BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 02:10 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline
Unhappy Not Surprised

I'm sure employees didn't know about Bearville in the beginning. The first time that I bought a BABW animal, which was a gray cat I named Puffball, I didn't even know you could make a birth certificate! Nobody bothered to tell me. I had to go back and get it later and then put her online in Bearville. Employees never told me I could bring her to life online or anything. I bought several animals before I found out about it, and about the birth certificates you could get. I still have a couple of early animals I bought who don't have birth certificates to this day. But I wrote to BABW requesting birth certificates, I got them once I sent them pictures of the animals who needed them. Then I brought them online. But since the employees at BABW didn't know about it, it's no wonder it declined. You have to promote something to keep it alive. I would be ashamed to tell you how much money I spent on Bearville. I bought credits just to buy credits so I could get virtual items. I even bought a virtual furry friend, a magenta cat with stars on her called Rosebud. I paid for the VIB membership, too, so I could have lots of credits and bearbills. That's all lost money now. It seems to me they should have refunded people's money if they were going to close it, especially for things like virtual furry friends. I asked would they refund money for Rosebud and they said no. So there I spent that money for nothing. And I didn't need her. I had enough real furry friends. So it was ****** to buy a virtual one in the first place. Not the first time I'm out money for an online game. I lost a great deal of money on a Facebook game when they closed it, too. Very sad.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:14 PM
NathanialPatches
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NathanialPatches

NathanialPatches will become famous soon enough
 NathanialPatches is offline Status: Offline

Promotion is key to success, many young people are still into virtual gaming and it could have been more successful if that was done. I didn't even know Bearville existed until I was informed of it and shortly after I was hooked.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:22 AM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

In the end, BABW is a business, and businesses must make intelligent decisions about where to allocate their money.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:15 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline
Default Subscriptions

Well, I for one would have been glad to pay for a yearly subscription if it would have kept Bearville open. I already pay now for Pony Island to the tune of $23 per year. And I pay Foo Pets $4.99 per month to play there. If all of us had paying subscriptions to Bearville, maybe it would have been worth their while to keep it open and updated. Pity they didn't ask us first if we would pay to play instead of just closing it down. And what survery??? I never got a survey asking me what I thought of Bearville or what I wanted!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:33 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

To be honest, with Bearville closing up entirely, it decreases the chances I'll ever shop at BABW again. It's not that I don't love my furry friends, but the thing is . . . they're nice, but not that nice, if you know what I'm saying. When we bought a stuffed animal at BABW, it wasn't just the stuffed animal, it was all the experience that would come with it -- the stuffing ritual and bringing it to life online, all the joy that came with getting everything on Bearville.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Samantha♥
Polar Bear

Samantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura aboutSamantha♥ has a spectacular aura about
 Samantha♥ is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
To be honest, with Bearville closing up entirely, it decreases the chances I'll ever shop at BABW again. It's not that I don't love my furry friends, but the thing is . . . they're nice, but not that nice, if you know what I'm saying. When we bought a stuffed animal at BABW, it wasn't just the stuffed animal, it was all the experience that would come with it -- the stuffing ritual and bringing it to life online, all the joy that came with getting everything on Bearville.
I agree with you Molly, I'm going to miss the aspect of entering the bear online. Several weeks ago, I did get Olaf at BABW, but I didn't go for the birth certificate as I knew that Bearville was going to close soon and now it has. I think I may buy bears there if they have a special one, but probably not.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:08 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer

Totally agree. I am also still mad that they lied to us (by telling us they would keep bearville open as long as they have great customers like us) and said it was our own fault, due to a poll that never took place etc. Lying to children is NOT the way to treat customers.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:09 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

I don't like the way they pretended they did a survey. They didn't! It's blatant lying and is actually quite insulting the more I think about it.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NeonSmiley : )
I don't like the way they pretended they did a survey. They didn't! It's blatant lying and is actually quite insulting the more I think about it.
You're right, it is. Those liars!
Old 04-06-2015, 02:11 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by VanessaMay18
You're right, it is. Those liars!
It's insulting that they think we are that silly we will believe an obvious lie.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, frogs rule!!!, i twas here, watermelonphone, with a chance of potatoes