BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Bambooski
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AbbiSparkleBear4

Bambooski is a jewel in the roughBambooski is a jewel in the roughBambooski is a jewel in the rough
 Bambooski is offline Status: Offline
Default If BuildABear Staff saw these threads...

What do you think they would say/feel?
They would probably be like
"We understand this is sad for you..."

But do they realize how many people are so hurt by their decisions?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 AM
babv rock
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Kyleboysrule

babv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nicebabv rock is just really nice
 babv rock is offline Status: Offline

I dont know, they dont really care if you spent thousands of dollars, how many times you will bang your head on the door, or how many protests you will organize I mean, they don't care much about your feelings, or my feelings, in my opinion I think they are following the path that would give them more money, so they just got rid of bearville and replaced it with a website that is easier and cheaper to run...

Last edited by babv rock; 04-02-2015 at 08:04 AM..
Old 04-02-2015, 08:14 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

To be honest, I think BABV was just a site to collect money for them.
I don't think they even cared about what people thought about it except for the aspect of all the cash.
It would roll in the new customers and the money would keep pouring in.
Obviously, the plan went downhill for a while so they started from fresh, changing the image and everything.
Goodbye BABV. :P

No, seriously.
I just don't think they would even bat an eyelid.
As long as they're getting money, they're happy.
The new site is much cheaper to run and doesn't really require that much maintenance compared to BABV.
So, no - I don't think they really realize what they've done and how many people are upset.

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 04-02-2015 at 08:15 AM..
Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 AM
GraceAdventureBear64
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RIP GraceAdventureBear64

GraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the rough
 GraceAdventureBear64 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by HoneyBanana30
To be honest, I think BABV was just a site to collect money for them.
I don't think they even cared about what people thought about it except for the aspect of all the cash.
It would roll in the new customers and the money would keep pouring in.
I just don't think they would even bat an eyelid.
As long as they're getting money, they're happy.
I completely agree. That's why I got my first bear so that I could play with it online.

Quote:
Obviously, the plan went downhill for a while so they started from fresh, changing the image and everything.
I think it was because they didn't advertise the site enough and they didn't update it.

Quote:
]So, no - I don't think they really realize what they've done and how many people are upset.
I think they have but they just don't care.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:41 AM
BevBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BevBearHug

BevBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BevBearHug is offline Status: Offline

I think a lot of us have contacted them to let them know how we feel, and I agree - they don't care how anyone feels and are only concerned about money. But for all of the people (myself included) who will never buy a thing from Build a Bear Workshop again, I really wonder if they will end up saving anything once they calculate in the lost sales. If they lose enough sales, *that* will show them how we feel. Hit 'em in the wallet since that's all that really matters to them and the only thing they'll pay attention to.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

I do not think they would care. The employees might feel bad, but the large managers wouldn't. A large business gets more money from X than Y. They decided to close down Y (Bearville), but I don't really think they realised how the two connected. Most people who went into a BABW were on Bearville.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

They did care, but they are a business after all and have many responsibilities. They must protect their assets, business, shareholders, stores and employees. It would make sense that many people here on a forum dedicated to Bearville spent a considerable amount of money on items to enhance our experience online. However, as a company, the percentage of birth certificates brought to life online was extremely small. They tracked it by store each month and the average was usually 4-9% per store. The highest I ever saw in one month was 15%. It is a terrible business plan to cater to, and maintain expenses for such a small group, while I'm heartbroken over the decision too, I would rather see it go for the health of the company overall, than see it continue and put jobs at risk because of closing stores.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:26 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

Ah - I wasn't talking about the staff.
I don't think they have any involvement in this.
They were great. ^^
Old 04-02-2015, 09:30 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Same as Honey. I'm talking about the big bosses rather than the individual employees who made the whole experience amazing.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 AM
BevBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BevBearHug

BevBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BevBearHug is offline Status: Offline

If such a small percentage of bears were being registered in Bearville, again, they have no one to blame but themselves - as much as they want to blame guests who never got this imagined survey they claim. They didn't try to do anything to make the site work to their advantage and live to its potential. They let the site go and stopped adding new content and addressing errors. And they actually thought neglecting it would make the site sticky? They were surprised that everyone wasn't flocking to register? What they did (or didn't do) to it made it boring. What the players contributed, using the limited resources available, was fun where they could make it and they made the best of it out of love and dedication despite the neglect.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, frogs rule!!!, i twas here, watermelonphone, with a chance of potatoes