BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Marshmallow.Unicorn
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MiaGemFriend7

Marshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to behold
 Marshmallow.Unicorn is offline Status: Offline
Unhappy Bearville is Done

You guys, we all have to admit that Bearville is done. There has been almost no new updates in a long time and the game has been getting a lot of lag lately. Also barely anyone goes on Bearville or Bearville forums anymore. In one of Chloe's Blogs titled "Goodbye Friends", it mostly talked about the new app instead of Bearville. And at the end of her blog, she said goodbye, that means the end of Bearville. It looks like Build-a-Bear kinda gave up on Bearville and is more into the new app. I've been a BV member since 2008, and I guess this is goodbye to all the updates.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 PM
AbbeyAdorable9215
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: watup ναηεssα

AbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant future
 AbbeyAdorable9215 is offline Status: Offline

i hope its not done. i've been on it since 2009 and i don't go on
it as much anymore because i'm really busy with school. i've tried
using that app but i hate it and can;t use it. i love bearville so i really
hope it's not done but they have sorta been forgetting about it
lately which is really sad. and the lack of updates doesn't make me
want to go on the site that much either which annoys me
Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 PM
FruityPear
Polar Bear

FruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura about
 FruityPear is offline Status: Offline

ive been on babv since early 2008 which is like basically when the site started and so much has changed since then.. i spent nearly my entire life from 2008-almost 2011 on that site and i remember so many updates and new features so now im just presuming theyve run out of ideas for the site, besides small ones like new bears and such, or theyre deciding to just let the site go. maybe both. im sure theyll never close it or completely stop updating it, at least not anytime soon, but theres more than likely never going to be a huge update again like the introduction of the island/carnival/north pole or whatever its called. theres just not that much more that can be done to babv.
and its also probably because so many of the people like us who used the site so much are a lot older now and have lost interest in bab, there just isnt as many people for it as there used to be (like remember years ago when on the usa region there was probably near or over 20 different dens and at certain times the first 10 would all be nearly completely full??? and now i havent seen the first one full in ages)

Last edited by FruityPear; 02-20-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BethAnBearHug

BethAnBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BethAnBearHug is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Marshmallow.Unicorn
You guys, we all have to admit that Bearville is done. There has been almost no new updates in a long time and the game has been getting a lot of lag lately. Also barely anyone goes on Bearville or Bearville forums anymore. In one of Chloe's Blogs titled "Goodbye Friends", it mostly talked about the new app instead of Bearville. And at the end of her blog, she said goodbye, that means the end of Bearville. It looks like Build-a-Bear kinda gave up on Bearville and is more into the new app. I've been a BV member since 2008, and I guess this is goodbye to all the updates.

Build-a-Bear, Does-not-Care

Old 02-20-2014, 11:56 PM
FruityPear
Polar Bear

FruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura about
 FruityPear is offline Status: Offline

i'm sure they do care, theres just not that much they can do anymore to babv
Old 02-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

First, Chloe's goodbye was because they aren't going to have any more blog entries. She appeared after that during Christmas, you'll recall.

Second, they didn't stop all the updates because they ran out of ideas. It's because they have fewer people maintaining it. They're just spending less on it. I think a big problem is that since it's flash-based, people can't play it on their phones. Since people are spending more time on their phones, this is a problem that will continue to grow.

Bear Valley tried to start a new companion program, but it socks, to be completely honest. My biggest hope was that they would convert Bearville to HTML5 or to a non-browser program as-is or at least in the same spirit - a world with people to meet and with characters and condos that you can customize. A single player app doesn't replace that. However, I think now that a new Bearville would cost more than they would be willing to spend. So, I suppose it will close one day, maybe sooner than we think.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:35 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Kirby
Second, they didn't stop all the updates because they ran out of ideas. It's because they have fewer people maintaining it. They're just spending less on it. I think a big problem is that since it's flash-based, people can't play it on their phones. Since people are spending more time on their phones, this is a problem that will continue to grow.
This is correct; the target demographic for bearville spends more time playing on their phones than they do on the computer. There could be an argument made that they should change to a more mobile-friendly playing format, except:

The second problem is really the poor behaviour of people playing the game. How many scammers have you seen? How many people being mean to others? How many people saying things that they shouldn't? All of those actions and behaviours add up to a huge expense to run bearville. They have to moderate everything, because people abuse it.

Then whenever they do anything whatsoever that someone doesn't like (and you can't please everyone all the time) all they get is poor behaviour from people demanding things be changed to the way they want it done. Temper tantrums have never solved any problems I've ever known about.

It's really a lose-lose situation for them so far.

Why would they want to invest even more money, time, and effort into the bearville project when all it does is cost them? Businesses that do that don't generally stay in business very long.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Marshmallow.Unicorn
Polar Bear

Marshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by BethAnBearHug

Build-a-Bear, Does-not-Care

Beth, I wouldn't say they don't care anymore, like FruityPear said, there really isn't anything to do with it because of people's behavior and lack of ideas. Also, if they didn't care, they wouldn't make new bears and the new app.

View Post Originally Posted by Kirby
First, Chloe's goodbye was because they aren't going to have any more blog entries. She appeared after that during Christmas, you'll recall.

Ohh, I didn't see Chloe during Christmas cause I wasn't on all of last year but thanks.

That is true and I have to agree, today's society is just spending time on our phones.

View Post Originally Posted by kassiered
This is correct; the target demographic for bearville spends more time playing on their phones than they do on the computer. There could be an argument made that they should change to a more mobile-friendly playing format, except:

The second problem is really the poor behaviour of people playing the game. How many scammers have you seen? How many people being mean to others? How many people saying things that they shouldn't? All of those actions and behaviours add up to a huge expense to run bearville. They have to moderate everything, because people abuse it.

Then whenever they do anything whatsoever that someone doesn't like (and you can't please everyone all the time) all they get is poor behaviour from people demanding things be changed to the way they want it done. Temper tantrums have never solved any problems I've ever known about.

It's really a lose-lose situation for them so far.

Why would they want to invest even more money, time, and effort into the bearville project when all it does is cost them? Businesses that do that don't generally stay in business very long.
I've seen a lot of people on Bearville saying and doing what is wrong and Bearville never really solved those problems. At least now don't have to worry about any of that in the app.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BethAnBearHug

BethAnBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BethAnBearHug is offline Status: Offline

If Build-a-Bear cared, they would continue to support the game.

Build-a-Bear created Bearville, let us fall in love with it, we spent tons of money, we invested thousands of hours playing and then they just abandon Bearville.

Build-a-Bear, Does-Not-Care

Old 02-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Marshmallow.Unicorn
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by BethAnBearHug
If Build-a-Bear cared, they would continue to support the game.

Build-a-Bear created Bearville, let us fall in love with it, we spent tons of money, we invested thousands of hours playing and then they just abandon Bearville.

Build-a-Bear, Does-Not-Care

They did support the game for a good 5 or 6 years but now since they've run out of ideas and people have grown more into their phones, they have nothing left to do with the game.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT