BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:19 AM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

My thoughts on the licensed bears above:

1 (Marvel Mega Minis Black Widow™ Bear) - This is just awful on so many levels, and I don't think I need to explain any further.
As for the Marvel/DC series in general, the Thor bear could have been cute but the eyes bother me a lot.
Click the image to open in full size.
They have that same style you see in most animated children's shows that came out after 2014... I don't know how to explain it, but they're cheap-looking and ruined what could have been a decent bear.

2 (Online Exclusive Hulk Bundle) - I think it's pretty obvious as to why this is an "online exclusive". Why would anyone buy this??

3 (MY LITTLE PONY SONGBIRD SERENADE Furry Friend) - I don't think there's really anything wrong with the way the MLP series looks, but I think it's just a lame attempt to cash in on a wildly popular children's show.
I don't see very many parents buying this, simply because it isn't a good deal. You could probably buy 5 or so MLP plushies on Amazon for the same price of one at BABW.

4 (DreamWorks Trolls Poppy) - I have no clue what the heck Trolls is. And judging by how the furry friends look, I think it's best I keep it that way.

5 (New York Giants Bear) - The eye area still looks cheap, and the way the "ny" logo is stitched on looks weird... yet this is the least terrible bear so far.
The NFL bears in general are a mixed bag, but I like the ones for the Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers.

6 (Chicago Cubs Bear) - I think the whole series is actually really cute! There's nothing tacky (although the baseball ears are weird), and it just has one small logo on the foot.
But the MLP problem still stands: why buy these when you can get something similar for much cheaper? The MLB and NFL are two leagues whose respective team logos appear on almost every sort of product you can imagine.
One more thing—providing officially licensed products for sport leagues isn't cheap. Sharon may wonder why her business is going down... well, maybe she should consider spending less money on things like this.

7 (New York Knicks Uniform 2 pc.) - There's nothing wrong with these outfits, and I'm just showing them as an example of Build-a-Bear's over reliance on branded products. This series has no bears.

8 (Boston Bruins® Uniform 3 pc.) - See my comments on the Knicks uniform.

9 (Shopkins™ Bear) - This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my entire life.

10 (Online Exclusive Hot Topic® Bear) - Whoever thought this was a good idea must resign immediately. This is the sort of thing my best friend from elementary school would want... for all I know, she may actually own this bear.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:36 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

bearville.com is why we bought, to bring to life in world and yours to keep forever.

answers to why not likely to buy in store or website.

other toys have wanted apps that are updated regularly.
i still feel so cheated by babw for bv closing.

survey sent to email that doesn't receive stuff fur stuff rewards that were earned...
Old 11-04-2017, 05:47 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

Click the image to open in full size.

Build-a-Bear's attempts to cash in on the World Series are nearly as pathetic as Game 7 was
Old Today, 05:22 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

$5 gingerbread bears for black friday weekend.
btdt for bv. not doing again. so awful even then.

https://www.buildabear.com/bakeshop.html
real baked goods for your dining pleasure.
remember the bv food could not even be given away...

buy the toy stuffing machine for a whole new idea in stocking stuffing...do not use with baked goods or dinner turkey...
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
anti-sharon alliance