BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Join The Club

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
RainbowDash_
Polar Bear
BABV Name: O(≧∇≦)O

RainbowDash_ has a spectacular aura aboutRainbowDash_ has a spectacular aura about
 RainbowDash_ is offline Status: Offline

Poll Question: I take: Honors english 1, Spanish 1, Algebra 1, Integrated science 1, Economics and gov., Health, and Band.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:16 AM
BriannaHoneyDay
Polar Bear

BriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to behold
 BriannaHoneyDay is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by babvgirl
Poll Question: What subjects do you take in school?

Also anyone who needs help please post
Science, French, English, Socials, Art, Religion, Math, and Gym.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:55 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

Poll question: Maths, English, RE, Art, PSHE, Science, Speaking & Listening, PE, History, Geography, ICT, DT & French.

In Maths we also do X Tables and Mental Maths.
In English we also do Spelling.
I use to be in Orchestra but I quit as it was so boring.
There's also a Choir during Speaking & Listening but I'm tone death.

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 05-06-2013 at 03:58 AM..
Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Cutiegirl99
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Cutie, Natalie, Nat

Cutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the rough
 Cutiegirl99 is offline Status: Offline

I need help!
But I'm not a member.
Anyway, I'm writing a 4-6 page research paper on type 2 diabetes. Any help you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated.
(Resources, etc)
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline

Oh wow, I need this club!

Name/Nickname: Faye
Why You Want to Join: I feel my grades can improve and I'd like to help others out as well (:
How Active Will You Be: As active as possible.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Cutiegirl99
I need help!
But I'm not a member.
Anyway, I'm writing a 4-6 page research paper on type 2 diabetes. Any help you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated.
(Resources, etc)
I'll find some things = ) When is this due?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:34 PM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline

I need help!
But I'm not a member.
(Resources, etc)
We learnt about diabetes in Biology this year, let me see if I can remember any of it (:
Basically we have to regulate the amount of sugar in our blood, so that blood cells don't die because they have too much sugar inside them based on a sugar-water ratio. For a normal person, if they have too much glucose/sugar in the blood after say, eating a candy bar, then this is converted into glycogen which is stored in the muscles and liver instead of the blood.
The pancreas is the organ which controls blood sugar level, and it produces insulin to convert glucose into glycogen.
When there is not enough sugar in the blood, such as when it's used up in respiration during exercise, the glycogen which was stored in the muscles and liver needs to turn back into glucose to be released back into the blood, so the pancreas releases glucagon to do this.
(notice the spelling difference between glycogen and glucagon (; )

Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not respond to its own insulin - a type 2 diabetic person has insulin, it just can't convert glucose into glycogen anymore. It's most common in older people who have lead unhealthy lifestyles, because their insulin has overworked in converting too much glucose into glycogen (basically they ate too many sweet foods). So unlike type 1 diabetes, insulin injections don't work - so a type 2 diabetic has to control their diet so that they don't eat too much sugar at one time, and exercise.

You could try Wikipedia too haha
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

I need help!
But I'm not a member.
(Resources, etc)
Hi! Nice to meet you! Sadly, my Mother has Type 2 Diabetes, but she is fine, thank goodness. Here are a few things about diabetes:

Basically, think of diabetes where your body is a toilet. Flushing away the water is fine, but flushing too much is bad. In your body, you have a regulation of sugar. Think of this as a car park. Once your body has enough sugar, it says 'Nope! I don't want anymore, thank you very much!''

But sometimes, if there is not enough sugar, you need to eat something sugary, otherwise the diabetic may feel a little tired.

Basically, a diabetic doesn't have enough sugar in their body, so sometimes they have to eat a healthy diet, but include enough sugar to mantain being safe. Don't worry though, this is easily controlled, and diabetics live a healthly and normal lifestyle!

I hope you get a good grade on your paper, because it seems very likely that you will.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:34 PM
babvgirl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: VictoriaAdventureBear2361

babvgirl will become famous soon enoughbabvgirl will become famous soon enough
 babvgirl is offline Status: Offline

Faye you have been accepted to the club

Also Cutiegirl99 and mainly everyone else NOT to use Wikipedia for school projects, assignments, etc. Basically with Wikipedia anyone can edit the information to make it inaccurate. Also many teachers/professors don't like the site.

Also when doing research papers, essays, school projects, etc. your teachers may want you to reference or format the paper. I'll try to post some helpful websites teaching you how to MLA or APA format school work
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Jalynpink
Banned
BABV Name: Jay :3

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
 Jalynpink is offline Status: Offline

Cutiegirl99-

Type two diabetes, (also known as noninsulin-dependent diabetes) is a chronic condition that affects the way your body metabolizes sugar (glucose), your body's main source of fuel. It is a very common form of diabetes. Lots of the world people around the world have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and many more are not aware that they are at high risk. Type 2 diabetes is mostly common in African American, Asian, Asian American, Hawaiian, Latino, and other Pacific Islanders. As well as the aged populations.
In type 2 diabetes, the body doesn't make enough insulin or the cells ignore the insulin. insulin is important for the body to be allowed to use glucose for energy. When you eat food, the body breaks it down, broken down from the body making glucose from sugars and starch, which is the cells' basic fuel in the body. Insulin takes the sugar from the blood into the cells. When glucose builds up in the blood instead of going into cells, it can lead to diabetes complications.
People with this just doesn't have enough sugar in their system, which can harm them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you do well on your report!

P.S
If you anything else (more specific) just ask. I am happy to help!

Last edited by Jalynpink; 05-06-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT