BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2011, 09:21 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline
Default More staff?

I know alot of people have been complaining about how strict this site is. I know most of the complaints are about the site models, but i'm not even gonna get into that.

What i think this site needs is more admins/mods. I've been an active member on WI for a few years, so coming from that site to this one i'm not used to there not being as many staff members. Usually on there you can click the report button and something will be done about that problem within 10 minutes and thats because there are so many staff members online that can take care of it. But here, if you report something it doesn't get taken care of for hours because there aren't as many staff members.

I'm not trying to dis the staff here, i think you are all doing a fine job, but real life does get in the way and you can't be on 24/7 to monitor. I think that getting a few more staff members that can help out would really help this site.

Last edited by chococat663; 02-16-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Silver
Banned

Silver is just really niceSilver is just really niceSilver is just really niceSilver is just really nice
 Silver is offline Status: Offline

I do moderator on websites with 1000+ members myself and it stinks when your the only staff that does stuff
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

I agree in a way...but with BI's screening process, it must be hard to find good people.

I think age is another big factor. Webkinz was targeted to ALL age levels from the beginning, and there were SO many moms that were in love with them.

BABV was more for the preteen-teens. (imo at least) There were always those moms that did like buildabearville and there still are...it's just not as much so as webkinz (which are a lot cheaper than BAB's)

I can't WAIT til I'm old enough to apply. I've wanted to ever since I joined. (2 yrs ago)
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
I agree in a way...but with BI's screening process, it must be hard to find good people.

I think age is another big factor. Webkinz was targeted to ALL age levels from the beginning, and there were SO many moms that were in love with them.

BABV was more for the preteen-teens. (imo at least) There were always those moms that did like buildabearville and there still are...it's just not as much so as webkinz (which are a lot cheaper than BAB's)

I can't WAIT til I'm old enough to apply. I've wanted to ever since I joined. (2 yrs ago)
I agree with age being a factor. I can tell that alot of people on this site are pretty young, as opposed to most of the people on WI being a bit older. I have noticed that, other than the staff, there aren't many adults here. That being said, it would be pretty hard to find more staff because there aren't as many adults.

If i was old enough i would definitely apply for it, but of course, i'm not, so i can't.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

Lol. I like how you phrased that last part 'but of course, i'm not, so i can't.'

Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM
HarryLove13
Sage Bear

HarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond reputeHarryLove13 has a reputation beyond repute
 HarryLove13 is offline Status: Offline

yeah i agree i remember back then, it was either jessbearhug or pandyma, you could always count on one of them to be on
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 PM
ducky2713
Polar Bear
BABV Name: {Abby}

ducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of light
 ducky2713 is offline Status: Offline

I agree. A lot of times there'll be one of those 'I hate my life and all of you' threads that everyone's fighting on, and no one is on to close it. I wish I was old enough xD
Old 02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by ducky2713
I agree. A lot of times there'll be one of those 'I hate my life and all of you' threads that everyone's fighting on, and no one is on to close it. I wish I was old enough xD
Thats exactly what i'm talking about. When there are threads, such as those, that need to be deleted right away, there usually aren't any staff members on to delete them. Then when they don't get deleted, things go a little to far, fights/arguments get started, feelings get hurt, and people can possibly get banned.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM
ducky2713
Polar Bear
BABV Name: {Abby}

ducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of lightducky2713 is a glorious beacon of light
 ducky2713 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by chococat663
Thats exactly what i'm talking about. When there are threads, such as those, that need to be deleted right away, there usually aren't any staff members on to delete them. Then when they don't get deleted, things go a little to far, fights/arguments get started, feelings get hurt, and people can possibly get banned.
Exactly. I can't think of I single one that I've seen that at least one person hasn't been banned.
It would be helpful if enough people flagged it it would be deleted automatically, or at least closed until a Mod or Admin logged on to check it out. We need more staff, if we have more, less people will be banned, less people will leave, and less people will be hurt. It's nothing against the staff we have now; they do a great job, but I know it has to be overwhelming, and they just don't have enough time to be on here 24/7.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by ducky2713
Exactly. I can't think of I single one that I've seen that at least one person hasn't been banned.
It would be helpful if enough people flagged it it would be deleted automatically, or at least closed until a Mod or Admin logged on to check it out. We need more staff, if we have more, less people will be banned, less people will leave, and less people will be hurt. It's nothing against the staff we have now; they do a great job, but I know it has to be overwhelming, and they just don't have enough time to be on here 24/7.
There's a good idea. That way if something happened when staff members weren't online, it could be taken care of in some way. Even though it wouldn't completely eliminate the problem, it could still be keep it from getting too far. Like with the recent threads, if they had been closed earlier, things might not have gotten as far as they did.
But i don't know if something like that could really happen. It would probably need some kind of special programing.

Last edited by chococat663; 02-14-2011 at 11:04 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT