BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Join The Club

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Christinacrystal119
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ℘.s. i ℓ٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥υ

Christinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond repute
 Christinacrystal119 is offline Status: Offline
Cool THE H A I R CLUB - meet the hair fanatics!(:

Click the image to open in full size.
o w n e r : c h r i s t i n a
c o - o w n e r : a n g e l

{R}ules
one. Not into hair like us? Don't bother to join.
two. Respect other members and their opinions.
three. Have fun and spend the day away talking about hair&such!

{N}ews
(Updated monthly)
3/03: Club was created.
3/20: New site found. Check it out!

{S}ign-Ups
Username:
Why are you into hair?
Will you be active around this club?

{H}air {G}uides
(There may be multiple guides on one topic, like how to curl your hair, because people might have different methods.)

Form: Request for a Hair Guide
Username:
Request on what? (ex: how to curl your hair)
Other:

Form: Make a Hair Guide
(We have the right to accept/decline your guide for any particular reason.)
Username:
Guide on what? (ex: curling your hair)
Other:

{H}air {T}ips
(We have the right to accept/decline your tip for any particular reason.)

Form: Request a Tip
Username:
Tip on what? (ex: how to not burn your hand when curling hair)
Other:

Form: Share a Tip
Username:
Tip:
Other:

{H}air {F}anatics
1. ChristinaCrystal119
2. AngelAllHeart1556
3. Blazetaurus3
4. TaylorBlue64
5. BettyBeach13
6. AlmaSunshine2
7. IsabelYourock4
8. AJ2Hip1231
9. MonaChocolate
10. AllyAllHeart101
11. AshlynApril123
12. ClarissaFashionFun
13. StarrBalletBear
14. PawsomeGirl
15. MeagaFire105
16. MacyAngel221
17. ZaraVanilla26
18. ZoeAries7
19. RoseLUVU
20. AbbyAlohaBear
21. KathleenJuly8
22. SkylarFootball11
23. LauraCamper12
24. JessyWeasley
25. ShaniaFluffyFriend
26. Reanna_Angel
27. ZoeyCuddles2474
28. ChocoLuv
29. AJ2Hip1231
30. Hailisnowflake4

Last edited by Christinacrystal119; 03-20-2012 at 11:38 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Christinacrystal119
Trading Teddy

Christinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Hair Guides&Tips

Last edited by Christinacrystal119; 03-17-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Christinacrystal119
Trading Teddy

Default Reserved.

Reserved for space.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 AM
AngelAllHeart1556
Banned
BABV Name: βℓαcκʝαcκ ♥

AngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond repute
 AngelAllHeart1556 is offline Status: Offline
Thumbs up Basics

Hair types
Whats your hair type?
A hair type is what your hair is naturally. {the curl pattern}
the letters a-c, are the categories
the numbers 1-4 are the depths of the curl pattern

1 - Straight
{i will be adding all of them when I get time, in the meanwhile I have supplied and quiz.}

here is a {quiz}
to see the rest.

Hair Inches
These chart may not be completely accurate, it is best to measure your hair yourself.
Spoiler: show

Hair length

Hair colors

Natural Hair color levels

Suggestions
Have any suggestions you think we could do to improve our guides and tips? Don't be afraid to tell us, we love feedback.

Last edited by AngelAllHeart1556; 03-06-2012 at 11:18 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
AngelAllHeart1556
Banned

AngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Regiment/Routine

Regimen

a regimen is a routine you do weekly, monthly, yearly to your hair.
ex:
Weekly - wash x1, co-wash x2, deep condition x2
Monthly - Clarify x1 , Protein treatment x1,

wash
washing your hair, lol.
purpose: to get your scalp clean

co-washing
is to wash your hair, put without a shampoo and just a moisturizing conditioner.
purpose: to make hair more manageable, give it a shine and moisturize it.

deep condition(ing)

Basically : to leave conditioner in your hair for atleast 40mins to __ hours.
purpose(I couldnt explain it in my own words, so here is the expert answer): Deep conditioning affects the outer layer which is called the cuticle. The cuticle resembles shingles on a roof. They overlap each other, and should lay down flat. When your hair becomes dry and damaged, these shingles will stand up away from the hair shaft. This is what gives hair the dull, frizzy look. Deep conditioning the proper way and with the right products will help to smooth the cuticle, making the shingles lay down again, giving your hair a smoother, shinier, healthier appearance. can keep hair healthy .

Clarifying
is when you cleanse the whole scalp, with a clarifying shampoo.
purpose: to rid the hair of residue from products and to cleanse it throughly. warning: you should only clarify once with a clarifying shampoo like {this}-ex, because as it cleanses the whole scalp and has some sulfates it is best to just use it once a month (like at the end), and just use a regular shampoo for your other washes. btw it is said to help oily hair.

Protein treatment

is a treatment you do to your hair that gives it protein and makes it strong.
purpose: to strengthen the hair strands and shaft

How many people do it: They buy treatments, many people like aphogee{brand, but its kinda hardcore}, and others.

How I do it: I get a egg from my fridge, crack it open, put in bowl, put some olive oil in there{not to much}, stir, apply and leave in for about 7-10 minutes, wash hair with moisturizing shampoo, conditioner {its best to do this on a wash day}

The reason you only do this once a month is because our hair is made up of {I cant remember I think 40% protein} so it helps balance it out. And because if you have to much protein in your hair it becomes weigh down but if you have to much moisture thats not good either. So it balances everything out {if you have moisture in your hair diet, if you don't thats another story}

So I hoped this really helped, if you are interested in doing any of this you should just google how it would affect your hair. (:

home made haircare recipes
thank you Abby.

thick, poofy, thin, fine....oh my!

Last edited by AngelAllHeart1556; 04-15-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Christinacrystal119
Trading Teddy

You may now join. :-D
Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 AM
blazetaurus3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Blazetaurus3

blazetaurus3 has a spectacular aura aboutblazetaurus3 has a spectacular aura about
 blazetaurus3 is offline Status: Offline

Username: Blazetaurus3
Why are you into hair?: Because mine looks weird and I want to change it xD
Will you be active around this club?: I'm not on B.I all day, but I do come on at least once a week so yeah (:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 AM
AngelBlossom
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SunnyPhotoBear

AngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant future
 AngelBlossom is offline Status: Offline

Username: AngelBlossom
Tip on what? (ex: how to not burn your hand when curling hair): My hair not being straight when i wake up in the morning, you know one of those days when you wake up late and don't have time to take a shower really quick? well my hair gets heaps messy and create huge waves on the top of my head, when i try to brush it, it just keeps on waving up, i even try wetting it. ): i also don't own a hair straightener. My question is how do i keep my hair straight without straightening it or wetting it? D: Sorry for having a lot of details ! and thaanks ! : D
Other: none : )
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
AngelAllHeart1556
Banned

Smile Q&A

View Post Originally Posted by AngelBlossom
Tip on what? (ex: how to not burn your hand when curling hair): My hair not being straight when i wake up in the morning, you know one of those days when you wake up late and don't have time to take a shower really quick? well my hair gets heaps messy and create huge waves on the top of my head, when i try to brush it, it just keeps on waving up, i even try wetting it. ): i also don't own a hair straightener. My question is how do i keep my hair straight without straightening it or wetting it? D: Sorry for having a lot of details ! and thaanks ! : D
My sister had same problem, this is was works for her :
At night she wraps her hair.

How to wrap your hair :

1. Make a part down the middle of your hair (not all the way down just to the center)
(This part is optional -> She puts leave in conditioner in it)
2. Choose a direction you want the hair to wrap (go around)
3. Take a brush and Brush hair all in that direction (left, or right) creating like a spiral going around the whole head
4. After you are done, get a scarf or hair bonnet and put it over your head

And in the morning her is hair still straight. Hope this works for you (:

Last edited by AngelAllHeart1556; 03-05-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Christinacrystal119
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by AngelBlossom
You had to be a member to request a tip, but that's okay! It's my fault I didn't put it down. Hope Angel's tip helped you! (:
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
adalia was here ♥, alma<3, blazewashere, club is awesome christina, gem was here (:, happyneverafter♥, laura<3, me gusta los gatos c;, momma.cake.♥, teamstarkidftw, this is angel fort *over*, waterbender, wickedwitchofthewest(;, yolo(: