BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2015, 03:50 PM
GraceAdventureBear64
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RIP GraceAdventureBear64

GraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the rough
 GraceAdventureBear64 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
Does anyone remember the OLD Buildabearville that they unfortunately took offline years ago? The one where it was a game and you could make a furry friend, have him talk and everything.
No

Why was the email presented as if it's something to be excited about, like seriously? I don't understand why their closing it, I'm sure BABV made BABW a lot of money.

Last edited by GraceAdventureBear64; 03-27-2015 at 03:52 PM..
Old 03-27-2015, 04:50 PM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MelonyAutumn7
The way I see this is that they are pushing towards the younger kids and leaving the older ones (like us) out. What they don't realize is that the younger ones aren't the people who contribute the most money, its the people who are actual COLLECTORS that keeps this business upright....
I agree. The things is, kids these days are surrounded by technology and it could be argued that they're 'growing up too fast' as well (just look at the 8/9 year olds on Instagram lol). They're more likely to ask for, say, a smartphone for Christmas or their birthday than a Build-a-Bear.

If they had made actual, better improvements to Bearville or promoted it a bit more then maybe the small number of children who do still ask for bears would be interested in joining the site. If I had only heard of BABW in the last couple of years then I probably wouldn't have joined BV to be fair, or even heard of it.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:13 PM
babv rock
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Kyleboysrule

babv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nice
 babv rock is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FayeTeddyBear
I agree. The things is, kids these days are surrounded by technology and it could be argued that they're 'growing up too fast' as well (just look at the 8/9 year olds on Instagram lol). They're more likely to ask for, say, a smartphone for Christmas or their birthday than a Build-a-Bear.

If they had made actual, better improvements to Bearville or promoted it a bit more then maybe the small number of children who do still ask for bears would be interested in joining the site. If I had only heard of BABW in the last couple of years then I probably wouldn't have joined BV to be fair, or even heard of it.
Well, I guess that is why BAB will tear down bearville for people to play their games, the games that were worse 7 years ago. To be honest, kids these days are surrounded by influences that are not generally bad, but could make the future worse, I even remember the times when snake is the only game on a phone, or Windows Xp was dominant in computers

I was one of the first people on bearville, when the old bearville was still there to promote the new one. It was nice, and then many improvements came, and then it became better. Frankly, but what Sharon wants is to tear down Maxine's hard work for 7 years.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

I don't understand how they think it'll be more popular, if anything it'll get worse.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:46 AM
babv rock
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Kyleboysrule

babv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nice
 babv rock is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
Does anyone remember the OLD Buildabearville that they unfortunately took offline years ago? The one where it was a game and you could make a furry friend, have him talk and everything.
I do, it was still better than the play website, or in other words, the cheap website that noone will play with I guess..
Old 03-28-2015, 10:32 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

We should all not play on the new site in protest.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:17 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I am sure that I will NEVER play on there.

View Post Originally Posted by Teddybeargirl
I don't understand the purpose of saying who to contact for any V.I.B. questions. Once BABV is gone, so are the V.I.B. Memberships, and that's the only answer everyone will receive, so I don't know why they're acting like the V.I.B. Memberships will still be around.
I figured it was because people whose VIB memberships go on for longer than 1st April might claim (part of their) money back? You should try that. bad enough you did not get a VIB present any longer.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:31 AM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

I'm at least going to check out Play and see how it is. Right now, it's pathetic. I probably won't play on it. -_-
Old 03-31-2015, 07:50 PM
ChantelBBallBear
Polar Bear

ChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to behold
 ChantelBBallBear is offline Status: Offline

The simple fact that there will be no accounts says a lot about this "new bearville"...
Old 03-31-2015, 08:06 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

Interestingly enough, I tried one game on the Play website yesterday. When I was finished, I was asked if I wanted to transfer BearBills to my Bearville account. weird
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, frogs rule!!!, i twas here