BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Irocker1021
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alexrocker1021

Irocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the rough
 Irocker1021 is offline Status: Offline

Bearville was one of my favorite games, I still have some profiles on other sites as AlexRocker1021. :') I'm definitely going to miss it, even though I don't play anymore.
I think I'm going log on one more time to change Alex's hair and outfit back to how it was when I created her. ♥
Old 01-20-2015, 10:41 PM
katlyn4leafclover73
Polar Bear
BABV Name: katlyn4leafclover73

katlyn4leafclover73 will become famous soon enough
 katlyn4leafclover73 is offline Status: Offline

i woke up to sound of my phone going off, it was an email, from BABW, i sat there in shock for 20 something minutes than i started crying my eyes out, i spent most the day in bed, the only thing that could stop the crying and bad feelings were yoga and my cat
Old 01-21-2015, 02:40 AM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

Also saw the email right away today.

Its the saddest notice, but I am thankful that I got to cross a lot of things off my list of accomplishments I wanted in Bearville.
Atleast we know exactly how much time we have left to enjoy bearville and all the fun it brought us over the years.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:55 AM
Kirby
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KirbyBearySmart

Kirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the roughKirby is a jewel in the rough
 Kirby is offline Status: Offline

I agree! It's so much better to know ahead of time. I can't imagine those who are away for these months and find out when it's too late to take a last look!

Do we know what was in the zoo (per the e-mail)? Maybe I can get a VIB. I know I have an unused 5 credit card somewhere. Was the $15 card VIB? or could you get one month with the $5? No info on the site anymore.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:04 AM
HypatiaPawBear
Knut
BABV Name: GeorgiaAdorable1181

HypatiaPawBear is on a distinguished road
 HypatiaPawBear is offline Status: Offline

I only found BV 6 months ago, with my friend, & have been on every day since! Tho' it was obvious from comments things wern't what they used to be, but it was still fantastic - pawsome! - we made a lot of progress with badges, gardening etc - So, we're GUTTED.
- I was just about to buy another VIB! We bought toys at BuildaBear because of the online connection, so they'll lose £$ from that angle. Can't believe all my BBs & furry friends'll just go! & my online friends! - After the email of doom, I kind've wish they'd just shut it completely; I don't want to go on now knowing it's all gone in 3 months, but it also makes me really sad.
Not good
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I agree, it is better to know now that trying to log on and then see it's gone (like I had several times before, when the log on button was missing and I thought they shut down bearville without tellings us).

So at least I have time to bring my other furry friends to life that I was saving for a rainy day, and to take a lot of screenshots.

What I still don't get is that they say bearville is too expensive, but then they spend lots of money on a new branding, on a new shop concept and on other (mobile) games - why? Thereby, they don't save money, they just spend it elsewhere. They could've run bearville with that, and properly, with updates and everything...

And I still don't know what they were talking about in the e-mail about the rare stuff - they took away the rare stuff right after Christmas and when I had another look today, there is hardly anything to buy, they did NOT bring it back.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:03 PM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Kirby
I agree! It's so much better to know ahead of time. I can't imagine those who are away for these months and find out when it's too late to take a last look!

Do we know what was in the zoo (per the e-mail)? Maybe I can get a VIB. I know I have an unused 5 credit card somewhere. Was the $15 card VIB? or could you get one month with the $5? No info on the site anymore.
I can't find anything at the zoo?
Does anyone else know about that?
Old 01-21-2015, 01:48 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold

No idea, and the rare items are not there either.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:54 PM
BevBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BevBearHug

BevBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BevBearHug is offline Status: Offline

I just received a reply to my email regarding this and I was directed to the lame new play area on the site as a preview of what we can expect. And they repeated the line about 'based on guest feedback' and I told them that I don't know anyone who was asked for feedback and that they should stop blaming their customers and players for their decision. I will miss all the things I worked for in Bearville, but there are, thankfully, other game sites, and, thankfully, other companies that sell teddy bears. :/
Old 01-21-2015, 02:01 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear

You are so right, the new play area is indeed lame, and the big differec eis that there are just single games, while bearville meant a whole LIFE that we built up.
And I really don't know what they mean about "based on guest feedback", nobody has asked us!?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, cyrus loves you, frogs are sad, frogs rule!!!, i twas here, rip bearville, this is the end