BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
GraceAdventureBear64
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RIP GraceAdventureBear64

GraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the rough
 GraceAdventureBear64 is offline Status: Offline

The only staff that realy go on are Fom, Loco and Joe. Nobody else realy goes on
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
ZoeAries7
Polar Bear

ZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeAries7 is offline Status: Offline

I know this probably isn't possible, but we should have a member of staff that lives in the UK.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:22 PM
GraceAdventureBear64
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RIP GraceAdventureBear64

GraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the roughGraceAdventureBear64 is a jewel in the rough
 GraceAdventureBear64 is offline Status: Offline

That would be good bcause I live in the UK although I'm not 18.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:11 PM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BobbyOBeary1
I must respectfully disagree with your statement "we don't have like any members over 18". Even though we are not to give out ages, postings do give a general impression of age range. I'm a grandma, we have several moms, some college students, and some members with jobs. Almost all of these are over 18! We may do more reading than posting, but we are here

Yes, I fall into one of those categories.
I was actually amazed when I found people older then me on the forum.
Thanks for pointing this out to the youngsters.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FrankiFullOfSunshine
I agree with the more staff thing, and then all the new people could be advised about stuff and also less people would be banned. And there should at least be some time slots for each staff, so then they can be kind of on 24/7! (do you see what i mean!)
I have to disagree with the time slot thing. They are here on volunteer basis, this isn't a job, they don't have to do it. That would be like telling you that you have to be on BI at this time and can only post during this time. The staff members have lives too.

View Post Originally Posted by LocoBananas
Hey just because you don't see us on doesn't mean we aren't on... I think I check in once or twice an hour between 1 pm and 4 am EST
The main reason i started this thread is because over the past week there have been a few threads that got a little out of control and arguments started. I know that those threads were reported, but they weren't removed for a few hours. When a thread is reported, don't staff members get a message or something so they know to go take a look at it? If there was someone online during that time wouldn't those threads have gotten deleted?

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
And you can look at things one of two ways. Are more people being banned because they're pushing testing the boundaries more lately or is it because of some other reason?

Remember, we rarely ban without someone being given a warning of some sort.
I only know of one person that got banned recently (i know someone above said that there were a few, but theres only one that i'm aware of) I don't really want to talk about banning (pretty sure its not allowed)

View Post Originally Posted by ZoeAries7
I know this probably isn't possible, but we should have a member of staff that lives in the UK.
I don't see how that isn't possible. Not all staff members have to live in the states.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Jordan and Ruby!
Trading Teddy

Jordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud of
 Jordan and Ruby! is offline Status: Offline

I asgree and half agree, QWhy not staff from diff countries, I';m from england so say i'm a admin..

Someoneenglish: -does report-

EnglishAdmin: Oh hey! I can do this quick!

Because if mainly most are american which they are english and other coubntries have to wait hours.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:32 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by tweety
Just to let you guys know when you apply to be part of the staff, it does say its voluntary. Meaning when you are able to help out.
Making time slots isn't ideal for everyone, and what if someone misses their shift?

We should all just pitch in a little more and not blame everything on the staff. It is also our responsibility to make sure the forum is running properly.
If you see someone breaking the rules, or something inappropriate, tell the person, flag it and wait for a staff member to deal with it.

Most of you want things done in an instant, and that's just not possible all the time.
Remember a little patience goes a long way.
I'm not really blaming it on the staff, i'm just saying that getting a few more staff members might be a good idea.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

BI requires you to do background check when you apply to be staff, and I'm not sure how they would do it with someone from another country.
The procedures are different in the U.S. then in other countries.

@Chococat, it would be nice to get more staff, but most people just seem to blame everything on the staff, when really its not their fault.

I have been a member for a year and a half, and honestly its not until recently that I see a lot of issues come up. I honestly see the staff more now, then I did when I joined.
This is just my observation.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Izziesnowboard

Izziesnowboard is on a distinguished road
 Izziesnowboard is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BobbyOBeary1
I must respectfully disagree with your statement "we don't have like any members over 18". Even though we are not to give out ages, postings do give a general impression of age range. I'm a grandma, we have several moms, some college students, and some members with jobs. Almost all of these are over 18! We may do more reading than posting, but we are here

I know what ur saying but really, we only have like maybe 5 or more people over

Anyway: the staff has a life outside of the computer screen they have jobs
and things to do, and most of the staff is on invisible mode so u dont know
they're on.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
MaegenBuddy
Trading Teddy

MaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond reputeMaegenBuddy has a reputation beyond repute
 MaegenBuddy is offline Status: Offline

I know a lot of adults on here actually.
WI has a lot of active staff, but only one of them is on BI.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT