BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Sarah
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahBearish

Sarah is on a distinguished road
 Sarah is offline Status: Offline

this "copying" thing has gotten a bit annoying especially when people copy cyberguides(think of newbies that start playing it and the people that copied the cybearguide could fool and maybe even scam them)
Old 06-10-2008, 11:17 AM
MiaBeachBear13
Banned
BABV Name: MiaBeachBear13 / Super Bear /

MiaBeachBear13 is on a distinguished road
 MiaBeachBear13 is offline Status: Offline
Angry Fake CyBearGuides/ copy'in

Some people are copy'in cybearguides! And other people are just copy'in.Some girl came right next to me and she copyed my look.I was on last night and there were people copy'in IzzyFluffed.But the other girls said they were having a match party.ughh...they just got out of being in big trouble!!! I am guessing! I asked IzzyFluffed if she liked it but she said sure.Wich means she might not.But didn't want to get the girls in trouble.The copy'in needs to come to a STOP!!!!!
P.S. Join my social cheer and football team the Precious Pandas!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:20 AM
LindaFriendly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LindaFriendly

LindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of light
 LindaFriendly is offline Status: Offline

The people who were copying IzzyFluffed actually had that stuff in their inventory.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
CandyClouds
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CandyClouds

CandyClouds is on a distinguished road
 CandyClouds is offline Status: Offline

Oh yes, I have definitely heard about this. One girl copied my in my Cub Condo once. She was really nice and all, but she was very mysterious. I think the people that do this are not children. They must be adults. I doubt kids know how to hack like that. I had to delete her from my friends list.

The day after the incident happened, I went over to my local Build-a-Bear Workshop and told the staff about what happened. She said that they were having problems with that, and that I wasn't the first one to complain about it. She gave me a number to call, and I still have to call them sometime later today. I also sent an online report. This is the actual e-mail.

[COLOR="Purple"]"Hi there!

Thanks fur asking!

We are aware of the issue and are currently working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Build-A-Bearville is a work in progress and your feedback is pawsitively important and greatly appreciated! Please stay tuned for future developments in Build-A-Bearville.

If you're having trouble and need a helping paw click on the Help button. The Frequently Asked Questions section should contain the answer to your question. If you need further assistance, please send an email to vwhelp@buildabear.com

Have a Bearrific day!

Bear Hugs,
From your CyBear Pal

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-13-2008 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: please do not post personal email addresses. Faith
Old 06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
reeceultracool2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: reeceultracool2

reeceultracool2 has disabled reputation
 reeceultracool2 is offline Status: Offline
Angry Wrong

View Post Originally Posted by MiaBeachBear13
Some people are copy'in cybearguides! And other people are just copy'in.Some girl came right next to me and she copyed my look.I was on last night and there were people copy'in IzzyFluffed.But the other girls said they were having a match party.ughh...they just got out of being in big trouble!!! I am guessing! I asked IzzyFluffed if she liked it but she said sure.Wich means she might not.But didn't want to get the girls in trouble.The copy'in needs to come to a STOP!!!!!
P.S. Join my social cheer and football team the Precious Pandas!!!
Those of us that are friends with Fluff know that each one of us is completely opposed to copying and that when we get together and wear the same clothing we are NOT, I repeat, NOT COPYING each other. When the other moms said they were matching her that is exactly what they were doing. To guess is just that...a guess. You were wrong in this case and when someone reports this they might think to check the potential 'copier's' inventory before going off and making a scene for nothing.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:51 PM
CandyClouds
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CandyClouds

CandyClouds is on a distinguished road
 CandyClouds is offline Status: Offline
Exclamation I was cloned - AGAIN!

Today I was hanging out Build-a-Bear Ville with a friend - or at least I thought she was my friend. She completely used a hack to copy me! Eyes, hair clothing, and even my Furry Friend! I asked her why she did that and you know how she replied
"Cause its fun"

And I told her that it is not fun. I told her that it was against the rules and that I would have to report her, so she quickly ran off! Here is a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM
kitten1462
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: FrancescaBearPaw1

kitten1462 is on a distinguished road
 kitten1462 is offline Status: Offline
Default No way!

That is so mean! I would get SOO mad if someone copied me Did you report her?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:12 PM
victoriabearpal3
Sage Bear
BABV Name: VictoriaBearPal3 =]

victoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the roughvictoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the roughvictoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the roughvictoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the rough
 victoriabearpal3 is offline Status: Offline

how do people do that i would never do that at all
Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Freya
Founder
BABV Name: FreyaFullofHugs

Freya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the rough
 Freya is offline Status: Offline

That happened to me once when I was in the park on my son's account - it really upset me, I guess because it was my kid's account who I always imagine is my kid walking around who could never be copied and we were so proud of his cool clothes and dino.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 PM
kitten1462
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: FrancescaBearPaw1

kitten1462 is on a distinguished road
 kitten1462 is offline Status: Offline

That's horrible, freya! Did you report them? You should!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT