BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Cutie411
Sage Bear
BABV Name: Call me Cristina[x No H[;

Cutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond repute
 Cutie411 is offline Status: Offline
Default How to make a dotted line animation- GIMP

How to make a dotted line animation using GIMP :]

Your animation will end up looking some-what like this:

Click the image to open in full size.
:]

Step 1:
Well once you've opened up GIMP, open up your picture. :]
So go to File>Open> & then choose the picture.

Step 2:
If you add any text or other details, I suggest you do it now.
If not, then just skip this step(;
Note: If you did add any text or anything else, FLATTEN your image.
If not, then don't do anything about it.

Step 3:
Now that you've done that, make a new layer(the paper icon in the right).
Next click the pencil icon located on the tools section to the left.
Go to where it says scale(located at the bottom) & make it .10

Step 4:
Now make 3 dots, which will be your starting point.
Example: ...
xD
I suggest you zoom in 3-4 times since your icon is small & so will the dots.
This is the first layer.

Step 5:
Create another new layer.
Now make 3 more dots, except when you make the first 2, make them on the last 2 of the first layer. The 3rd dot will not be overlapping any other dot.
Yeah that's confusing so here is a pic:
The only difference between the picture above& final result is that you're overlapping them(in the final result) whereas the picture above you're not overlapping. I'm just showing you how they're going to be.

Step 6: Repeat step 5 as many times as desired. The more times you repeat it, the longer the line will be and the better the effect.

Step 7: When you're finished with adding dots, go to Filters>Animation>Blend
When a box pops up, make sure the top box is 3 & the bottom 0.
I guess you can change it however you'd like but I make it 3 & 0. :]

Step 8: Do the playback & check to see if it's ok.
Then go to File>Save
*Make sure to save it as an animation(;

There ya go!
Feel free to post results & ask any questions! :]
Old 11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
ValentinaHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Time to move on

ValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud of
 ValentinaHug is offline Status: Offline

Great guide!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

bettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond repute
 bettybeach13 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for making this guide!Rep point.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Cutie411
Sage Bear

Cutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys :]
Np x]
Let me know if you guys have any questions. :P
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
SChickie1
Banned
BABV Name: Susan

SChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud ofSChickie1 has much to be proud of
 SChickie1 is offline Status: Offline

Old 11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
brigster125
Trading Teddy

brigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond reputebrigster125 has a reputation beyond repute
 brigster125 is offline Status: Offline

Awesome guide! I'll try it as soon as I feel like doing something. I'm too lazy to get on gimp now. xD
@SChickie1: Yours looks great! [:
Old 11-28-2010, 07:40 PM
D<3BABV
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DanielaNovembear6

D<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond reputeD<3BABV has a reputation beyond repute
 D<3BABV is offline Status: Offline

Great guide! I made a new avvie with it, but I made the dots too small. I'll do it again. Rep!

EDIT: I like this one more.

Last edited by D<3BABV; 11-28-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Cutie411
Sage Bear

Susan- Awesome! 8D

Daniela- Very cool

Thanks guys :]
BriannaHoneyDay
Polar Bear

BriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to behold
 BriannaHoneyDay is offline Status: Offline

Pawsome guide!
Btw, rep. [ :
princessgirlcool
Sage Bear

princessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond repute
 princessgirlcool is offline Status: Offline

Great guide! 8D
I wish I could give you rep, but it won't let me! SUCH A SHAME! D:
xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
alisaneenjuhwuzhere, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, carley, christina(:, colleen♥, cubby [:, hanner nanner(:, laura<3, legit♥, myra hearts ♥, sunnistylish was here :), tomato juice!