BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM
pinkteddy8844
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Call meh Katie or Pink BD

pinkteddy8844 is on a distinguished road
 pinkteddy8844 is offline Status: Offline
Smile The Yellow Rose

Click the image to open in full size.

I sat in my bedchamber, smoothing out my long, satin purple gown and finishing up a letter to my best friend, Amanda.
“Princess Cassandra! Come downstairs, I’ve finished making your supper!” our royal cook called.
“I will be down in a moment, Mabel!” I sighed.
“Hurry now, dear, or your food will grow cold!” Mabel replied. I smiled, folded my letter to Amanda, and placed it in an envelope. I heard a loud tapping from outside, so I walked over to the balcony and peered out into the darkness. I could see nothing but a bright sliver of moon peeking through dark clouds. Suddenly, the clouds drifted over the moon, and I felt a hand clapped over my mouth. I tried to scream, but a burlap bag was pushed over my head and I remembered no more.
When I awoke, I was in a dark cave. My head was no longer covered, but there was an old, dirty rag tied over my mouth, and my hands and feet were bound tightly. I heard echoing footsteps coming near, and I whipped round to face the direction they were coming from. I saw a tall, dark figure holding a lantern that illuminated most of his body, but not his face.
“Ah, Princess! I see you’ve awakened. Are you comfortable?” he sneered. I tried to reply, but because of the rag tied over my mouth, my shouts were in vain.
The man laughed. “Good, you are. I hope you like it here, you will be staying for a while!” he laughed loudly. Something about his accent seemed almost familiar…
The man turned on his heel and walked away, his footsteps fading like the light of his lantern. I sat, consumed in the cave’s blackness, wondering what was happening at home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Mabel, where is Cassandra? She should have come down here ten minutes ago!” the Queen said.
“I don’t know, ma’am. I told her supper was ready. I suppose I could have her governess go up and look in on her,” Mabel said nervously. “Ms. Green!”
A tall lady wearing a forest green petticoat and skirt walked in. “Yes, Mabel?”
“Go upstairs and check on Cassandra.” Mabel said. Ms. Green turned and walked up the stairs. A few minutes later, she came quickly back down, looking very flustered.
“The Princess is not in her room! I looked everywhere I thought she would be, calling out her name, but there was no answer! The Princess is missing!”
“Calm down, Ms. Green!” the King said. “First, we will have some of the guards look for her throughout the palace. Here, guard! Go see if the princess is in the castle.” The guard quickly ran off.
A while later, he came back, panting “The Princess is nowhere to be found.” The Queen gasped, all the color draining from her cheeks, and an angry look swept over the King’s face.
“Search everywhere!” the King shouted, “Do not rest until you find our daughter!” the guards scattered, and not ten minutes later, you could hear the heavy hoof beats of one hundred horse leaving the castle. The King and Queen would not hear a sound like that for a long time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat, the tight ropes digging into my flesh, for several days. I lost count of how many, for no light of day shone deep enough into the cave to reach me. I was not brought much food, just some occasional dry bread and a few sips of water.
One day, the dark man had not appeared for many an hour, and I decided to try and peek out of the cave. I found that there was no door, just a hole in the roof close to one end. I saw an object shimmering in the light pouring through the hole, and I wriggled closer to have a look. It was a single yellow rose. I turned around, and careful not to squash the rose, picked it up with one hand. There was a note tied to it. I looked closer to see what the note said.
Amanda

I smiled a little, mumbling through the cloth, “A yellow rose symbolizes Friendship and Freedom. How did Amanda find me here?”
“I simply looked,” said a voice. I looked up. The voice seemed to come from the hole in the ceiling. A head popped through the opening.
“Amanda!” I tried to scream.
“Shhhh,” she whispered, reaching down to help me out. Once I was outside, she untied me and pulled off the cloth around my mouth.
“You look a fright!” she smiled.
“Yes, I suppose I must look filthy after spending so long in that hole.”
“Ah, Princess! I see you’ve escaped. And you have a little friend with you! Lady Amanda, so good to see you.”
I turned toward the voice. “Charles?” I gasped. “My parent’s trusted vizier? Why would you do such a thing?”
“Why else? I want to be in charge. With you out of the way, I might have a better chance.” he replied haughtily, running off.
“We’ve got to get home!” I whispered to Amanda.
“Yes, we do! But we mustn’t get caught by Charles. Come on, we shall go through the woods!”
Amanda and I traveled for many nights, resting during the days. Eventually, we reached the castle. We were met with a shock; the castle was on fire! I gasped and ran toward my home, with Amanda right behind me.
“What are we to do?” shrieked Amanda.
“Princess!” a voice behind us called. The voice belonged to one of our knights. He was in full armor and astride a tall white horse.
“We need to save the castle!” Amanda and I shrieked together.
“Say no more and wait here,” the knight replied, galloping off. Amanda and I waited on the hilltop, while one hundred knights on horseback gathered around the castle and began pouring water on the flames as fast as they could. After many hot hours, the fire was out. I immediately ran inside to find my parents.
“Mother! Father!” I called out desperately.
“Cassandra?” came a distant voice.
“Mother?” I shouted.
“Cassandra!” shouted a replying voice. My mother came running round the corner, followed closely by my father. They embraced me in a tight hug.
Then my father let go. “Where have you been, young lady? We were extremely worried!”
Charles walked up behind my father. “Your Highness, she has acted most unbecomingly for a Princess. I think she should be punished severely.”
“Charles, hold your tongue! I did not run away, you kidnapped me!” I shrieked, enraged at his lies.
“It’s true!” Amanda said, walking up behind me. “He put her in a cave and tied her up! If you need any proof, look at the rope burns on her wrists and ankles!”
My father did so. “You have a point, Lady Amanda. Charles, do they tell the truth?”
Charles stared at my father, his face wild and crazed. “You’ll never catch me! Someday I will have the throne!” he shouted, running away.
“Guards, after him!” my father shouted. Several guards ran down the corridor after Charles.
“I am so glad you have returned!” cried my mother, embracing me tightly. “Lady Amanda, we thank you greatly for helping Cassandra.”
I turned, and, for the first time, noticed Amanda’s tear stained face. “Amanda, is something wrong?” I asked quietly.
“My parents were killed in the fire,” Amanda said between sobs. Everyone stood silent for a moment.
Then my father smiled. “Am I going to let the girl who saved my precious daughter become an orphan? Of course not!” he said merrily. He bent down and whispered in my ear.
A wide grin spread over my face, and I nodded. “Oh, yes, father!”
My father turned toward Amanda. “Lady Amanda, would you like to be the second princess of Andalusia?”
Amanda stood in shock for a few moments, then answered slowly. “That would be amazing, Your Majesty. Yes please!”
My father laughed. “You may call me father from now on.” Amanda smiled, tears streaming down her face. We were all too happy to speak.
The next day, My father made the announcement that Amanda was now his daughter. Afterward, Amanda and I sat outside on the castle grounds eating a picnic lunch.
“I promise,” I said quietly, “that even though there is probably nothing I can do to repay you for rescuing me, that I will do my best to try.” Amanda smiled and laid back on the grass. I did the same, and we both watched a huge rainbow spread across the sky. That was when I realized what true happiness was. I didn’t want to forget any of the adventure I had, so I decided to put it all in a book. And that is the book you have just finished reading.
Click the image to open in full size.

(LOLZ, this is just something random I was supposed to do for school. Short stories... aren't my thing... anyway, I hope you like it!)

Last edited by pinkteddy8844; 04-16-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Remi11
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rain.

Remi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond repute
 Remi11 is offline Status: Offline

Short stories are most defiently your thing! This is amazingly written
Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
pinkteddy8844
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by Remi11
Short stories are most defiently your thing! This is amazingly written
Thanks! I said 'short stories are not my thing' because the thing is like, five pages long. I think a short story is about one or two... LOL
Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Remi11
Polar Bear

Remi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, who cares? It's a awesome story, all that matters.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:39 PM
pinkteddy8844
Trading Teddy

Yupp, thanks!

I entered this story on 'The Second Writer's Challange.' Do you think it might win?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Remi11
Polar Bear

It defiently should win! It's a pawsome story

You really have talent, what was your inspiration for you book?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
CarlyFriendsRock
Trading Teddy

CarlyFriendsRock is just really niceCarlyFriendsRock is just really niceCarlyFriendsRock is just really niceCarlyFriendsRock is just really niceCarlyFriendsRock is just really nice
 CarlyFriendsRock is offline Status: Offline

This is really good. (:
Old 04-17-2010, 03:16 PM
pinkteddy8844
Trading Teddy

@Remi11, I was supposed to use certian words in the story for a Language Arts assignment, and this is what happenend. LOL
@carlyfriendsrock101, Thanks!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Remi11
Polar Bear

LOL, well, you did a good job.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:45 PM
pinkteddy8844
Trading Teddy

Thanks, Remi.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT