BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2014, 01:17 AM
SnowCrystal
Polar Bear
BABV Name: EvaSnowBear4

SnowCrystal is just really niceSnowCrystal is just really niceSnowCrystal is just really niceSnowCrystal is just really nice
 SnowCrystal is offline Status: Offline
Default Toy Castle from Bearemy March 1

I just received a Toy Castle from clicking on Bearemy in Town Square. It is a repeat gift; but if you didn't get it before, then you have a chance to now.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:55 AM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

This was the gift from Santa's e-mail two months ago. I suppose it's a mistake, since I'm not aware of any holiday on March 1st. <= Embarrassed for BABW
Old 03-02-2014, 09:57 AM
FruityPear
Polar Bear

FruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura aboutFruityPear has a spectacular aura about
 FruityPear is offline Status: Offline

im glad i got one though now, since i missed it before!! thanks for the heads up o:
Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Bambooski
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AbbiSparkleBear4

Bambooski is a jewel in the roughBambooski is a jewel in the roughBambooski is a jewel in the rough
 Bambooski is offline Status: Offline

*sighs* oh dear. Rather embarrassing for Bearville. But I like the castle so whatever

Last edited by Bambooski; 03-04-2014 at 09:32 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

I really don't get this. First everyone complains that there are no gifts given out, now when Bearville just randomly gives out a gift, everyone complains about it and says they are embarrassed for Bearville. Repeat or not, a little gratitude can go a long way.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Kay
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KayCub50

Kay is on a distinguished road
 Kay is offline Status: Offline

That castle was just gived 2 months ago much be a glitch
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

Please Note:
"There have been many complaints regarding missing special days and prizes in bearville that often times now the prizes remain available for much longer time periods so that more people can pick up the prizes and not feel left out."

This came back from one of the developer teams, so no, not necessarily a 'glitch', but a 'we didn't turn it off in case people didn't get it'.

I'm not sure I understand how it's 'embarrassing' that bearville is trying to make sure that people don't miss out on things...intentionally or otherwise.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Marshmallow.Unicorn
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MiaGemFriend7

Marshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to beholdMarshmallow.Unicorn is a splendid one to behold
 Marshmallow.Unicorn is offline Status: Offline

I think people are saying that it's "embarrassing" for Bearville since they are just being "lazy", "don't care as much anymore", and have run out of ideas and are just doing repeats of things. Like what Karen said, first people complain about no prizes and then complain about getting repeat prizes but sadly not everyone is satisfied with things. It's today's society.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:35 AM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by karenbearhug
I really don't get this. First everyone complains that there are no gifts given out, now when Bearville just randomly gives out a gift, everyone complains about it and says they are embarrassed for Bearville. Repeat or not, a little gratitude can go a long way.
Come on, that was a clear mistake, not some attempt to make the toy more available. The Santa giveaway was by mail, so everyone got it if they showed up a within a month to check their mail. That's more available than a fountain item. Also, there was no dialog to indicate that Bearemy had a gift. He was still telling people to go in the store. It's a mistake. Now that it's clear I will explain.

I have no problem being grateful AND embarrassed, except it was a repeat from just two months ago. The embarrassed part - and I really hope I can make you see - is from mistake after mistake. Look in the BVTimes. "Try to beat Kylan2Hip3's score of 1,000 in Backstage Search!" Wrong. That game isn't played for points anymore, and 1,000 was already the maximum even back then. Someone doesn't know what they're doing, and they don't even check it when they're done.

Other obvious problems. Worst for me was offering prizes for Camp Happy Heart daily challenges, and then not awarding the prize or any other recognition of the winners. I've seen the glass bluebird as a fountain prize three times last year, then there was the near-identical fuzzy hats last month. My VIB calendar sticks out the wrong way from the wall, no matter which wall, and they can't or won't fix it. More?

I recognize that they have cut way back on supporting BV, but they should at least have someone who's played the game running it.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I was wondering about the toy castle, because I already got it for Christmas, but those of you who had not received it yet, should be (well surprised but) grateful.

Kirby, I really wondered about the Backstage searc hand the score, since I kept asking myself how you can get a score then. Ever since I first started playing on bearville, and this is 3 years ago, there was no score for the Backstage search.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT