BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Creative! > Writings!

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2018, 05:36 PM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CarsonSweet

CarsonSweet will become famous soon enough
 CarsonSweet is offline Status: Offline
Default That Bearville Web Series I Must've Mentioned Somewhere Else On A Different Thread But Only Briefly

I'll probably have more time to commit to this idea in the summer, but anyway, I mentioned somewhere on here about a web series idea I had inspired by Bearville.

Not sure how it will be produced; I might just do something like "Welcome to Night Vale" with voice acting since I don't know anything about actually animating a series.

Anyway, ideas:

The series takes place during the summer of 2015, where Chloe and her sister Alex (a reference to how Alexandra always appeared on the birth certificate when you registered a furry friend) are on a road trip with their dad. When their car runs out of gas, the three stop by a town called Bearville which appears to be abandoned, and decide to explore. Alex stuffs her teddy bear, Bearemy, into Chloe's backpack for safekeeping.

Chloe checks out an abandoned toy store that sells teddy bears, and is startled to find that someone (Maxine? Champ?) is still in there, cleaning up the place. She asks what happened to the town, and the shopkeeper recalls how she/he used to own this store and sell "furry friends" to all the people who lived here, but then something terrible happened and now all of Bearville is gone.

The shop keeper notices the bear inside Chloe's backpack and decides to send Chloe back in time so that she can learn what happened and maybe even save the town.

It might not be a great idea, so I want to know your thoughts on it. There are some things I still have to figure out stuff like:

1) How Bearville disappeared
2) How Chloe enters the "old" Bearville
3) Character ideas?

Share your thoughts!
Old 04-03-2018, 07:00 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

I am totally in on this.

I've worked on a couple of Bearville destruction fics myself, and in both of them what happened to Bearville was the same - a storm struck and destroyed the town. (You know how really bad storms have human names irl? Well, I called this particular storm the Sharon Storm.)
I don't know how much this works for this story (since you're going for "abandoned" over "ruins") but I'm sure I can come up with something.

I don't have many ideas for Chloe's time traveling yet, but Bearville is pretty mysterious. The phone booths were teleporters, there was a train that went to the North Pole, and then there's basically everything about Easter Island.

I totally volunteer my OCs from my Bearville fics to show up. I'll get more details on them later.

I'm also available for writing if you need.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 PM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear

Hmm, is there anyway we could contact each other privately outside this thread? We could start writing it on some platform...

Last edited by CarsonSweet; 04-03-2018 at 09:16 PM..
Old 04-03-2018, 10:17 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

lots of wonderful ideas.
enjoy life.
be safe
Old 04-04-2018, 03:40 AM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CarsonSweet
Hmm, is there anyway we could contact each other privately outside this thread? We could start writing it on some platform...
All I can suggest is BI 2.0. It has PMs, so nobody can see the discussion.

For actually writing it, I dunno. If you have an anonymous Google account, you could set up a Google Doc and send me the link, from which I can edit anonymously...

If you want to sign up for BI 2.0 so we can discuss there, you might want to use the aforementioned Anon Google account. Or Ten Minute Mail. That works too, so long as you remember your password.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:20 AM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
All I can suggest is BI 2.0. It has PMs, so nobody can see the discussion.

For actually writing it, I dunno. If you have an anonymous Google account, you could set up a Google Doc and send me the link, from which I can edit anonymously...

If you want to sign up for BI 2.0 so we can discuss there, you might want to use the aforementioned Anon Google account. Or Ten Minute Mail. That works too, so long as you remember your password.
I’ll set up a B.I. 2.0 account.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
ahhh, bearville fanworks, this is amazing