BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > CyBearGuides

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 PM
bonedancegirl2000
Polar Bear
BABV Name: brynn2hip23

bonedancegirl2000 is on a distinguished road
 bonedancegirl2000 is offline Status: Offline
Exclamation A BIG question for Cybearguides

Okay, So i have a Friend, (she doesnt have an account on here) and she is saying she has gotten hacked. My friend suggested she should send an e-mail to Maxine. But I said, Well I don't know, They might not be able to do anything about it.
SO-- i was wondering, before my friend emails Maxine about this, What would you be able to do if a person got hacked?

1.Would you be able to get their stuff back? Or some of their stuff back?
2.Would the person perhaps need to make a new account and start all over?
3.IS there much you can do if a person gets hacked?
4. What are some things you could do to help the person if they get hacked?? OR is there anything??
5.Should my friend email maxine about this? If you said no, Then what should we do?

Please answer these questions as soon as possible!!
Thanks so much,
bonedancegirl2000
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

bettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond repute
 bettybeach13 is offline Status: Offline

She should email vwhelp@builabear.com.If she emails them she will get them back.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 PM
kaykayc911
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: mrs. styles

kaykayc911 will become famous soon enoughkaykayc911 will become famous soon enough
 kaykayc911 is offline Status: Offline

1.Would you be able to get their stuff back? Or some of their stuff back? Yes.
2.Would the person perhaps need to make a new account and start all over? No...
3.IS there much you can do if a person gets hacked? well, not really. all you have to do is email vwhelp or maxine.
4. What are some things you could do to help the person if they get hacked?? OR is there anything?? well just tell them exactly what to do.
5.Should my friend email maxine about this? If you said no, Then what should we do? YES!!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 PM
AngelBlossom
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SunnyPhotoBear

AngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant futureAngelBlossom has a brilliant future
 AngelBlossom is offline Status: Offline

email, maxine. I agree witth kaykayc(:
Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 PM
bonedancegirl2000
Polar Bear

What about vwhelp@builabear.com ? Would that work if my friend sent an email tothem?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:49 PM
mickeyquack
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: michelleoctobear15

mickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond repute
 mickeyquack is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by bonedancegirl2000
What about vwhelp@builabear.com ? Would that work if my friend sent an email tothem?
Yes your friend should send an email to that address. Maxine would only forward their email there anyway. Your friend would have to give as much information as possible as to what is missing, and when/where the items were last seen. vwhelp@buildabear.com can check your friends account. In the meantime I would tell them to change their password to something hard to guess. (I would have them put numbers and/or symbols in it as well.)
Old 12-23-2010, 10:34 AM
JoeCyBearGuide
BABV CyBearGuide
BABV Name: JoeCyBearGuide

JoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant future
 JoeCyBearGuide is offline Status: Offline

Quote:
Okay, So i have a Friend, (she doesnt have an account on here) and she is saying she has gotten hacked. My friend suggested she should send an e-mail to Maxine. But I said, Well I don't know, They might not be able to do anything about it.

I'm beary sorry to hear that. But lets not assume that someone hacked her account since we have no proof yet

Quote:
1.Would you be able to get their stuff back? Or some of their stuff back?

The Bear Patrol will have to investigate your friend's account first. If it really shows that someone hacked your friend's account, then they will recover all the items that the hacker took

Quote:
2.Would the person perhaps need to make a new account and start all over?

Well not really

Quote:
3.IS there much you can do if a person gets hacked?

Like I said, our Bear Patrol will have to check her account first.

Quote:
4. What are some things you could do to help the person if they get hacked?? OR is there anything??

First, please advise your friend to change her password regularly. Second, she should send an email to vwpatrol@buildabear.com with the following information:

Username:
Items missing: (Remembear to include a detailed description of each item)
Date when you last saw your item:
Date when you found out your items were missing:
Did you trade these items? If yes, with whom?
Where do you usually play Build-A-Bearville? (library/home/school/etc)

Quote:
5.Should my friend email maxine about this? If you said no, Then what should we do?
You should only email Maxine for suggestions Please advice your friend to send an email to vwpatrol@buildabear.com since this is a hack report.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 AM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

Maxine's e-mail is for suggestions for BABW/BABV, not for in game problems/glitches/inquiries. E-mail vwhelp@buildabear.com. Make sure your friend includes her BABV ID (name). Hope she gets her stuff back. (:
Old 12-23-2010, 10:57 AM
bonedancegirl2000
Polar Bear

Thanks so much guys!! I appreciated all of the details!! Thanks!! Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 AM
JoeCyBearGuide
BABV CyBearGuide
BABV Name: JoeCyBearGuide

JoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant future
 JoeCyBearGuide is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by bonedancegirl2000
Thanks so much guys!! I appreciated all of the details!! Thanks!! Happy Holidays!!
You're beary welcome Happy Holidays!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT