BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Musical!

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
mcr911
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AlexxNovember1

mcr911 is on a distinguished road
 mcr911 is offline Status: Offline
Default Subculture: An alternative-music newsletter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S U B C U L T U R E
"Live alternative."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T A B L E O F C O N T E N T S

1. Wonderfully Warped!
The lineup for Warped Tour 2010 has been announced! Did your favorite band make the list?

2. Music Speaks Louder Than War.
Christofer Drew Ingle is changing the way the world looks at alternative music.

3. Discussion
There's a new discussion topic in each issue. This week, talk about whether a concert venue shout be created in Build-A-Bearville.

4. Now Hiring!
Let your voice be heard by writing for Subculture! More details in the article.

W O N D E R F U L L Y W A R P E D !
Article by mcr911

Across the country, fans of alternative music have gotten a taste of what this year's Warped Tour will be like. The Warped Tour is a traveling concert that usually features over 50 bands, all in one day, and lasts about eight hours on average! Tents will be set up, where you can buy tee shirts, try free samples of CDs or sponsored products, and meet famous musicians, as well as stages where your favorite bands will play! Going to the Warped Tour is a huge bargain, since the tickets are usually around $80, and you can see as many band concerts as you like. That's about 20 concerts for the price of one! Warped Tour is famous for its huge lineup of well-known bands. This previous summer, the tour featured world-famous musicians like Escape The Fate, The Architects, 3oh!3, and more. There is also a skateboarding ramp where concert-goers can watch amazing skaters and several snack bars. This year's lineup includes great bands like Anarbor, Enter Shikari, Mayday Parade, and We The Kings. For the entire list, visit Warped Tour's official website.

M U S I C S P E A K S L O U D E R T H A N W A R
Article by mcr911. Photography by Sara Kiesling.

Click the image to open in full size.
Christofer Drew Ingle, AKA NeverShoutNever, has told the world that rock music doesn't have to be violent.

A crowd of millions wait eagerly in a packed stadium. Suddenly, the lights dim. Everybody begins to chant: "Chris-to-fer! Chris-to-fer!", and the tension builds. These millions of people are at a rock concert, but they aren't going to mosh, fight, or see a singer covered in piercings and tattoos. They are here to listen to Christofer Drew's love songs. Drew's music has made the world take a whole new perspective on rock music; it can be positive, too.

Christofer goes by the alias "NeverShoutNever", which is an accurate name, considering that his songs are mostly guitar acoustics about love. Even though his music is alternative rock, the lyrics are positive. This is a rare thing to hear in the genre, but his songs break all barriers. When you're having a crummy day, listen to "Happy"; when your heart is broken, listen to "YourBiggestFan". When I'm sad, listening to a NeverShoutNever song is the same as a hug. The positive lyrics, simple guitar background, and Christofer's amazing voice have all shown the world that rock music isn't always about who can be the toughest.

D I S C U S S I O N
What do you think about the following topic? See the guide below for instructions on how to submit your thoughts.

The Cub Condo for my main BABV account is large and spacious, and I love to see musicians showing their stuff in Build-A-Bearville. Add that together, and it seems like a great idea to open up a concert venue or theater in my home. However, I want to know if anyone will play music at my venue or attend concerts there. What do you guys think?

**REMEMBER to type "Discussion Reply" into the title space when replying, so we know what article you're talking about.

N O W H I R I N G !

Do you think you have what it takes to write for Subculture? Then, why not apply to become a writer! We are looking for one or two EXCELLENT writers who really care about alternative music. Read the criteria below to see if you can apply to become a Subculture writer:

1. Writers can create great articles with little or no grammar mistakes.
2. Writers listen to alternative music frequently.
3. Writers will credit the photographers of any pictures they use.
4. Writers are able to produce one good article every two weeks.
5. Writers are able to send their articles in on time.

If you think that you are able to do these things, fill out the application, and you could possibly become a writer! Remember that filling out an application does not guarantee you the position.

1. What is your BI username?
2. Who are your favorite alternative bands?
3. Why should we choose you as a new writer?
4. Please write an article about alternative music that is at least 7 sentences, or a paragraph, long. If you are chosen, this article will be included in the next issue of Subculture.

Remember to send your application to mcr911 by PRIVATE MESSAGING. Your application will NOT be considered if it is posted in a reply.

T H A N K Y O U F O R R E A D I N G S U B C U L T U R E ! ! !

Last edited by mcr911; 12-20-2009 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Typos in title
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT