BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 AM
BalletStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MollyAries100!

BalletStar has a spectacular aura aboutBalletStar has a spectacular aura about
 BalletStar is offline Status: Offline
Smile The ultimate beginners guide!

Right when you first join babv (a short term for buildabearville) you may be like 'aaaaah what do I do!'. I know I felt like that when I first joined but here are some top tips on babv and you'll soon be doing well in bearville. Here is a list of what this has:
Registering bears, Getting round, What are Jr Cyber Guides, How can I become one, Making friends, Maximam of friends, What to do when someone's being mean, Reporting, Short phases in talking, More questions with no answers and what to try.

Hope you find what you need!

Right so you've signed up and you don't have your bear! Why?

Well you need to get it registered. That's easy, just make sure you have your birth certificate with you ready. Now go to town square and head to the Online Buildabear Workshop (it is the one with bearemy the bear standing in front of it!). Click on Champ who is standing behind the counter in there. Then click the button that says something like 'register a bear'. Then click the button that says I have a birth certificate for my bear. Oh, if you have a card instead of a certificate then you click the one that says you have a card and follow the instructions from there. With the birth certificate it will say enter the animal ID and Key Code. These numbers can be found labelled at the bottom of your certificate. Type them in and then just wait! A celebration message should appear on the screen to tell people you have brought a bear to life! YAY!

Getting round?

You can use the map which can be found at the top right of your screen to click on places on that to get around! That is the quickest way. But sometimes you want to take a bit more of a walk. Just click the arrows on the ground and these take you from one area to another. If you see a paw print on the ground that will take you into a building. Don't worry if you get lost. You'll soon find your way around and also there are many helpful Jr Cyber Guides around who will answer any questions you have. They are the people with blue hats that have stars above them. They are very friendly and knowlegable of bearville.

So what are Jr Cyber Guides?

They are people who have been playing in bearville for at least 30 days. They know their stuff and are willing to give you tours, answer questions, chat to you to make you feel welcome and sometimes just a friendly face who will help you make friends! So don't be scared of them, if you see one try and remember to sya HI!

How can I become one?

If you want to be a Jr Cyber Guide you have to of visited 12 times in 30 days on babv. So after 30 days of playing in bearville if you visited at least 12 times then you can apply to be one. Just whizz to the classroom, click just visit thn on a table there is a blue star. Click that and take the test. If you get enough questions right whoo-hoo you're a new Jr Cyber Guide if not never mind you try again tomorrow! Just remember you need to keep visiting babv or otherwise after a week of two you may not be a cyber guide anymore. Then you have to do that all again!

Making friends?

To make friends with someone just double-click on them when they are standing and a list of things with come up. Click add as friends and a request will be sent for them to reply to. You will be told when they have said ys or no, or if they take to long to answer you can cancel the request. They might be to busy at the moment.

Too many friends?

This is simple. You can have a maximam of 200 friends on buildabearville. You will be told when you can't add anymore when you try to add another.

Someone's being mean?

If someone is being really mean to you then you can ignore them by double-clicking them and then chosing ignore. They will disappear from your screen. If you then decide to un ignore them click on your friends list and then on ignored and then choose that persons name.

Reporting?

If someone is for example using swear words on babv this is time to report them. It doesn't normally happen because the babv talk is filtered but sometimes these things do happen. Reporting someone is very serious. It means sending a report to real life modertors. If you send too many false reports (reports on things that didn't happen) you could be banned from bearville forever.

Short phrases that are currently allowed to be said?

Brb (be right back)
Lol (lots of laughs/love)
Rofl (rolling on floor laughing)
Idk (I don't know)
Babw (buildabear workshop)

There are some others but I found that these are the most frequently uses ones. If you see one and it isn't one of the above then feel free to ask what the person is saying. They should tell you if they were talking to you.

What if I have more questions with no answers?

If you have more questions then look through this a little you may find an answer. If not then babv do a good help guide! There are a lot of FAQ (frequently asked questions) in there. You could also email the team at vwhelp@buildabear.com with a question or maybe even maxine at maxine@buildabear.com (though that is more for suggestions for bearville). If you really need to surf the net; that always finds answers- well usually!

This probably was posted way back by somebody else but no-one wants to flick through all the pages to find a guide like this. So to keep this info updated I made this so that it can be found more easily.

Hope I helped anyone who was new to bearville or needed to be reminded about stuff!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Choco Devil
Polar Bear
BABV Name: яìℓìαиє.♥

Choco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to behold
 Choco Devil is offline Status: Offline

Great guide, but try to seperate some of the lines so it doesn't look to wordy and it's also easier to read. X)
Old 07-30-2011, 03:24 PM
BalletStar
Polar Bear

Smile

View Post Originally Posted by Choco Devil
Great guide, but try to seperate some of the lines so it doesn't look to wordy and it's also easier to read. X)
Thanks! I know it looks like LOADS of writing. It kinda scares people off with the size of it! I suppose I wrote too much. I suppose I put the contents in so you could just look at which section you want to read. But I expect my idea has already been done. Anyway I just hope it helps new bearville people!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 PM
PierceBlue2
Polar Bear
BABV Name: @longliveneal (fmoig)

PierceBlue2 is a splendid one to beholdPierceBlue2 is a splendid one to beholdPierceBlue2 is a splendid one to beholdPierceBlue2 is a splendid one to beholdPierceBlue2 is a splendid one to beholdPierceBlue2 is a splendid one to behold
 PierceBlue2 is offline Status: Offline

Great Guide! ^^
Old 07-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Ashleighsinger4
Polar Bear

Ashleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud ofAshleighsinger4 has much to be proud of
 Ashleighsinger4 is offline Status: Offline

Great guide, it looks like something off the FAQ list on BABV . . .
Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 AM
BalletStar
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by Ashleighsinger4
Great guide, it looks like something off the FAQ list on BABV . . .
Yeah, I know. But it isn't copied and pasted I promise. I just know my stuff about bearville I suppose.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:50 PM
summersurf57
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SummerSurf57

summersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud of
 summersurf57 is offline Status: Offline

Wow, this is good! Rep!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:51 PM
princessgirlcool
Sage Bear

princessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond repute
 princessgirlcool is offline Status: Offline

Great guide. (;
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
BalletStar
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by summersurf57
Wow, this is good! Rep!
Thanks! It was really kind of you to rep it! I have not yet got many reputation so I am really happy! Thanks for your comments!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 AM
BalletStar
Polar Bear

Thanks everyone for comments! I am glad you think it is good! Thanks again.
BalletStar!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
~rrebwarts♥