i made a map on my own on while on level design.

I just want to see what are people interest, if i ever gets replies, in what i should recreate, hopefully. Uhm chracater, i wnat there to be characters too, but thats gonn atake me a while to reserach and learn about and hopefully i do so while i study game design next semester coming up.
But out of curiosty on my own mind, would it be taken down if its like an exact replica, even if its just like a fun project? Cuz i can chnage it and all so but idk. I just want to hear what people want to see built. Ill tyr to see if i can try in unity. Lol doubt it be hard.

Need:
Inspiration
Ideas for what to be built
Textures? Or 3d models that would be available
And any other recommendations

Sorry for long passage, imjust thinking, i am all ears ^_^
Old 03-28-2018, 09:42 PM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CarsonSweet

CarsonSweet will become famous soon enough
 CarsonSweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by cheetahc
I heard about it, and i looked it up to make sure I was correct, werent there other games that were like that as well, im not sure if I remember . However, bearvalley is like playing with just the stuffed animals that babw aquired for the player to choose. But i dunno if i want to make like that tbh, not realistic, but not like that. I still have to think of it, and besides i might have to create my own textures.

I know how to make use the unreal engine im sure you heard of, i made a map on my own on while on level design.

I just want to see what are people interest, if i ever gets replies, in what i should recreate, hopefully. Uhm chracater, i wnat there to be characters too, but thats gonn atake me a while to reserach and learn about and hopefully i do so while i study game design next semester coming up.
But out of curiosty on my own mind, would it be taken down if its like an exact replica, even if its just like a fun project? Cuz i can chnage it and all so but idk. I just want to hear what people want to see built. Ill tyr to see if i can try in unity. Lol doubt it be hard.

Need:
Inspiration
Ideas for what to be built
Textures? Or 3d models that would be available
And any other recommendations

Sorry for long passage, imjust thinking, i am all ears ^_^
I'm not too knowledgeable about this issue, so if I say anything flat out wrong, please correct me.

We've seen Disney games like Toontown and Club Penguin get shut down, but unlike Bearville have current "rewritten" versions that are much like what the original games were, partially I think because Disney was willing to either give the content needed to recreate or because these "rewritten" versions didn't have any monetary value and were strictly fan made, they didn't really care if some fans just made them for their own enjoyment.

The problem with Bearville is that Build-a-Bear-Workshop made the game in association with Frima Studios, and in terms of getting permission, there could be complications with them.

Even if we ignored this whole thing about copyright, keep in mind that Bearville's Flash-based, and it might not be...up-to-date on current computers. (Here's a reminder though that I am not a tech expert!) I'm thinking if you want to make a game like Bearville with a 3D aspect, maybe try making it resemble the characters you see on the recent seasons of RWBY (the animation of the show has so far this mix of 3D and 2D that give it a unique anime-like style). Would something like Unity work?

Back to the whole issue of copyright: Maybe play around with how places look. One idea I was thinking of was painting Bearville as a sort of "regular" town: the town contains buildings that resemble beloved Bearville places (coffee shop, Bear Stuff Store, Bear University), but are named differently. For example, Bear University becomes Clark University (named after Maxine Clark).

On other ideas? I had an idea about a web series I wanted to make about someone like ChloeRocks discovering a ghost town called Bearville and then trying to figure out why it disappeared on 3/31/15 or something. I don't know however, if putting such a story would ruin the integrity of the game, which is keeping it true to the original.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:48 PM
SydneyPaw500
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

SydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura aboutSydneyPaw500 has a spectacular aura about
 SydneyPaw500 is offline Status: Offline

This would be great if it wasn’t so hard.... with all the complications or copyright and stuff like what you’ve both said. A few weeks ago I too had the same idea of trying to recreate bearville, and it was probably though only going to end up like something like the worlize game, but I wanted to make it more interactive and an actual website of its own, just getting the old pics and all that, but I didn’t want to risk the copyright side of it sooo..
Old 03-29-2018, 07:26 PM
EmikoRosari
Polar Bear

EmikoRosari is on a distinguished road
 EmikoRosari is offline Status: Offline

Well, like someone said. We can rename certain places, right?

That would be cool, what would also be cool, if we got to pick the names for the certain buildings or so, for the bearville community. It be a nice project. Yes, it seems like it be hard too. Lol but some people do learn from youtube too not just school.

Uhm, would you like suggestions of what type of 3d you should go for, like carson reffered to rwby. Kinda makes me think of like pokemon games, idk why, lol.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:49 PM
cheetahc
Polar Bear

I've actually made some sketches, but that was a while back when I was thinking of making a bearville replica.
The copyright that's what I've been wondering about lately.

There's this free 3d modeling aoftware, blender, which I tried before but i was wayyyy younger and I didn't understand anything. I also have a friend who is a programmer, he can help with certain things, like questions, idk if he'd be up to help lol.

Carson the webseries sound cool too, I'm sure people would appreciate it. Specially new comers would know how this came to be.

Well unity, seems like the next best thing well from the time I heard at my college class in my 1st semester on game design. I know how to use gamemaker, but that's not 3d. More like bearville and uhm platforms.
Then level design I used unreal tournament. I know the 3d modeling classes used maya, or whatever it's called and zbrush.

But yeah I thought of something like that I think, like your character be 2d right, but the when you look into inventory you can see your character in 3d. But now that I think of its pointless if I am making it look 3d, hmm.

But I did draw concepts last year xD they not great. I had a hard time making It the bearville point of view.

Also I have to think of theme, color, sound. Soo much >. < I actually have another friend that knows alot more of 3d tho. He's working on making a horror game. He has good stuff too. Maybe I'll ask him questions and see.

Still though I'm all ears. This would be like a community game

Created by the ideas of the community and watch it grow. I guess or it shouldnt?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:47 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

i was considering your 3d idea. would motion capture of our actual furry friends be helpful? maybe a thread of examples using specific poses of the actor.

what would be other community gathering ideas?
Old 03-29-2018, 10:20 PM
cheetahc
Polar Bear

Motion capture? Hmmm, sounds interesting, i might have to look into that. But what do you mean by it tho? I. Actually writing notes and looking up my own research about the certain things. Would it be like bearvalley?

While thinking of this, also gave me a thought, i dunno if this what you meant, but it came to mind while thinking of what emiko said about pokemon and what bearville did with the small fries lol.

Well, have your furry animal follow you, right. (This is just scenerio 1) and you can click or so on your furry friend, and ghe camera chnages perspective to your furry friend, and then its like bam, you are facing your furry, and have selection options. Idk yet. Just saying. Idk if it comes clear my idea.

But i am looking, idk what type of style like the 3d has to be, carson reffered RWBY ive looked into that. Looks nice, but idk if everyone would like a bearville replica like that.
The community its more like, sandbox, or whatever they call It but idk, community ideas as in what the players, want to be added, and seen to be approved by others. And hopefully it be okay.

Im gonna return to brainstorming l
Old 03-29-2018, 10:24 PM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CarsonSweet

CarsonSweet will become famous soon enough
 CarsonSweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by cheetahc
Motion capture? Hmmm, sounds interesting, i might have to look into that. But what do you mean by it tho? I. Actually writing notes and looking up my own research about the certain things. Would it be like bearvalley?

While thinking of this, also gave me a thought, i dunno if this what you meant, but it came to mind while thinking of what emiko said about pokemon and what bearville did with the small fries lol.

Well, have your furry animal follow you, right. (This is just scenerio 1) and you can click or so on your furry friend, and ghe camera chnages perspective to your furry friend, and then its like bam, you are facing your furry, and have selection options. Idk yet. Just saying. Idk if it comes clear my idea.

But i am looking, idk what type of style like the 3d has to be, carson reffered RWBY ive looked into that. Looks nice, but idk if everyone would like a bearville replica like that.
The community its more like, sandbox, or whatever they call It but idk, community ideas as in what the players, want to be added, and seen to be approved by others. And hopefully it be okay.

Im gonna return to brainstorming l
I like your ideas, but I'm not too sure about switching perspective with your furry friend; should it be simply kept to just the avatar?

You also mentioned that you've used Blender, and I think that might have stuff with motion capture. And maybe we could incorporate some of the "moves" that avatars could do?

Last edited by CarsonSweet; 03-29-2018 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT