BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2014, 10:13 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BethAnBearHug

BethAnBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BethAnBearHug is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by kassiered
Show me where I've been hostile or rude to you. Show me one sentence where I've said that you weren't entitled to your opinion. Show me where I have bullied you or picked on you.

The fact is, I have not. I have, however, attempted to explain the issues with bearville and why build-a-bear as a corporation might be making these kinds of decisions and have also attempted to correct misinformation about the bearville game, how games work, and how build-a-bear workshop operates.

People saying that they wish things were different or that they are sad about things does not attack build-a-bear and does not break the rules. This is not what you are saying, however; you have attacked build-a-bear workshop for things you do not like about how they are currently conducting business. Your posts all end with a negative, anti-build-a-bear statement, which is against the rules.

You were posting a link of the rules as if I needed to look at them, but you never posted that to anyone else who has complained about Build-a-Bear abandoning Bearville.
I found a conversation I attached between you and an employee of Build-a-Bear. You state you also worked for Build-a-Bear. Well that explains a lot!

Build-a-Bear, Does-not-Care
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kassie and Karen.jpg (95.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-22-2014, 10:23 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BethAnBearHug
You were posting a link of the rules as if I needed to look at them, but you never posted that to anyone else who has complained about Build-a-Bear abandoning Bearville.
I found a conversation I attached between you and an employee of Build-a-Bear. You state you also worked for Build-a-Bear. Well that explains a lot!

Once again, I posted the rules because you continuously are violating them.

It has never been a secret that I worked for build-a-bear years ago before I went to school. I have stated it multiple times. I have also worked for two large game studios, a graphic design firm and an accounting firm. Then there was that one time where I was in symphonic orchestra. I play cello and am a ginger. I love doctor who, but I think tennant made a better doctor than smith.

When people state that they are sad or wish that build-a-bear would add new items to bearville or that it has been a long time since updates were made, those do not violate the rules as posted here: http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...97#post1683397
If you weren't violating those rules, then I wouldn't be posting a link to them. But you are continuing to violate those rules.

All of your posts, currently, have an anti-build-a-bear message at the bottom and you are being extremely negative towards both the company and anyone that dares to challenge your assumptions about why they are conducting their business the way that they are.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear

Show me where I've been hostile or rude to you. Show me one sentence where I've said that you weren't entitled to your opinion. Show me where I have bullied you or picked on you.

The fact is, I have not. I have, however, attempted to explain the issues with bearville and why build-a-bear as a corporation might be making these kinds of decisions and have also attempted to correct misinformation about the bearville game, how games work, and how build-a-bear workshop operates.

People saying that they wish things were different or that they are sad about things does not attack build-a-bear and does not break the rules. This is not what you are saying, however; you have attacked build-a-bear workshop for things you do not like about how they are currently conducting business. Your posts all end with a negative, anti-build-a-bear statement, which is against the rules.
You need to stop bullying me. Posting the link to the rules only to me is a form of bullying. You need to stop this. Go post that link to every person who has voiced on this forum about their being upset or mad about Build-a-Bear abandoning Bearville. Stop picking on me and discriminating against me alone, just because I have my own opinion, Build-a-Bear, Does not care.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:45 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute

You need to stop bullying me. Posting the link to the rules only to me is a form of bullying. You need to stop this. Go post that link to every person who has voiced on this forum about their being upset or mad about Build-a-Bear abandoning Bearville. Stop picking on me and discriminating against me alone, just because I have my own opinion, Build-a-Bear, Does not care.
There isn't one sentence I have said that is bullying, picking on you, nor discriminating against you. Posting a link to the rules that you are violating is not bullying.

People expressing unhappiness or frustrations, as the rules state, are fine, but anti-build-a-bear statements/posts/threads are not.

At the end of every post you have been making you have made an anti-build-a-bear message. You aren't saying that 'it feels, to you, that...' you are explicitly saying, without knowing one way or another since you are not privy to build-a-bear's corporate meetings, that the company, as a whole, does not care, in general (you aren't even explicit here at the end of your posts as to 'about what' - not that it really matters). Other people have countered this and said what could also be happening, but you have continued to simply include the anti-build-a-bear statement at the end of every current post. It makes every post anti-build-a-bear, which is what the rules say must stop.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:49 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear

There isn't one sentence I have said that is bullying, picking on you, nor discriminating against you. Posting a link to the rules that you are violating is not bullying.

People expressing unhappiness or frustrations, as the rules state, are fine, but anti-build-a-bear statements/posts/threads are not.

At the end of every post you have been making you have made an anti-build-a-bear message. You aren't saying that 'it feels, to you, that...' you are explicitly saying, without knowing one way or another since you are not privy to build-a-bear's corporate meetings, that the company, as a whole, does not care, in general (you aren't even explicit here at the end of your posts as to 'about what' - not that it really matters). Other people have countered this and said what could also be happening, but you have continued to simply include the anti-build-a-bear statement at the end of every current post. It makes every post anti-build-a-bear, which is what the rules say must stop.
Only posting a link about the rules to me and no one else that has voiced being upset with Build-a-Bear abandoning Bearville is absolutely discrimination.
Stop discriminating against me!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:22 PM
megancub101
Polar Bear
BABV Name: megancub101

megancub101 is on a distinguished road
 megancub101 is offline Status: Offline

I miss build a bear ville i have been on since atleast '09 and it so sad to see it inactive. I think of it as there was this really cool park i used to go to when i was little and they tore it down :c
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear

Only posting a link about the rules to me and no one else that has voiced being upset with Build-a-Bear abandoning Bearville is absolutely discrimination.
Stop discriminating against me!
No one has said that it is not ok to feel upset, frustration, etc. at the state of where bearville is, only that you cannot lash out at other people and that you cannot post anti-build-a-bear comments/posts.

I am going to correct your misinformation, because it is also not ok to accuse people of discrimination, bullying, etc. when they have done no such thing.

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people.
Here is an example of discrimination, via one of your own posts:

I completely dismiss what Karen says, she works for Build-a-Bear.
When you summarily dismissed Karen's information regarding build-a-bear workshop solely because she worked there, this was prejudicial treatment of her, which is discrimination against Karen, because she belongs to the category of "works for build-a-bear workshop".

You did the same thing again here, this time because I used to work for them:
If you think you were in the right to say these kinds of things to either Karen or myself, perhaps you should copy and paste them to Maxine, since she also worked (and sometimes still works) for build-a-bear workshop.

I, however, refuse to be a part of your posts on this topic any longer, due to the disrespect you have shown Karen, build-a-bear workshop, and myself.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:12 AM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear

No one has said that it is not ok to feel upset, frustration, etc. at the state of where bearville is, only that you cannot lash out at other people and that you cannot post anti-build-a-bear comments/posts.

I am going to correct your misinformation, because it is also not ok to accuse people of discrimination, bullying, etc. when they have done no such thing.

Discrimination: the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people.
Here is an example of discrimination, via one of your own posts:

When you summarily dismissed Karen's information regarding build-a-bear workshop solely because she worked there, this was prejudicial treatment of her, which is discrimination against Karen, because she belongs to the category of "works for build-a-bear workshop".

You did the same thing again here, this time because I used to work for them:

If you think you were in the right to say these kinds of things to either Karen or myself, perhaps you should copy and paste them to Maxine, since she also worked (and sometimes still works) for build-a-bear workshop.

I, however, refuse to be a part of your posts on this topic any longer, due to the disrespect you have shown Karen, build-a-bear workshop, and myself.
It is clear how you respond with discrimination to my posts that you are angry and hostile. You need to stop this behavior.
When this site shuts down in late August and Build-a-Bear totally abandons Bearville, you will then be upset also. Stop bullying me because I have my own mind.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

Please stop arguing, you two, it is not worth it! I can understand that this topic raises strong feelings (and I don't even want to start thinking that bearville will close after all the time and effort I have put into it), but please stop this argument, you are just moving in circles and nothing good will come of it.

When I read this thread's title, I was shocked because, as I just wrote in a different thread, the log-in button to bearville has been missing for me for a week now, and so I thought oops, this is the announcement. I was almost glad that it was not a real announcement, but a feeling that somebody had, and many people share this feeling.

I think if the moderation is really the problem on bearville (but at the same time, I must say, I have not come across that many people who are being bad or who bully on bearville - maybe due to the time or den I am on when I play, no idea, but this has not occured to be such a big problem for me), then they still have the option of stopping the conversation altogether, no chat, no bear mail. Would be very sad (and we are restricted in the chat anyway), but it would still be better than closing down bearville altogether.

However, I have the feeling that this is not the problem, I think they think they have to be "progressive" or "modern", and therefore promote this app all the time, which is, apparently, supposed to replace bearville in the long run.
And THIS makes me sad.
At the same time, I think about the big gardening event just last spring, with the new badges (gardening and daily task) and now the ostrich ride... so they have not stopped doing things yet, and so there is still hope.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:14 PM
BarbieButterCup12Barbie
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BarbieButterCup12

BarbieButterCup12Barbie will become famous soon enough
 BarbieButterCup12Barbie is offline Status: Offline

I've been a bearville member since 2009 when I was six. Bearville was always busy and full. People had garage sales, they had hotels, restaurants, they had boyfriends/girlfriends which I always hated. There were bearville babies and kids and people used to adopt them. There were tons of activities and things going on. The servers were always full... You get the idea. Now fastforward to about four years later.

Bearville has changed a lot. All they put in the newspaper now are what games are being played and bear valley. The servers aren't full like they were before, they are opening the Haunted House and the seasons fur all seasons store late. They haven't given out any gifts for holidays lately. For instance, on groundhog day, we usually get prizes, but all we got were happy groundhog days. And plus, for the Valentine's Day Dance, the gym wasn't even halfway decorated, even though we got a pink buffalo hat... You get what i'm trying to say.

I don't think Bearville will give up completely, but I think it will turn into Bearville Insider. People will still go on, but there won't really be any updates. And like RachelGirl192 said, there still is a little bit of hope left because we just got an ostrich ride, gardening event, and new badges.

And the last thing I want to say is that nothing lasts forever. Every single life, book, video game, site.... etc. Will come to an end. And as much as I hate to say it, someday Bearville.Com will be history.

Last edited by BarbieButterCup12Barbie; 02-25-2014 at 11:15 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT