BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 AM
AshleyLuv2Dance166
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AshleyLuv2Dance166

AshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really niceAshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really niceAshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really niceAshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really nice
 AshleyLuv2Dance166 is offline Status: Offline
Default Movie Theater Popcorn Crisis!!

Hi everyone! How many of you love going to the movies and enjoying a nice bag of popcorn and a soda?? Well, thats all about to change--maybe. Today, I logged on and went to my homepage (which is AOL) and I saw that on the front page of the headlines is this story about how some executive guy wants to change unhealthy popcron into something healthier. If they think this will help stop obesity in America, their wrong. Yes, it may help like 3% of the regular movie snack junkies, but still if they changed it, people would probably boycott!! Here's a little bit of the story below but if you click here, it'll be the full AOL version.

(The below is not my words, credit to Aol.com the author, Amber James, and the LA Times for reporting)

Mar 17th 2010 09:51AM
Forget Popcorn; Executive Demands Healthy Treats at Movie Theaters
Instead of hearing the rustle of candy wrappers, moviegoers may be interrupted by the sound of people munching on apples and carrots. Sony Pictures Entertainment Chief Executive Michael Lynton wants theater owners to put down the popcorn and candy and start offering healthier treats, the L.A. Times reports. While there's nothing quite like a bag of popcorn smothered in butter, patrons watching their waistlines would finally have nutritious snacking options. While some movie theater managers are open to the option, patrons seem more upset about the change to an age-old tradition.
During the annual ShoWest movie industry convention, Lynton presented a poll of moviegoers commissioned by Sony Pictures, which revealed:
• two-thirds of moviegoers and three-quarters of parents are more likely to buy healthy snacks at theaters if they are offered;
• forty-two percent of parents said they would buy concessions more often if healthy options were available; and
• sixty percent of parents said having healthier snacks in theaters would enhance their overall movie-going experience

As I said before, if you want the full story, go to the link or aol.com and on the front page will be the full story. So what do you think? Tell us here or go to the Polls section because I have just posted a poll asking this question. So look for me there too and I hope you guys get what you want!

don't forget to vote peeps!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Freya
Founder
BABV Name: FreyaFullofHugs

Freya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the rough
 Freya is offline Status: Offline

Ugh! I would hate to sit through a movie and listen to the chomping of carrots and celery and apples! Popcorn isn't so bad without the butter, as long as you have a small one and include it in your carb count for the day.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:06 AM
RedPandaLover
Trading Teddy

RedPandaLover has a spectacular aura aboutRedPandaLover has a spectacular aura aboutRedPandaLover has a spectacular aura about
 RedPandaLover is offline Status: Offline

Yeah, I agree with you guys! I couldn't live through a movie without popcorn. Plus, my family gets free admition, popcorn, and soda cause my brother works there! So I still need my popcorn.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 AM
AshleyLuv2Dance166
Trading Teddy

AshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really niceAshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really niceAshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really niceAshleyLuv2Dance166 is just really nice

exactly Freya!! and yea, your lucky rose!! I wish I got free stuff lol!! Anyways, I hope everything stays!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:10 AM
CaraPawprints1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: talk to me on the dct

CaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond repute
 CaraPawprints1 is offline Status: Offline

Yes! I'd rather have cauliflower with ranch dressing! YUM!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 AM
AshleyLuv2Dance166
Trading Teddy

lol! cara. noooo!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
CaraPawprints1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: talk to me on the dct

CaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond repute
 CaraPawprints1 is offline Status: Offline

lol xD
Old 03-20-2010, 03:01 PM
AmyWinter21
Trading Teddy

AmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant future
 AmyWinter21 is offline Status: Offline

They should offer both. That way the healthy people can get the healthy food, and the not-as-healthy people can get popcorn and candy!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
DestinyGirlsRock10
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DestinyGirlsRock10

DestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the rough
 DestinyGirlsRock10 is offline Status: Offline

I hate when I go to the movies and people are so healthy xD it's the movies your supposed to have popcorn and candy well whatever yeah know I will boycott it most of us sneak in out own snacks cause we don't wanna pay $15 for a medium popcorn
Old 03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
fortunecooky
Polar Bear
BABV Name: darcywhite2

fortunecooky is on a distinguished road
 fortunecooky is offline Status: Offline

That would be so annoying if they do that, one of the reasons I go to the movies is for the popcorn
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT