BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > About Buildabearville! > Beginners Guide to Buildabearville

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Mitty
Polar Bear

Mitty will become famous soon enough
 Mitty is offline Status: Offline
Default BABV loading slow? How to Make It Run Faster!

Hey, newbies!
Love BABV, but wish it would go a bit faster? Here are some tips to make BABV run faster on your computer.

PLEASE NOTE: Some of these tips may only apply to Windows users.

1. Close any windows or programs you're not using.

For example, if you have iTunes open in another window, close it! Your computer will have more of itself to dedicate to BABV. (Extra tip! If you'd still like to listen to music, turn on an iPod, or the radio. You can still hit the tunes without dragging down your computer!)

If you have any other open tabs in your web browser you aren't using, close those, too!

2. Open your Windows Task Manager. Close any other hidden programs or processes.

This is most commonly done by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE and clicking Task Manager, as it is on Vista. Close any programs you missed, and click the processes tab. Remove any processes from the list that you don't need. (Warning! Closing some necessary processes might change the way that your computer works. This is easily fixed by rebooting your computer.)

3. Adjust the personalized settings on your computer.

Perhaps you've noticed that the title bar on your web browser appears transparent. You've got nice, rounded scrollbars. By removing some of these settings, your computer as a whole will run faster. You don't have to remove all of them if you don't want to, and you can readd them anytime.

Open your Start panel, and click Control Panel and then Personalization to access these settings.

4. Open your PDA in BABV. Set the graphics settings to Low.

This makes the graphics look a bit sketchy...but can reduce lag and loading times tremendously. And it doesn't take long to get used to!

5. Don't carry every item you own.

This helps moreso when in your inventory or in a trade. Keep your doubles in the attic of your cub condo!

6. Join a server with four bear heads rather than five.

The beads heads indicate how full, or how stressed, the server is.
There are still plenty of people in a server with just four bear heads. You shouldn't have any problem trading or finding people to talk to, and the server isn't bursting, either, so you'll enjoy faster loads and minimized lag.

Thank you very much for reading my guide. I hope you found it useful, and enjoy loading faster!

Last edited by Mitty; 04-23-2011 at 09:42 PM..
Old 04-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks fur sharing! That really helps!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 AM
rachelangel477girl
Trading Teddy

rachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant future
 rachelangel477girl is offline Status: Offline

Thanks.
Reppy
I am sure to use them.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Zoeysummer508
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Call me Pandie. c:

Zoeysummer508 is a name known to allZoeysummer508 is a name known to allZoeysummer508 is a name known to allZoeysummer508 is a name known to allZoeysummer508 is a name known to allZoeysummer508 is a name known to all
 Zoeysummer508 is offline Status: Offline

It's always so slow for me. Thanks for posting! =D
Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
TheDinoGirl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: IsabelMusicMaker8

TheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 TheDinoGirl is offline Status: Offline

Right now my whole internet is running slow.
But thanks for posting!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Mitty
Polar Bear

Mitty will become famous soon enough
 Mitty is offline Status: Offline

I'm glad that you guys found it helpful.

Me too, Isabel! It's too bad that some ISP's make it so difficult to play BABV.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT