BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
If you decide to do so, it isn't going to be difficult at all. BABW isn't an f nyuh7rxk ro9dugwiahuaswb enormous conglomerate like Nestlé or Disney. I've technically been boycotting BABW for years (I think it was around late 2013 when I last bought anything from them), but I don't refer to it as such because even if they kept Bearville open, I had already outgrown the company's products by then (although I'd certainly play BV semi-regularly).

Just curious, though - what was your breaking point? Was it the Sultry Lion? The tweet from earlier? Or something else?

also my comp froze while i was typing this, hence the random gibberish
It was the lion
Old 02-12-2019, 12:19 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic has a spectacular aura aboutst2nic has a spectacular aura about
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
I'm actually considering boycotting Build-a-Bear now
Considering Bearville closing didn't drive me to this that's saying something
are you organizing a group boycott or just ...
Old 02-12-2019, 02:37 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
I'm actually considering boycotting Build-a-Bear now
Considering Bearville closing didn't drive me to this that's saying something
The alcoholic lion makes me want to boycott too, which is also saying a lot considering I just bought something there two months ago...

I don't know why it makes me so angry. I guess it's a combination of the fact that Build-a-Bear literally defined my childhood since the age of 7, and the fact that I'm training to work with kids now. BABW, both the store itself and their website which I used to spend hours browsing as a kid, was always such a safe, child-friendly space and this really feels like such a breech of that. And the company is probably like "lol it's just a plush bottle of alcohol and a few photos" but it represents more than that to me, it just goes against what BABW is supposed to be....

Last edited by VanessaMay18; 02-12-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 04:02 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

the lion is pretending -

the hugs ambassador is on amazon trailer pushing "chemical" culture now legal according to some states...

though some employers would not agree...
Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

i don't think the lion is going to make kids automatically think "drinking is cool" but i do feel that it's oddly suggestive for a kids' retailer
i think this is going to be the first of many bizarre advertising campaigns for BABW. they're going to do some weird things in hopes that the general public will forget all about the pay your age fiasco.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

walmart had many furries available for purchase, though did not notice any bab at ours.

bought some slippers on clearance, the bab ones were not easy to find. disney ones on clearance in place babw ones had been.

did not end up getting the panda slippers that i had wanted since came out on bearville. they were only in too small a size.

chewie and unicorns (slippers) for gifts. buying competitors' goods even in store that had some babw items of same type earlier.

chemical additions - not cool.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone should create some more game threads tbh
Old 02-14-2019, 12:31 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear

7. Expect Head Count: Request cannot be processed without a maximum headcount. Please check maximum room capacity by viewing room information in Bearville.

Bearville User Guide How to Schedule an Event Page 2 of 4

guess how to schedule...

is that including avatars and furry friends?
Old 02-16-2019, 02:46 AM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

no more love lion for another year guys
Old 02-16-2019, 03:26 AM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
no more love lion for another year guys
Oh thank goodness
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
bearz ii men, frogs rule!!!, frollo is gaston, metaltubesfullofgunpowder, potoooooooo, savage huggin, the=doomsday, troller spam rhapsody