BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Serenapawfectpal3
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Serenapawfectpal3♥

Serenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud ofSerenapawfectpal3 has much to be proud of
 Serenapawfectpal3 is offline Status: Offline
Default Voting?

I have an idea for future contests. On other websites it is considered a way of choosing the winner. Despite the fact that the staff do pick some of the best winners, it would be nice for us BI members to have our say. Looking at some of the replies from previous contests, I have noticed that members seem to complain on certain details for example: "It's too blury and it has too much of the same colour".

We could vote on the winner using a system; using a poll or this:

-Pictureofentry-
1. Serenapawfectpal3- 05 May 09:40am GMT
2. ~~~~~~~~~~~ 07 May 04.30 EST
3. and so on

That would be the voting system I would prefer. The one that would get the most votes would be the winner (runner up.. etc). Before you nag at me and say it would be too hard because there would be too many entries, the staff would narrow it down fairly to the top 5 entries.
To make it fair, voting would be secret and not displayed. This is to prevent people from saying "Please vote for me! I worked soo hard on it!" or the voters saying "Vote for my friend!, and "Don't vote for so and so!". If shared, they would get a warning from staff (the easiest way to do this is to report their post to make it easier). Another way to do this is that their post would be censored.
I'm so sorry that this sounds too hard on staff but it's just an idea.
There will be some issues that have endless problems, that's just life.
Click the image to open in full size.

Reply to Zoe: That would be really good. I like it. (:
Reply to Mist: What I mean is the number of votes. It is like this.
Serena♥SimClick the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Serena♥Sim's entry
Added by Serena♥Sim
  1. --Donl 20:16, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
  2. --Guilherme Guerreiro 20:20, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
  3. --Simisbachelor101 20:04, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
(By the way that actually was my entry for The Sims Fanon Wiki. :D)

Last edited by Serenapawfectpal3; 05-05-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Old 05-05-2011, 05:23 AM
ZoeAries7
Polar Bear

ZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeAries7 is offline Status: Offline

maybe the entrant's name could not be displayed so no-one just votes for their friends?
great idea.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Jordan and Ruby!
Trading Teddy

Jordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud ofJordan and Ruby! has much to be proud of
 Jordan and Ruby! is offline Status: Offline

Zoe; If it wasn't displayed you wouldn't know who you were voting for, Therefore you may vote for the wrong one.

Serena; Great Idea!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
MistyBear61
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Mist (Jez)

MistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant future
 MistyBear61 is offline Status: Offline

I'm not really sure what you mean? Do you mean like, say the top 5 entries we go like
1. so-and-so

Like put them in our order of choice?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline

I don't think so, because some people might not vote for the actual banner, they'd just vote for the most popular person listed.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Caroline4LeafClover465
Trading Teddy

Caroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant future
 Caroline4LeafClover465 is offline Status: Offline

Okay, so maybe this could be a solution?

All people who want to make a banner or something for the contest could e-mail it. Then the staff would narrow it down to like 5 entries, and in a poll, they would show just the banners.
And the people who would be in the poll aren't allowed to reveal their banners, they gotta wait till the end of the contestt
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

Well, personally I think that if we did that it would turn into a popularity contest and then people with a lot of friends on here versus a newbie would win.. but it is a good idea.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 AM
limegummibears♥
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AJHappy1139

limegummibears♥ will become famous soon enoughlimegummibears♥ will become famous soon enough
 limegummibears♥ is offline Status: Offline

Its a good idea keep on thinking
Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 AM
ZoeAries7
Polar Bear

ZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeAries7 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by ZoeApril1377
I don't think so, because some people might not vote for the actual banner, they'd just vote for the most popular person listed.
View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
Well, personally I think that if we did that it would turn into a popularity contest and then people with a lot of friends on here versus a newbie would win.. but it is a good idea.
my reply :
Quote:
maybe the entrant's name could not be displayed so no-one just votes for their friends?
great idea.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

I actually like this idea. I mean some people might not like the banner that is chosen. BTW I'm not meaning me. I like the banner
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT