BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute
 GabbyGirl88 is offline Status: Offline
Default How to make a ".gif" icon with Photoshop ~By Gabby

How to make a "gif." icon with Photoshop
Guide by Gabby

Note: click images for better size**
Step 1: Open Photoshop (duh!)
Step 2: Open youtube, and the video you want to make an animation from. I'll be using a My Little Pony video.
Step 3: Copy the address of your video.
Spoiler: show
Click the image to open in full size.

Step 4: Go to "www.savevid.com" and paste the address in the upload box, and press "download". (Thanks Laura for telling me about this!)

Step 5: Choose the video type you'll be downloading. (I suggest, "Full HD" for the best quality icon.)

Step 6: Once the video is downloaded, open it up on PS. (File>Open)
Step 7:Now we need to open our animation timeline. To open that up, go to Window>Animation. It should come up at the bottom. At this point, your screen should look like this:

Step 8: Next, we'll start playing the video (Press Click the image to open in full size.) . It will be a little slow at first because PS has to load up all the frames. If you want you can go farther into thew video if you have a certain spot where you want to make the animation. When you see the start were you want to start your animation press pause (Press Click the image to open in full size.). If you went too far, go frame by frame to find the exact place were you want to start (Press Click the image to open in full size. to go back a frame, and Click the image to open in full size. to go forward a frame).
Step 9: Once it's in the exact spot, click Click the image to open in full size. in the top right hand corner of the animation timeline, then a menu will come up. Click "Set Start of Work Area".
Step 10: Let's zoom in on our timeline. Move the little arrow to zoom.

Step 11: Play the video again, and pause it roughly were you want the animation to end. Use the frame by frame buttons to figure out exactly where you want it to end.
Step 12: Open the menu again (same as in step 9) and click "Set End of Work Area". Press play, to be sure it right.
Step 13: Next, we are going to make the animation smaller. Go to Image>Image Size. First, lower the width to around 600-200. This is where we will have to experiment. I am doing 200. Since it will look to small, zoom in so you can see better (at the top, i suggest zooming 100%, or 200%). Use this, icon thing and copy and paste on your video. Open up layers and lower the opacity of it, so you can see under it, and the size. Use the move tool too move it around. If it looks right, and the animation you want in your icon is under the 100x100 picture, crop the 100x100 picture. If it isn't, then delete the 100x100, and keep scaling it smaller, and pasting the 100x100 picture till it looks right. If you make a mistake, you can always undo it.

Step 14: Press play and let PS load up the layers.
Step 15: This is the time to add any PSDs, or if you want to brighten up the image or add some contrast.
Step 16: Now it's time to save our image. Go to File>Save for Web and Devices.
Step 17: Now something like this should pop up.

Step 18: Make sure it is set as a gif, so click PNG 8>GIF. If it already does say GIF ignore this step.
Step 19: See where it says "Colors" and a number next to it? Make sure it say "256" for best quality gif. BUT, in some cases, that may be too many colors and will not fit as a gif icon on BI if you want to use it as a avatar. So if it doesn't, keep lowering the number until it fits. Sometimes the gif will never be small enough, and sometime it will. Also, lowering the number also lowers the quality of the gif. ONE MORE THING! Make sure it says Forever, not Once at the bottom. Once finished with all that, press save. (:
(Picture Used for Steps 18+19)

Thanks for reading, hope you didn't get too confused! xD
If have any questions, vm me or post below. (:
Here was my output:

Last edited by GabbyGirl88; 07-11-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 AM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Wow. I don't have PS but even I understood that guide, lol. Thanks so much for posting! (;
Old 07-11-2012, 11:41 AM
lauracamper12
Polar Bear

lauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to behold
 lauracamper12 is offline Status: Offline

You did a good job explaining it, Gabby. <3

Last edited by lauracamper12; 07-11-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 11:42 AM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by MadelyneCinnamon3
Wow. I don't have PS but even I understood that guide, lol. Thanks so much for posting! (;
Glad you understood it.
I tried to get a picture for almost everything, just in case someone got confused.
xD

View Post Originally Posted by lauracamper12
Ha ha, a bit of creds goes for me, for showing the website. c:
You did a good job explaining it, Gabby.
Yep, I gave credit. c:
and thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
taylorblue64
Polar Bear

taylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to behold
 taylorblue64 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the tutorial,I'll go try it out!
<3
Old 07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
baileywaterfall76
Polar Bear
BABV Name: baileywaterfall76

baileywaterfall76 is a glorious beacon of lightbaileywaterfall76 is a glorious beacon of lightbaileywaterfall76 is a glorious beacon of lightbaileywaterfall76 is a glorious beacon of lightbaileywaterfall76 is a glorious beacon of light
 baileywaterfall76 is offline Status: Offline

Thank you so much! the only animation i know is from animation frames so this helps a lot! i shall try this as soon as i am sure my ps doesn't crash my computer again xD but ty so so so much!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:32 PM
taylorblue64
Polar Bear

taylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to beholdtaylorblue64 is a splendid one to behold

When I went To savevid I pasted and hit download and it said error occurred.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by taylorblue64
When I went To savevid I pasted and hit download and it said error occurred.
This has happened to me before.
Are there any other videos just like it?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
taylorblue64
Polar Bear

I got a different vid,uploaded it to PS,but it said QuickTime 7.1 Version or later is required..
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

bettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond repute
 bettybeach13 is offline Status: Offline

Cute tutorial!
I do it a different way so it's good to have another way!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
laura<3, momma.cake.♥