BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:44 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Build bears not baes

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline
Default 4 Year Anniversary of BABV Closing

Time flies fast y'all

Use this thread to reminiscence about Bearville's closing, or about your favourite memories of Bearville!

Obviously in relation to Bearville's closing, what I remember the most is the party we had here on BI and how the MCT was exploding for once. It was really fun and I'm glad I got to celebrate the end of an era in such a memorable way. Going around Bearville and to each other's condos and saying the most random things was a good laugh and a satisfying way to say goodbye.

In regards to Bearville itself, since I joined in 2007 I have a lot of memories, but the time from 2007-2010 was definitely when I played the most and when I have the most memories from. I remember the first Halloween party in the barn, the opening of the Chloe Show, the contest to decorate Maxine's condo, the Corbin Bleu beach party thing, the cave before it was a silly dog park (I would like to note that I originally wrote "stoopid" and it bleeped it out and that's so amusing)...all of these are classic Bearville for me.

Oh, and I remember how every morning before school I would come on BI and make a "Looking Fur Special Guests" daily thread where we would all try to track down Maxine and Chloe Rocks to get their monthly gifts. The few times I found them was the most exciting thing for me. It made my week.

Last edited by VanessaMay18; 03-31-2019 at 10:45 AM..
Old 03-31-2019, 11:02 AM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CarsonSweet

CarsonSweet is a jewel in the roughCarsonSweet is a jewel in the roughCarsonSweet is a jewel in the rough
 CarsonSweet is offline Status: Offline

I don't know if I can pinpoint any memories exactly; they're all sort of scattered and vague. I can remember places I went and what the avatars of my friends look like, and I can remember what we roleplayed, but now that I'm older those memories, while fond, are not as vivid as they used to be.

There's still one friend whose account name and Neopets account I still remember, but from their last update, they must be in college, and I feel sad for not catching up with them. I just remember the last time I saw them on BV, way before it closed. We were at the Bee Salon and I met up with them because they had logged on for the first time in the while. And they hadn't seen my avatar in a while and said, "You changed" in regards to the blue hair and different sense of style I had now. And I said, "You too" and kind of didn't talk to them after that, just watched as they went to BABW to trade stuff.

And that's just weird in itself, how that goodbye seemed to foreshadow the rest of goodbyes that were to come. Or the lack of goodbyes; how all my friends stopped playing and never left closure, and how even though I've become friends with you guys here, I never met you on BV.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:41 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

what can be recovered?

if we started to ask for them to put back up one player baseball and bowling, do you think they would?

if we asked for a better play selection?

worlize would allow us to see each other on bv backgrounds, and if you put the same furniture and avatars ...
Old 04-22-2019, 12:29 AM
CarsonSweet
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CarsonSweet

CarsonSweet is a jewel in the roughCarsonSweet is a jewel in the roughCarsonSweet is a jewel in the rough
 CarsonSweet is offline Status: Offline

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but with my whole Twitter experiment they have insisted that they will not bring Bearville back, and that’s the only time they’ve ever even acknowledged Bearville. Either that or it’s a “Great idea! Love hearing you!” and then never going back to the topic.

At most they should acknowledge it exists in fans’ memories and such, but even when they closed it that day of they still tried so hard to be vague about it shutting down (which is kind of why I am resentful because they should’ve straight up said they were shutting it down), as if saying, “No, we don’t want to hear anything about BV.”

So basically, they don’t really take up suggestions that well.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:54 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by CarsonSweet
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but with my whole Twitter experiment they have insisted that they will not bring Bearville back, and that’s the only time they’ve ever even acknowledged Bearville. Either that or it’s a “Great idea! Love hearing you!” and then never going back to the topic.

At most they should acknowledge it exists in fans’ memories and such, but even when they closed it that day of they still tried so hard to be vague about it shutting down (which is kind of why I am resentful because they should’ve straight up said they were shutting it down), as if saying, “No, we don’t want to hear anything about BV.”

So basically, they don’t really take up suggestions that well.
they said another big announcement coming 10 may..ish regarding website.

suggestions of something they can do might help. not for all of bearville...
Old 04-23-2019, 03:22 AM
Drew
Polar Bear
BABV Name: twitter: @kaileyBTW

Drew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the rough
 Drew is offline Status: Offline

wow it's been that long, huh. I actually @'d them on twitter with a throwback photo a while back (then deleted it). it then made me go through the #buildabearville tag and there's lots of people that have played it/miss it too and I was just like, wow. I've never met someone outside of this forum that played BABV.

Always gonna remember the silly drama I got into back then sometimes. Yikers. This forum really did make the game a lot more fun for me though, as cringey as I was at like 14 years old.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:27 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I miss everything about bearville, the games, my cub condo, all my animals, and especially meeting other people there. I play on Webkinz, but it is not very interactive.
On Christmas, I missed the North pole, and soon I am going to miss the Camp Happy heart!
Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 AM
Drew
Polar Bear
BABV Name: twitter: @kaileyBTW

Drew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the rough
 Drew is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
I miss everything about bearville, the games, my cub condo, all my animals, and especially meeting other people there. I play on Webkinz, but it is not very interactive.
On Christmas, I missed the North pole, and soon I am going to miss the Camp Happy heart!
omg I miss Camp Happy Heart!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:53 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by Drew
omg I miss Camp Happy Heart!
are we having camp this July?
Old 05-14-2019, 03:53 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by CarsonSweet
off topic a little but how do you make these? they look really cool
probably a better thread to respond.

i use html to put the background then puzzle over how to add the flash.

Spoiler: show
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"><head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>FashionDistrictz-index5</title>

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin-left: -20px;
background-image: url(style/FashionDistrict[1].jpg);
margin-top: 20px;
margin-left: -20px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;

}
body, a:hover {
cursor: url(deepseadiver96.gif), url(deepseadiver96.gif), progress !important;
}

-->
</style></head>
<body bgcolor="#c4dedf">
<!--url's used in the movie-->
<div id="FlashEcard">

<div style="position:absolute; top:-3px; left:-3px; z-index:8; padding:0px;">
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="640" height="101">

<param name="movie" value="deepseadiver1523.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
<embed src="deepseadiver1523.swf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="700" height="18" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

</object>
</div>

<div style="position:absolute; top:95px; left:492px; z-index:3; padding:0px;">
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="950" height="400">

<param name="movie" value="furniture812[1]globeElectricClawBaseCrystalBall.swf"><param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="Ted_RegularNPC.swf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="555" height="777" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

</object>
</div>
<div style="position:absolute; top:80px; left:390px; z-index:2; padding:0px;">
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="480" height="101">
<param name="movie" value="furniture812[1]globeElectricClawBaseCrystalBall.swf">
<embed src="DC897DragonSitting.swf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="333" height="99" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</object>
</div>
<div style="position:absolute; top:9px; left:420px; z-index:3; padding:0px;">
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="640" height="101">
<div class="auto">@</div>
<param name="movie" value="furniture812[1]globeElectricClawBaseCrystalBall.swf">
<embed src="NPC_ZooKeeper[1].swf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="777" height="700" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</object>

</div>
<div style="position:absolute; top:-10px; left:15px; z-index:4; padding:0px;">
<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="750" height="500"><div class="auto">@</div>

<param name="movie" value="SunkenTreasureRoom[1].swf">
<embed src="FashionDistrict[1] (2).swf" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="700" height="500" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</object>
<div class="auto">@</div>
</div>
</div>
</body></html>

FashionDistrict

then change zoom and width/ht to get the characters where i want the for the gif.

works but not well. reused some of the html from an undersea room and kept the diver since it was going to be in the gif.

if i am using many flash files that i cannot view well use a puzzle babw file that allows 12 swf files to display. this is my example of that.
Click the image to open in full size.

we bought 3 animals at premium price to get the zoo privileges without ever being a V.I.P. member and collected all the zoo rides. I still like the bv zoo and feel absolutely cheated that it went away with bearville.com. i bring back what i can, very slowly. now i can feed all 8 animals, finally.

picture chimp is shark detraction.
other chimp does eat.
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT