BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2017, 05:36 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

It's been over a month since I posted here, so enjoy a fanfic I wrote for The Lunar Chronicles Ship Weeks, under the prompt "Satellite":

Spoiler: show
A satellite orbited Earth. In that satellite was a young girl named Crescent Moon. And she felt so, terribly alone.

Cress walked over to her window and looked out at Earth. She had imagined she’d live there, and she’d make Earthen friends…

Well, that never happened.

Cress sighed. Mistress Sybil wasn’t very welcoming, and she had no one else to talk to. Just herself. No friends, and nothing to do, either. If only she had something to do…

An idea hit the ten year old programmer. What if she created her own program, to ease the boredom and create a friend? The idea was brilliant to Cress; she just wasn’t sure Mistress Sybil would approve…

But the program could help her monitor Earthen feeds. It was good for her morale, and good for Luna. She could do it.

Cress sat down in her chair, rolled over to the invisi-screens, and set to work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Mistress’s ship detected,” Cress said, recording her voice for the program. “Expected arrival in twenty-two seconds. Twenty-one, twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen, fifteen, fourteen, thirteen, twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one.” She brushed her long hair back. “Mistress has arrived.” She stopped the recording and listened to it. Deciding that it sounded fluent, she saved it.

During the past three weeks since she started making the program, Cress grew attached to the prospect of creating a friend to talk with and play games with, even if it was just a program. That was her driving force to finish the program. Not to stave off the boredom, not to help in her duty to Luna, but to simply have a friend, a companion that Sybil just couldn’t provide.

A notification popped up on one of the invisi-screens. Mistress Sybil requesting extension of the docking clamp. Cress sighed and looked around her slightly messy satellite. Yeah, that countdown was going to be useful. She extended the docking clamp and hid her project from view.

Sybil Mira walked into the satellite and glanced at Cress, who was smiling her practiced smile.

“Good day, Mistress,” the young shell said. and looked disapprovingly at the mess on the bed.

Sybil frowned. “It might be when we get all the information we’ve been looking for.” She turned and took in the messy bed. “And maybe if you can keep this satellite tidy,” she added disapprovingly.

Cress gulped. “I’m sorry, Mistress. It must have slipped my mind.”

Sybil sighed and began restocking Cress’s supplies. “Well, since we still don’t have all the intel we need, there’s still nothing we need you to do right now.”

Cress’s face fell; the lack of projects did nothing to help her boredom. “I understand, Mistress.”

Sybil finished stocking the supplies, then reached into her briefcase and pulled out a hypodermic needle. “Now then, your arm.”

Cress briefly considered telling Sybil about her program, but then decided against it and held out her arm for Sybil to take a blood sample.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had been four months to the day since Cress started making her program. It was almost done; she just needed something for the program to call her and something for her to call the program.

Cress thought about it. The program would be more than just something to help her do her duty for Luna. It would be a friend, or maybe a sister, one that she would hopefully have for years to come.

Cress got an idea, and added the names. She then activated the program.

“Big Sister?” her voice chirped.

“Hello, Little Cress,” Cress whispered, proud of her achievement.

“Mistress’s ship detected. Expected arrival in twenty-two seconds.”

Cress looked over at her messy bed and quickly made it within the twenty-two second timeframe, not wanting a lecture on keeping the satellite tidy.

“Mistress’s ship has arrived. She is requesting an extension of the docking clamp.”

Cress ran over to the invisi-screens and punched in the command. Soon, the doors opened and Sybil walked in, looking rather pleased.

“Good day, Mistress,” Cress said.

Sybil smiled. “Indeed. We finally have the intel we need. Are you ready for your next assignment?”

Cress nodded eagerly. “Of course, Mistress.”

This time, she’d have Little Cress to help her. This time, she’d have a source to help her in her work.

This time, she’d have a friend to make her job so much easier.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:47 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
It's been over a month since I posted here, so enjoy a fanfic I wrote for The Lunar Chronicles Ship Weeks, under the prompt "Satellite":

A satellite orbited Earth. In that satellite was a young girl named Crescent Moon. And she felt so, terribly alone.

Cress walked over to her window and looked out at Earth. She had imagined she’d live there, and she’d make Earthen friends…

Well, that never happened.

Cress sighed. Mistress Sybil wasn’t very welcoming, and she had no one else to talk to. Just herself. No friends, and nothing to do, either. If only she had something to do…

An idea hit the ten year old programmer. What if she created her own program, to ease the boredom and create a friend? The idea was brilliant to Cress; she just wasn’t sure Mistress Sybil would approve…

But the program could help her monitor Earthen feeds. It was good for her morale, and good for Luna. She could do it.

Cress sat down in her chair, rolled over to the invisi-screens, and set to work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Mistress’s ship detected,” Cress said, recording her voice for the program. “Expected arrival in twenty-two seconds. Twenty-one, twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen, fifteen, fourteen, thirteen, twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one.” She brushed her long hair back. “Mistress has arrived.” She stopped the recording and listened to it. Deciding that it sounded fluent, she saved it.

During the past three weeks since she started making the program, Cress grew attached to the prospect of creating a friend to talk with and play games with, even if it was just a program. That was her driving force to finish the program. Not to stave off the boredom, not to help in her duty to Luna, but to simply have a friend, a companion that Sybil just couldn’t provide.

A notification popped up on one of the invisi-screens. Mistress Sybil requesting extension of the docking clamp. Cress sighed and looked around her slightly messy satellite. Yeah, that countdown was going to be useful. She extended the docking clamp and hid her project from view.

Sybil Mira walked into the satellite and glanced at Cress, who was smiling her practiced smile.

“Good day, Mistress,” the young shell said. and looked disapprovingly at the mess on the bed.

Sybil frowned. “It might be when we get all the information we’ve been looking for.” She turned and took in the messy bed. “And maybe if you can keep this satellite tidy,” she added disapprovingly.

Cress gulped. “I’m sorry, Mistress. It must have slipped my mind.”

Sybil sighed and began restocking Cress’s supplies. “Well, since we still don’t have all the intel we need, there’s still nothing we need you to do right now.”

Cress’s face fell; the lack of projects did nothing to help her boredom. “I understand, Mistress.”

Sybil finished stocking the supplies, then reached into her briefcase and pulled out a hypodermic needle. “Now then, your arm.”

Cress briefly considered telling Sybil about her program, but then decided against it and held out her arm for Sybil to take a blood sample.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It had been four months to the day since Cress started making her program. It was almost done; she just needed something for the program to call her and something for her to call the program.

Cress thought about it. The program would be more than just something to help her do her duty for Luna. It would be a friend, or maybe a sister, one that she would hopefully have for years to come.

Cress got an idea, and added the names. She then activated the program.

“Big Sister?” her voice chirped.

“Hello, Little Cress,” Cress whispered, proud of her achievement.

“Mistress’s ship detected. Expected arrival in twenty-two seconds.”

Cress looked over at her messy bed and quickly made it within the twenty-two second timeframe, not wanting a lecture on keeping the satellite tidy.

“Mistress’s ship has arrived. She is requesting an extension of the docking clamp.”

Cress ran over to the invisi-screens and punched in the command. Soon, the doors opened and Sybil walked in, looking rather pleased.

“Good day, Mistress,” Cress said.

Sybil smiled. “Indeed. We finally have the intel we need. Are you ready for your next assignment?”

Cress nodded eagerly. “Of course, Mistress.”

This time, she’d have Little Cress to help her. This time, she’d have a source to help her in her work.

This time, she’d have a friend to make her job so much easier.
Aww I love that she called it Little Cress that's adorable.
I enjoyed reading this very much c:
Old 02-08-2017, 11:21 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

Hey guys! I just got a PC and currently on a free trial of SAI wooo
Old 02-09-2017, 06:19 PM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Niki~

NicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to all
 NicoleBigHugs60 is offline Status: Offline

(too lazy to quote) woo good job~ whispers I'm not a huge fan of BTS but I like your pic anyways. its jungkook right (only knows V and Rapmon confidently)

Im entering a contest on dA of someone I follow and I'm entering two things, a simpler piece (which I already entered) and a more complex piece bc I seen someone drawing really cool art with detailed backgrounds and I wanted to try it out.

Heres a wip of the more complex piece (bg only)
Click the image to open in full size.

And here's the smaller piece I just finished yesterday night
Old 02-11-2017, 12:03 AM
MaegenBuddy
Trading Teddy

MaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond repute
 MaegenBuddy is offline Status: Offline

aaah all your stuff is so good!!!

Last edited by MaegenBuddy; 02-11-2017 at 12:15 AM..
Old 02-12-2017, 04:47 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NicoleBigHugs60
(too lazy to quote) woo good job~ whispers I'm not a huge fan of BTS but I like your pic anyways. its jungkook right (only knows V and Rapmon confidently)

Im entering a contest on dA of someone I follow and I'm entering two things, a simpler piece (which I already entered) and a more complex piece bc I seen someone drawing really cool art with detailed backgrounds and I wanted to try it out.

Thank you ^^ So far, SAI has been amazing! I'll post the finished project of my test soon!
it's suga actually lolol
it's hard getting to know who's who don't worry

They look so good, especially the complex piece! Awesome job!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:36 PM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear

NicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by BritneyBearHug791
Thank you ^^ So far, SAI has been amazing! I'll post the finished project of my test soon!
it's suga actually lolol
it's hard getting to know who's who don't worry

They look so good, especially the complex piece! Awesome job!
I Love Sai. its the only software I can use tbh-
Youd think I'd figure that out bc everyone says Woozi from Seventeen looks like him- welp. THat goes to show I dont agree with that statement-

Thank ou~ I'm actually pretty proud if it. I just need to draw the person in the chair and I'll be done.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:00 PM
MaegenBuddy
Trading Teddy

MaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond repute
 MaegenBuddy is offline Status: Offline

school has been so busy lately hardly have any time nowadays to draw.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NicoleBigHugs60

wow that's so pretty ;~;
Old 03-20-2017, 06:37 PM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
wow that's so pretty ;~;
Thank youu ^^ I'm really happy with it. *^*
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
awesome art club, evil sai corrupts files, frogs rule!!!, hug a potato, i can't stop making mvs!, jaehee is baehee, lexy m banater, my art is improving, rip intuos pen, stay determined, we light up the world