BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Links

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline
Default Reposting: Rules for links to other sites

You may post a link off-site in this section only, however, if there is any inappropriate content on that site, the staff will remove your thread.

All sites shall receive ONE thread. If more than one thread is posted for a site, the additional ones will be merged with the original. Continued violation of the one thread rule will result in any threads about that site being deleted. Ideally, the owner or a staff member of a site should start the original thread. Please include the name of the site in the title.

NOTE: If you own a site and a Links thread has already been posted, please contact a staff member and we'll look into allowing you to repost the thread and deleting the other.

You may not advertise your site anywhere on the forum EXCEPT by making a thread here. You may also add a link to your site or your Links thread in your signature.

Advertising your forum anywhere else on the site will result in a vacation from BI.

You may not discuss technical issues or features of your site on your Links thread. We are quite confident you wouldn't want us coming to your site and discussing BI issues.

You may not beg people to visit your site.

Simply post a link and a brief explanation of what your site is about.

You may NOT bump your thread up. Thread bumping is ONLY permitted in the Trading Den.

If you have ANY questions, please ask a staff member before posting. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
SilverStars
Polar Bear

SilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud ofSilverStars has much to be proud of
 SilverStars is offline Status: Offline

I agree. Thank You FOM. (:
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Snewdles
Trading Teddy

Snewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond repute
 Snewdles is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for clearing this up.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 PM
AngelBlossom
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SunnyPhotoBear

AngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant future
 AngelBlossom is offline Status: Offline

thank you for telling us this.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
angel89
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Kaitlyn

angel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond repute
 angel89 is offline Status: Offline

Okay thanks fom
Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Mark21
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarkBrown21

Mark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really nice
 Mark21 is offline Status: Offline

Question:

I noticed you stated in the above post, we are not allowed to post our sites anywhere on the Forum except in the Links section. However I and a few of my friends were told a while ago, That Members were allowed to post links in their Signature, Links thread and Members were allowed to VM close friends about their site. Could you please clarify if these rules are still in place? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Mark21
Question:

I noticed you stated in the above post, we are not allowed to post our sites anywhere on the Forum except in the Links section. However I and a few of my friends were told a while ago, That Members were allowed to post links in their Signature, Links thread and Members were allowed to VM close friends about their site. Could you please clarify if these rules are still in place? Thanks.
Sorry, tweaked that rule about the signature. Thats the only other place you can post a link.

You can no longer post them in vms. The issue with this is that is does the person you're posting it to really consider you their friend? Most of the time, when someone gets reported, its the person whose profile you posted to (not you in particular) that has reported the issue. Then when we remind someone not to advertise that person says "I only posted in on friend's profile pages." You may consider them a friend...but do they consider you one close enough to let you post the link? Its too confusing and too much up for interpretation. The safest thing to do is post it in this section and in your signature.

So, links to your site or to your links thread in your sig, ok. Links posted on vms...no.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks so much for clarifying!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Mark21
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarkBrown21

Mark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really nice
 Mark21 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
Sorry, tweaked that rule about the signature. Thats the only other place you can post a link.

You can no longer post them in vms. The issue with this is that is does the person you're posting it to really consider you their friend? Most of the time, when someone gets reported, its the person whose profile you posted to (not you in particular) that has reported the issue. Then when we remind someone not to advertise that person says "I only posted in on friend's profile pages." You may consider them a friend...but do they consider you one close enough to let you post the link? Its too confusing and too much up for interpretation. The safest thing to do is post it in this section and in your signature.

So, links to your site or to your links thread ok. Links posted on vms...no.
Okay, I do agree with the "No posting links on VMs" I think that is fair. Thank you for clarifying this.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
AbbeyAdorable9215
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: watup ναηεssα

AbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant futureAbbeyAdorable9215 has a brilliant future
 AbbeyAdorable9215 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting this, Fom(:
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
$newdles got 1st tag, abbygail<3, hanner nanner(:, snewdles in the house, tagger girl