BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2010, 02:38 PM
carltravel
Knut

carltravel is on a distinguished road
 carltravel is offline Status: Offline
Thumbs up Inappropriate Language associated with Open Chat

I have noticed that people are substituting normal words to make innuendos too. I think it is totally unacceptable. Suggestive and offensive words have been blocked by the moderators, but people are getting around it by using other words that sound like the word or in some cases seem to have agreed words between them to mean something else. It is not in the spirit of bearville. It alienates other bearville citizens and can be hurtful if they do understand what is being said. I think acknowledging this bad behaviour will encourage more of it. People will always try to get around the rules. Drawing attention to it and limiting more words will probably only fuel their imagination. Most of us have a good time using good clean language – using the dictionary definition of words. I think the best way to approach it is to either ignore it – or tell the citizens who are using the language that you do not like that kind of language. I’m not sure what the moderators can do about it, in the meantime – let’s stand up for what we want and hope that these trouble makers will choose to leave bearville! Don’t you agree?
Old 01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Miss.Piggy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SabrinaAdventureBear381

Miss.Piggy will become famous soon enoughMiss.Piggy will become famous soon enough
 Miss.Piggy is offline Status: Offline

Yes, a lot of people say a lot of bad words on BABV... I don't know why they do it, but they do for some reason. D: But, the people who make the words, they think about it. I've actually tried which words and phrases you can say, and they knew someone was gonna say something like that, so they blocked the phrase out.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Marci

Marci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant future
 Marci is offline Status: Offline

Yesh I agree!
Thank you for saying this and reminding us :]]
x
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
alexandra
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alexandrabeeluv19

alexandra is on a distinguished road
 alexandra is offline Status: Offline

I think those people need to get a life, babv is for kids( no only kids my mom like to play photo safary) to play safe.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
DestinyGirlsRock10
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DestinyGirlsRock10

DestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the rough
 DestinyGirlsRock10 is offline Status: Offline

I think those people using bad language may have been influenced by others and some people are just using the language to get on peoples nerves I don't report everyone that I see that uses this I ask them to please stop if they give a rude remark I report them if they say oh sorry then I don't. Also it depends on what word.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Wintermint Bear
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Agnesspeedracer

Wintermint Bear is on a distinguished road
 Wintermint Bear is offline Status: Offline

I have noticed that to for some reason they gotten away with other words that suggest the same thing that is supposed to be blocked. I don't know how they do it or why but that type of behavior needs to be blocked. Other wise they will just take open chat away again which personally would not like that because I have been able to tell people things that I wasn't able to before. Open chat allows us to worn people to stop using that language but still report them for saying things of that nature. I would hate to see it taken away again. They should banned those that use suggestive language from open chat that way they only punish them and everyone else can use it the way it is meant to be used. Without obscene language or suggestive language. We should be able to be in B.A.B.V. without that type of talk it should be a place that we can have fun and not worry about that behavior.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Olliewicks
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Freddyyourock12

Olliewicks is on a distinguished road
 Olliewicks is offline Status: Offline

I am affraid that I am not with you! In bearville I work very closely with the cybear guide team and before me and other members of cybear guides report these guilty members we must take into account why they are saying it. Certain words can be said by trying to deffend yourself instead of reporting as once you have reported that player may be banned from bearville! I know somone who I reported way back and I was informed that he was banned and all I saw him doing was saying an innapropriate word, it turned out that he was deffending himself. So please take in account why they could be using this language it could be because that is what they are brought up with or in some cases it could simply be due to pure unkindness! As a bear guide I am hoping to start a new feature to bearville where you can post messages to maxine if you have seen bad behaviour and then Maxine will deal with this person and find out why exactly is this happening, instead of just reporting leaving that player automatically removed without anything being taken into account. So please think and don't just report
Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
JulieAngel266
Polar Bear
BABV Name: JulieAngel266

JulieAngel266 is on a distinguished road
 JulieAngel266 is offline Status: Offline

Yes, I do agree with you, babv citizens should ignore the rude.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 PM
MelanieJuly16
Trading Teddy

MelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud ofMelanieJuly16 has much to be proud of
 MelanieJuly16 is offline Status: Offline

I usually don't say anything to them I just report them without letting them know.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Olliewicks
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Freddyyourock12

Olliewicks is on a distinguished road
 Olliewicks is offline Status: Offline

Thank you very much! Please go and visit the pawty secction and see my page that is called the grand opening of the mystery building, please read all of it and reply I would be more than greatful!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT