BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Creative! > Avatars and Signatures!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:21 AM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline
Default New rules for Avatar/Signature and Graphic Shop - ALL MUST READ - Updated 7/06/10

This area is for shops only.

If you already have a shop and it is over 1000 posts, please flag it so it can be closed prior to opening a new shop.

Titles must include your BI name, shop name, and offerings. The more specific your title, the more business you are likely to get.

You may create one graphics shop ONLY. After your first thread reaches 1000 posts, then you may create another thread and have your old one closed (they cannot be operating at the same time). If you open a duplicate thread, all of your shops will be closed and you will not be allowed to have a graphics thread.

You may chose to partner in a shop created by a friend in addition to the one of your own as long as you can keep up with the orders from both shops.

You may only have ONE friend helping at your shop.

If your shop closes due to inactivity, you must ask a staff member to reopen it as opposed to starting a new thread.

All graphics must be original - you may not use other members' images or images from other sites that have not been properly credited. If the original creator of the graphic is not known and the graphic appears to be commonly distributed, do not take credit for it.

You must also not use graphics that you do not have permission to use. A partial list can be found here although this list is NOT all inclusive. It is ultimately your responsibility to find out a graphics specific term of use.

Do not advertise your shop on another shop or any thread (including the DCT), profiles or in PMs. The only place you may advertise it is in your signature.

No polls may be added to any shops.

All orders should be acknowledged and taken in the order in which they are received. Consider giving an estimated time to delivery. No skipping orders.

No rude behavior will be tolerated. Some orders may take longer than others - be patient when placing an order.

No fighting between shops. This will result in both shops being closed pending admin review.

No hotlinking. You must use an image hosting site, like photobucket or tinypic.

Thank you.

Last edited by Beherenow; 07-17-2010 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Amended rules
Old 11-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Cutestkitten
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Nikibearycute4

Cutestkitten is on a distinguished road
 Cutestkitten is offline Status: Offline

I had previously not followed all these rules but i will fix that
Old 11-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Cindyrockerbear
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Cindyrockerbear

Cindyrockerbear is on a distinguished road
 Cindyrockerbear is offline Status: Offline

i have 2 shops but no one ever came can i shut them?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:07 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

I am really sorry! I got the graphics of mine from a website called mypagestyle.com. then the words are from this one family lobby place that I found from google! I am sorry! I thought the images looked so cool! I forgot to give credit. We learned about that in school the other day, but I thought that was for words, not pictures. I am really really sorry!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8

AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 will become famous soon enough
 AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 is offline Status: Offline

As far as i can tell, My drawing shop follows all the rules... and plus they're made by me, and a have a signature...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator

View Post Originally Posted by Cutestkitten
I had previously not followed all these rules but i will fix that
That all that we ask, that from this point forward, you follow the new rules. Thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by Cindyrockerbear
i have 2 shops but no one ever came can i shut them?
If thats what you want to do. Just let any staff member know and they'll shut them down for you.

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
I am really sorry! I got the graphics of mine from a website called mypagestyle.com. then the words are from this one family lobby place that I found from google! I am sorry! I thought the images looked so cool! I forgot to give credit. We learned about that in school the other day, but I thought that was for words, not pictures. I am really really sorry!!!
What I usually tell people is..imagine YOU had created something. Wouldn't you want to be given credit for it? No need to be sorry. Part of all of this is an education process. I appreciate the fact that you've learned something and hope you'll think more about it in the future.

View Post Originally Posted by AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8
As far as i can tell, My drawing shop follows all the rules... and plus they're made by me, and a have a signature...
Great! Congrats on the original artwork! I'm sure you can really appreciate the new rules then.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:31 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

I agree to these rules.
Although I'm not the best graphic maker so... I'm probably not going to be making an Avatar/Signature shop for a while.
Anyways.... thanks for the rule reminder.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 PM
goaliegirl63
Polar Bear
BABV Name: I don't log in much anymore X3

goaliegirl63 is on a distinguished road
 goaliegirl63 is offline Status: Offline

I have a drawing shop, but I'm not beary good at putting up the pics can I edit it to be another thing or does it need to be closed and then I start a new one all together instead of editing my origanal shop?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:58 PM
goaliegirl63
Polar Bear
BABV Name: I don't log in much anymore X3

goaliegirl63 is on a distinguished road
 goaliegirl63 is offline Status: Offline

Oh and one last thing if I get something from a site like if it has the name of the site already on it can I use those I wouldn't take cerdit anyway but I still would like to know.

This is an example of what I'm talking about...
Click the image to open in full size.

Or...

Click the image to open in full size.
because they have the name of the site. So I'm just wondering about that.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator

View Post Originally Posted by goaliegirl63
Oh and one last thing if I get something from a site like if it has the name of the site already on it can I use those I wouldn't take cerdit anyway but I still would like to know.

This is an example of what I'm talking about...

Or...

because they have the name of the site. So I'm just wondering about that.
Sorry took so long to answer. Yes, those are fine. Any generating site is specifically created to make graphics for you to use elsewhere. Its not that its a bad thing that they include their logo on there. Thats actually advertisement for them.

We just want to make sure you're not using artwork from a site that specifically states not to use it or redistribute it. We also want to make sure everyone is being honest about where they get their items from and not taking credit for something when its not due. Again, in those instances, theres no way for that to happen.
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
<br!n!g!rl>, aloha i was here ♫, color was here, doopliss duplicated here!, i twas here, sarah99lovestaylorlautner