BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
coolierachel
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RachelAwesome254

coolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nice
 coolierachel is offline Status: Offline

One question, xD
so we can still keep giving rep to other people but what if
for example this happens ::

You give rep to someone.
Person- Thank you for the rep!

What should you say?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Serenawishes
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Acemarch9, Paw Fur Help Leader

Serenawishes will become famous soon enough
 Serenawishes is offline Status: Offline

I agree
I haven't been on in a LOOONG time, but when I was on everyone would be talking about reps alot =]
Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 AM
summersurf57
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SummerSurf57

summersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud of
 summersurf57 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks, that seems fair. However, I got referred here for a problem of mine... I keep trying to give rep, and... Look, I will give an example.

Ok in one case, I was trying to give rep to RainRibbon. I hadnt given her any for 4 months, yet it told me i had to spread it around.... Why?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
BrendanBear110
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Doesn't Matter Anymore :(

BrendanBear110 is a glorious beacon of lightBrendanBear110 is a glorious beacon of lightBrendanBear110 is a glorious beacon of lightBrendanBear110 is a glorious beacon of lightBrendanBear110 is a glorious beacon of light
 BrendanBear110 is offline Status: Offline

I totally agree
Someone gave me a rep saying
Quote:
You have brendan in ur name xD
I also agree no one should put like

"100 reps till my _ Box" cause people might give them reps saying
Quote:
For your goal just beacuse

[:
Old 01-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Annabelpaw1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AnnabelPaw1

Annabelpaw1 will become famous soon enoughAnnabelpaw1 will become famous soon enough
 Annabelpaw1 is offline Status: Offline

Why do people rep for fun anyways and doing it for fun is not smart its for hepfull people so they can rank to TT or SB
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by coolierachel
One question, xD
so we can still keep giving rep to other people but what if
for example this happens ::

You give rep to someone.
Person- Thank you for the rep!

What should you say?
Nothing at all. The less of a deal we ALL make of it...the better.

View Post Originally Posted by summersurf57
Thanks, that seems fair. However, I got referred here for a problem of mine... I keep trying to give rep, and... Look, I will give an example.

Ok in one case, I was trying to give rep to RainRibbon. I hadnt given her any for 4 months, yet it told me i had to spread it around.... Why?
You may have not given it to her for awhile but you may have given a lot to her already. It just wants you to give it to others...and on other threads as well. Its the systems way of preventing best friends from constantly repping each other.

View Post Originally Posted by BrendanBear110
I also agree no one should put like[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006400]"100 reps till my _ Box" cause people might give them reps saying
Quote:
For your goal just beacuse
Exactly. Some people MIGHT have the best of intentions...but others...maybe not. Putting that out there is like bait. It just screams attention.

View Post Originally Posted by Annabelpaw1
Why do people rep for fun anyways and doing it for fun is not smart its for hepfull people so they can rank to TT or SB
Actually, random rep (or rep for the fun of it) is NOT allowed. You're supposed to give rep for GOOD reasons. Honestly, we (the staff) are pretty tied up with a lot of stuff on this forum we dont have time to go around policing rep. Thats one of the reasons for this thread. We want to end all discussions, posts, etc about it so we have to deal with it less. But if we had time, we'd be policing rep and making sure no one is giving it away randomly. We can disable people's ability to give it out and receive it. We dont want it to come to that so we're trying to head it off at the pass if you will.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
coolierachel
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RachelAwesome254

coolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nicecoolierachel is just really nice
 coolierachel is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
Nothing at all. The less of a deal we ALL make of it...the better.

You may have not given it to her for awhile but you may have given a lot to her already. It just wants you to give it to others...and on other threads as well. Its the systems way of preventing best friends from constantly repping each other.

Exactly. Some people MIGHT have the best of intentions...but others...maybe not. Putting that out there is like bait. It just screams attention.

Actually, random rep (or rep for the fun of it) is NOT allowed. You're supposed to give rep for GOOD reasons. Honestly, we (the staff) are pretty tied up with a lot of stuff on this forum we dont have time to go around policing rep. Thats one of the reasons for this thread. We want to end all discussions, posts, etc about it so we have to deal with it less. But if we had time, we'd be policing rep and making sure no one is giving it away randomly. We can disable people's ability to give it out and receive it. We dont want it to come to that so we're trying to head it off at the pass if you will.

That's what I thought, good to know!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks a lot. I had NO IDEA that you couldn't say anything about ... you know. Even though I have no idea why you can't talk about it. Thanks anyway ma'am.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM
starfurbulouspal
Trading Teddy

starfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud ofstarfurbulouspal has much to be proud of
 starfurbulouspal is offline Status: Offline

That was very helpful. Never mind. I understand now
Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Caroline4LeafClover465
Trading Teddy

Caroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant future
 Caroline4LeafClover465 is offline Status: Offline

Oh, I'm sorry, I was just informed of that rule. I posted a little about reps, but my friend gave me the link to this thread. Sorry about that

I'll remember not to do it again
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT