BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2011, 07:56 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline
Default I don't really find it fair...

In the Coffee House a few days ago there was a thread, i can't remember the thread, or even what it was about, however, i remember saying something about it not being fair that we can't say whether we are in elementary/middle/high school, but people are allowed to have the year they were born in their username.
If someone has 1997 in their username, you know that they are either 13 or 14, and if you know their birthday, then you know their exact age. So by having that in your username, you're giving an age range of 2 year, or you're giving your exact age if you've said your birthday on here. But if i were to say what type of school i go to, i'd be giving an age range of 7 years for elementary, 3 years for middle school, and 4 years for high school. IMO giving out the type of school we go to is safer than having the year we were in our usernames because it gives a wider age range.
The main point of this thread is for me to say that i don't think that people should be allowed to have the year they were born in their username if we can't even give out info like what type of school we go to. I mean, why should someone be allowed to pretty much they that they are 13/14, when i can't even say that i'm in elementary school? (i'm not really, i'm just using it as an example) Maybe if someone has a year like that in thier username already the admins could edit it out or something?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute
 GabbyGirl88 is offline Status: Offline

It totally is not fair. I strongly agree.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

Agreed.
Great idea.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

I agree with you.
But it's not always their actual birth year. It could just be random numbers (that's usually not the case, though).
Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I agree with you.
But it's not always their actual birth year. It could just be random numbers (that's usually not the case, though).
I know that sometimes it just random numbers. Like in my username i have 663, the numbers don't really have any significance, they were just part of another username i had for a different website when i made this account, so i used it here. But if you see something like 1999, 98, 1993, or 96, chances are that those numbers are there because that was the year the person was born.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Snewdles
Trading Teddy

Snewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond repute
 Snewdles is offline Status: Offline

I knew a few people that had their names changed due to it.

I think when you register for BI there should be a setting where it won't let you put in the '95' anywhere in the username if you registered with that age.
its possible though it could be in someones babv username ... ex... SarahSeaShell95 or something like that so im not sure what they can do to stop people putting in those years.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:26 PM
AngelAllHeart1556
Banned
BABV Name: βℓαcκʝαcκ ♥

AngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelAllHeart1556 has a reputation beyond repute
 AngelAllHeart1556 is offline Status: Offline

I agree with you sorta.

But i dont like the idea of people like saying there school grades.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

I think thats a good idea.
Usually you have the option to enter the year you were born in when you sign up, so if you put like 1995 it shouldn't let you put 95 in your username. Or if they can't do that, i think theres a filter in place to prevent people from having bad words in their usernames, so maybe they could add 199x (because most people on here were probably born in the 90s) to the filter so that people don't put that in their usernames.

View Post Originally Posted by AngelAllHeart1556
I agree with you sorta.

But i dont like the idea of people like saying there school grades.
I basically just put school level on there because i needed something to compare it to, however, i think that we should be able to say school level on here, but the staff probably wont agree with me on that.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

Yeah, That's an even better idea (:
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

Id like to say school level, but we wont be able to. The response will be 'just one more bit of unneccesary info'
There are so many sites out there, I know how old my close friends are on here and I can guess the others based on their posts...DCTs show maturity level. Haha
There have been several name changes due to that...and I do think the others should have to change unless its their babv number. I dont find it fair that they get to show age and not us. :P

**posted from itouch
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT