BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Izziesnowboard

Izziesnowboard is on a distinguished road
 Izziesnowboard is offline Status: Offline
Default A Dct Suggestion.

Well, a lot of people really wanna sign up for a dct, but it seems every month all the dates are taken before they can get to it. [I'm one of those people since I'm a person who sleeps late+ school so i never get the time 2 sign up.] But every time I check the sign-ups, it's almost always the same people. I don't think this is fair to others who wanna do a dct- but can never sign up because the same people sign up before them and take the dates. Yes, in a way it is far because they got there first, but also: i know a lot of people are doing HW, going to school, sleeping, dinner, etc. Anyways, my suggestion was, like a limit on how many dcts you can post. For ex: If I signed up for September 21st for writing, i got accepeted, posted it, then I applied for October 16th for Hersheys, i got accepted, I posted it, I can't apply for another dct until December (so you have to wait a month.) What do you think? I just really think there should be a limit. And as Brini pointed out: It's rarely a new topic, it's always the same- and really people copy and paste of off Wiki or whatever it's called, however some people do take the time and make graphics, find info, and really put effort in it.

Not to high jack your thread here Izzie, but I'm just going to lay out the proposals I've given so far:

1) Random Times: I go back to not announcing in advance when the sign ups will go up. This way they will go up at any random time and give everyone a chance to sign up and there aren't like 100 people waiting to pounce on the sign up sheet

2) Alternates: I already assigned one for April because of my surgery but when the sign ups are over I could then get a list of 5 people to become alternates. These people have to be willing to do a DCT at moment's notice on any day of the month. This list also has to be contacted in order so that it avoids friend biases.

3) Reminders: Also each month, one person can volunteer to be the DCT reminder person. This person will VM each person a few days in advance to remind them that their DCT date is coming up. You will remind them of their date and topic as well as tell them that if they can't do their DCT they need to contact me or the alternates ASAP. This is also a big job and a big commitment and the person with this job will change every month

4) Topics: Along with topics about the self not being allowed (as that is what the Aloha section is for) there can be no repeats of topics from the previous month. So in that case the May sign ups cannot use any topics from the April sign ups.

Ok now back to the discussion - LocoBananas

Last edited by LocoBananas; 03-23-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 PM
olops
Sage Bear
BABV Name: nikkibanana

olops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to behold
 olops is offline Status: Offline

I like the idea =]
Or once every 2 months [every other month] unless theres no one else.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

I totally agree. I check that thing EVERY SINGLE MONTH. This is the 3rd time in a row that I havent been able to get it, and it is the same.

And no offense to people, but it's the same subjects EVERY time. :/ And the same style titles, and then rarely good info...

I'm so mad right now. I have been checking every day to see when Loco would put it up, and I logged off just before she posted it. -_- And then had school all day of course.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I wanted April 24, my birthday for a secret subject that all will just have to now wait for MAY for! I'm so mad. -_-
Old 03-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Izziesnowboard

Thanks guys.

Brini- I agree, it really is the same subject, same info, same title, -sigh-. and sorry tht you didnt get the date you wanted D:
Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

I didnt get any date. :PP

Oh well. I remember when the staff made the dcts and it was the highest honor for a regular member too. :P Those were fun.

I guess I'm just probably not going to even try to do a dct at this rate. -_-
Old 03-21-2011, 06:15 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

I don't think that's really fair for those who put a lot of thought into creative DCTs and try not to repeat topics.
Maybe they could try making the sign-ups earlier and on the weekends so more people will be able to sign up?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline

I agree that there should be a limit on it, like maybe every other month or something like that.

Yesterday was the first time that i was able to sign up for it, i just happened to be online when the thread was opened so i decided to sign up for it. And the list filled up really fast.

I agree with that alot of the subjects are repeatedly used and even though i don't really post on the DCT i can see how it would be kind of annoying. So i picked a subject that i like and haven't seen before on the DCT.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Izziesnowboard

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
I didnt get any date. :PP

Oh well. I remember when the staff made the dcts and it was the highest honor for a regular member too. :P Those were fun.

I guess I'm just probably not going to even try to do a dct at this rate. -_-

Aw :/

That sounds fun [:

Same- seeing as I can never seem 2 get the time right.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Remi11
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rain.

Remi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond repute
 Remi11 is offline Status: Offline

that sounds good! No one is able to get a time-

multiple people have no homework & are homeschooled so its only fair (;
Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Alma sunshine 2
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alma ♡

Alma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant future
 Alma sunshine 2 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I don't think that's really fair for those who put a lot of thought into creative DCTs and try not to repeat topics.
Maybe they could try making the sign-ups earlier and on the weekends so more people will be able to sign up?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT