BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 02:47 AM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline
Default ~ How to Avoid Getting Scammed on Bearville ~

Hi there!

I'm sure we've all heard about scamming on Bearville, correct? Some might be afraid of being scammed. However, there are very simple ways to avoid getting scammed!

Here's a list of ways that you can avoid getting scammed on Build-A-Bearville. Trust me, this really helps!
  • Always scroll over the item that a member has and is willing to trade to see what it is called. There are some items that are easy to disguise as rares.
  • Don't let others "borrow" your items, no matter how close a friend they are! You don't know how many times I've seen people who have been scammed by "friends" who claimed to "just want to try it on", don't listen to these people, no matter how much they beg and plead!
  • If you think that you might be getting scammed (when you aren't sure of an items exact value), check and make sure that you are getting a fair deal.
  • DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT, EVER BearMail trade! This is an easy scam that I have seen many cases of. Normally you ask a member to trade, they say something like they have their trades off but you could trade through BearMail, and if you agree, they will tell you to send first, then they take the item, delete you, and don't send anything in return.

I Want to Prevent Scamming, how can I do it?

Well, you can ALWAYS report whenever you see a scam about to happen, and warn the person about to get scammed. Also, warn your friends if they have been asked to trade by this person. That's about all I can think of.

List of (Some) Fair Trades
Here are some examples of fair trades so that you will know when you are being scammed or not.
(NOTE: the other person's item is listed first, and your item is listed second)
Grand Tiara - BBL Cap
Bunny Glasses - Orange Kitty Mask
EFT - Sash
Furry Feet - Bunny Glasses
Silk Pajama Pants - Tie-Dyed Shirt
Santa Beard - Wig Curlers
Orange Kitty Mask - Nerdy Glasses
Santa Claus Costume (this year) - Justice Suspenders Outfit (from BVO)

List of (Some) Unfair Trades
Here are some examples of unfair trades so that you will know when you are being scammed or not.
(NOTE: the scammer's item is listed first, and your item is listed second)
Heart Glasses (from Pawlette Cofur last year) - BBL Cap
Apple - Orange Kitty Mask
Tube Top (not sure of exact name) - Sash
Small Purse (not sure of exact name) - Bunny Glasses
Purple Pants from Bearywood Mall - Tie-Dyed Shirt
Elf Dress from BVO this year (not sure of exact name) - Wig Curlers
Polo Tee-Shirt (not sure of exact name) - Nerdy Glasses
Santa Claus Costume (this year) - Blue Hello Kitty Shirt (not sure of exact name)
50 Dollars - Sock Hop Socks (not sure of exact name)

Thanks for reading! (:

If you have any questions, VM me or post on this thread!
Old 12-25-2010, 05:26 AM
sandra2hip17
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Sandra2Hip17(Sand A)

sandra2hip17 has a spectacular aura aboutsandra2hip17 has a spectacular aura about
 sandra2hip17 is offline Status: Offline

thank you very much! I feel when ever I login I will be scammed Thanks. (:

(posted by sandra from DSi)
Old 12-25-2010, 08:03 AM
SarahZebra10
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SarahZebra10

SarahZebra10 will become famous soon enough
 SarahZebra10 is offline Status: Offline

Whoa! This is a really good thread!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:07 AM
turtlelover
Polar Bear
BABV Name: HalleSuperstar2

turtlelover will become famous soon enough
 turtlelover is offline Status: Offline

Whoa! This is a really good thread!
-SarahZebra10

I agree with her!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:25 PM
CaKeCuP8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: anje

CaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud of
 CaKeCuP8 is offline Status: Offline

Awesome guide ! xD
Great tips of avoiding getting scammed in BABV ! xD
Old 12-25-2010, 03:27 PM
SChickie1
Banned
BABV Name: Susan

SChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud of
 SChickie1 is offline Status: Offline

I dont think these are allowed but anyway reps
Old 12-25-2010, 04:40 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone!

View Post Originally Posted by SChickie1
I dont think these are allowed but anyway reps
...Why would this not be allowed? It's not a reminder thread...it's just some tips...
Old 12-25-2010, 04:42 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

bettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond repute
 bettybeach13 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by SChickie1
I don't think these are allowed but anyway reps
It's a guide of how to be safe.It's allowed.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:49 PM
MaegenBuddy
Trading Teddy

MaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond repute
 MaegenBuddy is offline Status: Offline

There is this-http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...ad.php?t=85318
But thanks for posting.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:53 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by MaegenBuddy
There is this-http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...ad.php?t=85318
But thanks for posting.
That doesn't cover any of the stuff that I posted about.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT