BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 05:26 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline
Default A Code?

When registering, should we have a verification code to prevent all those annoying spambots that come on to advertise their products?

Summer- Verification codes stop the spambots because they can't see them, like Bella said.

Lina- Yes, that would be annoying, but like Bell said, you only do it when you register.

Justin- Dang, I forgot. Maybe you should just make a harder code? I have no idea...

Or you could have a code when you make your first post?

Last edited by AbbygailBearDiva59; 05-23-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 05:48 PM
summersurf57
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SummerSurf57

summersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud of
 summersurf57 is offline Status: Offline

Sounds pretty good, but how would this stop them
Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 PM
BellaSummer207
Polar Bear
BABV Name: hhhhhh

BellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud ofBellaSummer207 has much to be proud of
 BellaSummer207 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by summersurf57
Sounds pretty good, but how would this stop them
Well the bots aren't able to read it. (:

I agree!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Abbyalohabear
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ♕You can call me Abbs.♕

Abbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant futureAbbyalohabear has a brilliant future
 Abbyalohabear is offline Status: Offline

100 % agree
Old 05-21-2011, 08:00 PM
LinaCloud5
BABV Name: ^^ Bailey

LinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to beholdLinaCloud5 is a splendid one to behold
 LinaCloud5 is offline Status: Offline

But wouldn't that mean that every time we post something we have to type out that code?
Those codes are suuuuper annoying. Especially when they are unreadable to even a human.
I would rather the spam-bots, personally...
Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 AM
WolvesRGreat
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ♥One Direction Forever♥

WolvesRGreat is a jewel in the roughWolvesRGreat is a jewel in the roughWolvesRGreat is a jewel in the rough
 WolvesRGreat is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by LinaCloud5
But wouldn't that mean that every time we post something we have to type out that code?
Those codes are suuuuper annoying. Especially when they are unreadable to even a human.
I would rather the spam-bots, personally...
No! It means just when you join, so they bots can't read the code when they try to join. Why would you think you have to type a code everytime we post...?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:17 PM
MistyBubbles52
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: (◠‿◠)

MistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant future
 MistyBubbles52 is offline Status: Offline

I think it's a good idea =)
Old 05-22-2011, 05:57 PM
RoseLUVU
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gwyn

RoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond repute
 RoseLUVU is offline Status: Offline

I should agree with this.

We need to keep the bots away!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I'mAnsleyalohabear
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Quitted

I'mAnsleyalohabear will become famous soon enoughI'mAnsleyalohabear will become famous soon enough
 I'mAnsleyalohabear is offline Status: Offline

Hm, that is a pretty good idea. When you first join, you type in a verification code like on some other sites. Bots can't read them. I understand :]

This is a great idea :]
Old 05-22-2011, 06:01 PM
emmaloo42
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: kailynapril5 (aka apple)

emmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to beholdemmaloo42 is a splendid one to behold
 emmaloo42 is offline Status: Offline

verification code (to see if your a robot or not)
Smart idea=)
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT