BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
SamieStarShine
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SamieStarShine

SamieStarShine is on a distinguished road
 SamieStarShine is offline Status: Offline
Default Email from Maxine regarding celebrity bears after comments from BI members

My writing is in black, Maxine's reply is in blue.

Maxine, please hear us Bearville Insider Members out. We think celebrity bears are ok if there is a few, but most of us feel that there is too many of them and that we don't want BABW to turn into a "all for the money" kind of company. We want BABW to stay as a Furry Friend place to make bears or other animals. Here are other opinions I thought you should see:

StarrBalletBear

I agree with the fact that they're starting to make a lot of bears based of shows and bears. They have HSM, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and now iCarly. Soon there's gonna be more of them probably. I wish there weren't so many, or at least that there were some bears that were based of of shows or celebrities that were Nick and Disney stars for people who are fans of things out of them.
You have a good point though! I don't want BABW turning into another one of those things like Webkinz, or Disney where it's all in it for the money.

MadisonYouRock28

Personally I am not happy with it either. Because Alvin and the chipmunks you get like shirts and money and what if you CAN'T go to BABW and you have like 50 Bearbills what are you going to do? IDK! Just play games? Naw!! I am personally upset with it too! I mean I like High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers and icarly, But what if they are turning into one of those places where it's ONLY for money? I know it is cool getting money and stuff, but I never got a bear for icarly, HSM, HM, JB. Or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Like really? My bears are all old and So I only have two bears, on BABV. So, Lots of OTHER people get Them so they can get bearbills and stuff, But, I don't. So yeah that is very annoying.

These are highly requested by kids who shop in our stores and play on line as well. They do not have anything other animals don't have. Each animal gets its own special gifts for BABV whether they are the Be Mine Dalmatian or I Carly. Every new animal gets 3000 BB the month it is launched, a condo room and another gift. It doesn't matter whether the animal is $10 or $20--they all get the same online rewards.
These celebrity bears are done thru licensing agreements with the studios and some are easier to deal with than others and they take years to work on. We are in discussions with Nick and Alvin is actually Fox. Jonas and Hannah are Disney. We had Pooh and Mickey in the past and we also had the Muppets.
Madison below does not buy any animals or so it sounds so she has to play games and get her points other ways but we have over 300 stores and thank goodness many people come and buy our bears and play with them online. We make it very easy for people to play who don't have animals unlike other websites and we always have surprises for our Guests.
Thanks for sending me these comments they help us do a better job.

Last edited by SamieStarShine; 01-11-2010 at 10:02 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
rosaverycool1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rosaverycool1

rosaverycool1 is on a distinguished road
 rosaverycool1 is offline Status: Offline

the should not make a lot of celebrity bears because then ist not going to be build a bear workshop it would be build a bear celebrity work shop
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
FluffyCuddle44
Sage Bear
BABV Name: FluffyCuddle44

FluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of light
 FluffyCuddle44 is offline Status: Offline

I hope you asked the two other individuals whose names that are in that letter their permission before you sent that letter to Maxine.

I actually don't feel that way about the licensed bears, I enjoy them just as much. Being a big fan of ICarly, I am very excited for the bear to come out. The same with Alvin.

It kind of sounded most of us here at Buildabear Insider felt that way or many of us, which I don't know if that is the case or not.

You are entitled to your opinion and I do respect it, however, when writing a letter, it is best to stick to how you feel and what you think and not really bring others or groups into it, unless it is a group initiative or others have asked you to do it for them?

I mean no harm in what I am saying, I just hope you understand my point of view on this. There are many different types of furry friends to satisfy the likes of many many individuals. We don't have to like every animal that is released, there are always going to be fans of any animal that is released.

View Post Originally Posted by SamieStarShine
My writing is in black, Maxine's reply is in blue.

Maxine, please hear us Bearville Insider Members out. We think celebrity bears are ok if there is a few, but most of us feel that there is too many of them and that we don't want BABW to turn into a "all for the money" kind of company. We want BABW to stay as a Furry Friend place to make bears or other animals. Here are other opinions I thought you should see:

StarrBalletBear

I agree with the fact that they're starting to make a lot of bears based of shows and bears. They have HSM, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and now iCarly. Soon there's gonna be more of them probably. I wish there weren't so many, or at least that there were some bears that were based of of shows or celebrities that were Nick and Disney stars for people who are fans of things out of them.
You have a good point though! I don't want BABW turning into another one of those things like Webkinz, or Disney where it's all in it for the money.

MadisonYouRock28

Personally I am not happy with it either. Because Alvin and the chipmunks you get like shirts and money and what if you CAN'T go to BABW and you have like 50 Bearbills what are you going to do? IDK! Just play games? Naw!! I am personally upset with it too! I mean I like High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers and icarly, But what if they are turning into one of those places where it's ONLY for money? I know it is cool getting money and stuff, but I never got a bear for icarly, HSM, HM, JB. Or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Like really? My bears are all old and So I only have two bears, on BABV. So, Lots of OTHER people get Them so they can get bearbills and stuff, But, I don't. So yeah that is very annoying.

These are highly requested by kids who shop in our stores and play on line as well. They do not have anything other animals don't have. Each animal gets its own special gifts for BABV whether they are the Be Mine Dalmatian or I Carly. Every new animal gets 3000 BB the month it is launched, a condo room and another gift. It doesn't matter whether the animal is $10 or $20--they all get the same online rewards.
These celebrity bears are done thru licensing agreements with the studios and some are easier to deal with than others and they take years to work on. We are in discussions with Nick and Alvin is actually Fox. Jonas and Hannah are Disney. We had Pooh and Mickey in the past and we also had the Muppets.
Madison below does not buy any animals or so it sounds so she has to play games and get her points other ways but we have over 300 stores and thank goodness many people come and buy our bears and play with them online. We make it very easy for people to play who don't have animals unlike other websites and we always have surprises for our Guests.
Thanks for sending me these comments they help us do a better job.
Thank you for sharing Maxine's response.

Last edited by FluffyCuddle44; 01-11-2010 at 10:12 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 10:16 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

I think having the iCarly Bear is cool.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
PriscillaBallerina31
Sage Bear
BABV Name: PriscillaBallerina31

PriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond repute
 PriscillaBallerina31 is offline Status: Offline

Build a Bear does hae a variety of different bears other than the disney bears to buy. I hope you had the other people permissions to send their comments to Maxine before you did otherwise people are going to be afraid to give an opinion on here thinking anyone could send my comment to Maxine.
I might not be a fan of every disney show that has a bear but I did buy the hannah bear, Jonas bear, and I do have a Icarly bear reserved and I am not that big a fan of Icarly but the bear is very pretty and I like it anyway.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
SamieStarShine
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SamieStarShine

SamieStarShine is on a distinguished road
 SamieStarShine is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FluffyCuddle44
I hope you asked the two other individuals whose names that are in that letter their permission before you sent that letter to Maxine.

I actually don't feel that way about the licensed bears, I enjoy them just as much. Being a big fan of ICarly, I am very excited for the bear to come out. The same with Alvin.

It kind of sounded most of us here at Buildabear Insider felt that way or many of us, which I don't know if that is the case or not.

You are entitled to your opinion and I do respect it, however, when writing a letter, it is best to stick to how you feel and what you think and not really bring others or groups into it, unless it is a group initiative or others have asked you to do it for them?

I mean no harm in what I am saying, I just hope you understand my point of view on this. There are many different types of furry friends to satisfy the likes of many many individuals. We don't have to like every animal that is released, there are always going to be fans of any animal that is released.

No problem, and I did ask for StarrBalletBear's permission, but could not contact Madison. I hope she thinks it's ok.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
stephaniesparkle
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: stephaniesparkle95

stephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to allstephaniesparkle is a name known to all
 stephaniesparkle is offline Status: Offline

I love all the furry friends, even the character ones. there's something for everyone at BABW!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 PM
chantellefurshion
Polar Bear
BABV Name: chantellefurshion

chantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to behold
 chantellefurshion is offline Status: Offline

i think they should make other animals for different age groups, little kids don't just shop babw! i like how they did sanrio because its not targetted for the younger tween audience
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Freya
Founder
BABV Name: FreyaFullofHugs

Freya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the rough
 Freya is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FluffyCuddle44

Your response is very well written and I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you FluffyCuddle for addressing this.

I personally like the celebrity bears and think they are great ideas. The new iCarly bear is very beautiful.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello_Keroppi
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RyleeRaspberry2

Hello_Keroppi has a spectacular aura aboutHello_Keroppi has a spectacular aura aboutHello_Keroppi has a spectacular aura about
 Hello_Keroppi is offline Status: Offline

I agree! Many people like many characters, [Such as iCarly,] and love Build a Bear. It is a good way of bringing 2 favorites together. I am not saying bad choice but I have a few disagreements to this, many kids love the feature. Even though some may not, it keep kids happy and wanting more. I am really looking forward to a few things that is is my age level. I mean not like Heroes and stuff, but things I really love! And a few younger kid stuff, like bringing back the Sesame Crew with more people, such as Grover, Abbie Cadabbie, and Honkers? Also maybe the brand new flashlight everyone is talking about, Flicker! I would DEFINATELY buy that
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT