BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2015, 11:52 PM
ZoeyTrope
Knut
BABV Name: CodySurfer3

ZoeyTrope is on a distinguished road
 ZoeyTrope is offline Status: Offline
Question What exactly was "Under The North Star?"

Longtime Build A Bear lover (since 2003!), longtime lurker of this forum, first time posting.

I, like many of you, are disappointed that Bearville will be shutting down at the end of this month. But, before the place does close its doors, I wanted to get a little bit more info on something in Bearville that I never directly experienced.

My love of BABW reached a low in late 2009, during which these "Under The North Star" webisodes were released. Due to said low, I never got to watch any (heck, I don't even know the plot) but I do know via Maxine's letter that they were pulled from the site soon afterwards due to allegations of "promoting global climate change."
BAB hasn't brought them back since, which is sad because (from what I can tell) the story is a follow-up to Holly and Hal's story, and that story I know and love very well.

So, for anyone who was a part of Bearville during that time and had watched them, what did UTNS entail? (And just a shot in the dark, is there any way I could re-watch them somehow via YouTube or otherwise?)

Just a side note, I also vaguely remember there being a matching book of the story available at the BAB store, unless I'm just confusing it with the Holly/Hal book. Was there really a book as well?
Old 03-08-2015, 05:46 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Hi there! I'm not sure myself about Under The North Star, but I'm sure some members on here will. I hope you find your answer.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:50 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

Hi! I can't remember what happens at the end, but if you look up "Under the north pole build a bear" on youtube, the videos come up. You can check it out if you have time.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:37 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

never heard of it. I will check it out, too.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:03 AM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

It was incredibly silly that they had to take 'em down. Climate change isn't a matter of debate.

From what I recall, Hal and Holly weren't really in it; instead it was about two polar bears. They went to the north pole where Santa needed help -- standard Christmas special requirement of the holiday needing to be saved, this time because the ice around the north pole was melting so there wasn't a solid runway for the sled to take off from. They built a wind-powered ice maker to form blocks to rebuild the runway, the day was saved, yay.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:27 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
It was incredibly silly that they had to take 'em down. Climate change isn't a matter of debate.

From what I recall, Hal and Holly weren't really in it; instead it was about two polar bears. They went to the north pole where Santa needed help -- standard Christmas special requirement of the holiday needing to be saved, this time because the ice around the north pole was melting so there wasn't a solid runway for the sled to take off from. They built a wind-powered ice maker to form blocks to rebuild the runway, the day was saved, yay.
Yes, it was incredibly silly that they had to take them down. BABW bowed to pressure from a small, but very vocal group of parents. The parents misconstrued the climate change message and felt that the story was telling kids that Santa and Christmas would disappear if the kids didn't do something about "global warming".
Old 03-09-2015, 02:44 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

Sorry - I have no idea! >.<
Looks like it's on YouTube, though. :3
I can't share the link, but - just search something like 'Under The North Star BABV'. ^^

I hope you can find it! ^^
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT