BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

Nicholle, how horrible. That is so sad for you. Turns a fun, exciting experience into a horror knowing it might be a stolen item. I'm so glad they were helpful for you.

Alyssa, your experience will depend on your store and the people working there. Some of us have taken the animals in and gotten a tag to make a new certificate, with no problem. Others have taken in birth certificates to rebirth old animals and had no problem.

Then there have been others who have taken the actually animal in and were told that it is not BABW's policy to do that and they only got a Welcome Pass. Of course, with the welcome pass, you bring an animal online but you do not get wallpaper or gifts
Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 PM
reeceultracool2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: reeceultracool2

reeceultracool2 has disabled reputation
 reeceultracool2 is offline Status: Offline
Thumbs up Very old bear

View Post Originally Posted by AlyssaLuv2Read9
I have a question... Does the rebirthing work on the very old BABs? Like, the first ever ones at the store when it opened? I remember going and stuffing a bear back then and I'd love to put her on my BABV account.
I bought my first bear in 1997 (the day my BABW opened up) and they gave a choice back then to make a certificate or a story about the bear...we chose the story and we still have it. So, when I brought in the bear I told them this and I had NO Trouble making a certificate for my bear....I even used the original birth date way back in 1997....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
AlyssaLuv2Read9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Alyssaluv2read9 and 3 others

AlyssaLuv2Read9 is on a distinguished road
 AlyssaLuv2Read9 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by reeceultracool2
I bought my first bear in 1997 (the day my BABW opened up) and they gave a choice back then to make a certificate or a story about the bear...we chose the story and we still have it. So, when I brought in the bear I told them this and I had NO Trouble making a certificate for my bear....I even used the original birth date way back in 1997....
Pawsome! Thank you!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 PM
AlyssaLuv2Read9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Alyssaluv2read9 and 3 others

AlyssaLuv2Read9 is on a distinguished road
 AlyssaLuv2Read9 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by JessBearHug
Nicholle, how horrible. That is so sad for you. Turns a fun, exciting experience into a horror knowing it might be a stolen item. I'm so glad they were helpful for you.

Alyssa, your experience will depend on your store and the people working there. Some of us have taken the animals in and gotten a tag to make a new certificate, with no problem. Others have taken in birth certificates to rebirth old animals and had no problem.

Then there have been others who have taken the actually animal in and were told that it is not BABW's policy to do that and they only got a Welcome Pass. Of course, with the welcome pass, you bring an animal online but you do not get wallpaper or gifts

Thank you as well! I do know one of the people there pretty well and maybe she could help me.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
AmieVerySweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AmieVerySweet

AmieVerySweet is on a distinguished road
 AmieVerySweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FaithBalletBear5
Maybe it was just a glitch. I would call the store and ask about it. (of course not right now though it is 12:39! Why am I still on here! )

Thank you for your advice Faith and Princessbunny. I did call the toll free number to see if they had an answer and they told me to call the store. The employees told me that they were having a problem with their printer and that it was still down today. They told me to bring them back in the next time we were in the area and then they would reprint them. I am so thankful for this blog. Without everyones helpful suggestions I would have never gotten everything figured out.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:07 PM
AmieVerySweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AmieVerySweet

AmieVerySweet is on a distinguished road
 AmieVerySweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by nicholeballerina12
AimeVerySweet:

If you can go to another BABW try going and ask again to make certificates, because where I live, they were very nice and sweet and they gave me 4 bar codes to make 4 birth certificates for 4 old furry friends. They didn't even ask questions.
Thanks to you too Nicholeballerina. I called the store and it was a printer problem. I am so glad I posted about this and am grateful for everyones advice.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:32 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear
BABV Name: nicholeballerina12

nicholeballerina12 is on a distinguished road
 nicholeballerina12 is offline Status: Offline

Glad I could help out.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
KatePlayful1
Sage Bear
BABV Name: KatePlayful1(Bear Builder)

KatePlayful1 is a jewel in the roughKatePlayful1 is a jewel in the roughKatePlayful1 is a jewel in the rough
 KatePlayful1 is offline Status: Offline
Default I don't remeber where i read it

I heard Not all of the old furry friends are on buildabearville
Old 06-10-2008, 04:22 PM
reeceultracool2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: reeceultracool2

reeceultracool2 has disabled reputation
 reeceultracool2 is offline Status: Offline
Wink

View Post Originally Posted by KatePlayful1
I heard Not all of the old furry friends are on buildabearville
Very true...the original curly bunny is not online as an animal you can choose but it is still an old one...
Old 06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
pixarmc
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MillieDiva10

pixarmc is on a distinguished road
 pixarmc is offline Status: Offline

If you have the old certificate, not a receipt, will they give you a new one?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT