BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
isacute6
Polar Bear
BABV Name: I s a b e l l a ♡

isacute6 has a spectacular aura aboutisacute6 has a spectacular aura about
 isacute6 is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: How to make a new birth certificate?

Okay so I'll probably maybe getting a new bear. I won't buy it at the BABW , i'll e buying it online. But it doesn't come with birth certificate (I think) So the thing is I don't know how to make a new birth certificate (at the store) And I wanted to make one so I could name it how I wanted and also have the Babv gifts I just wanted to know who to ask in the store, what do I do, what SHOULD I do...

Please help
Old 07-01-2011, 05:42 PM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

Unfortunately, the stores are no longer allowed to let guests make a new birth certificate. It is now against the company rules. Please don't put your local store in a difficult position by asking to make one.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:28 PM
awesomechic
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Z-Z-Za-Zoey

awesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond repute
 awesomechic is offline Status: Offline

really? what bear are you getting? ususally, all bears come with a birth certificate... your are no longer allowed to re-birth your old bab's.. sorry
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 PM
AllieBubbles17
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AllieBubbles17

AllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond repute
 AllieBubbles17 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by karenbearhug
Unfortunately, the stores are no longer allowed to let guests make a new birth certificate. It is now against the company rules. Please don't put your local store in a difficult position by asking to make one.

Huh? Strange, I had to go there a few weeks ago because the bear my friend gave me had fallen apart, and the girl there let me make a birth certificate because my friend didn't give it to me.

I had to actually make a new bear, same type, and it was free.

You should just ask, or maybe they'll give you a code online so you could print out the birth certificate.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 PM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by AllieBubbles17
Huh? Strange, I had to go there a few weeks ago because the bear my friend gave me had fallen apart, and the girl there let me make a birth certificate because my friend didn't give it to me.

I had to actually make a new bear, same type, and it was free.

You should just ask, or maybe they'll give you a code online so you could print out the birth certificate.

Your situation is completely different if you had to make a new bear. The company policy is very straightforward - there is to be no new birth certificates for returning bears or bears bought from second party sites such as Ebay. The reason for this is that all those bears have already received their one certificate that comes with the cost of the animal. Any new certificates may not cost you anything - but it certainly costs the company.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 PM
isacute6
Polar Bear
BABV Name: I s a b e l l a ♡

isacute6 has a spectacular aura aboutisacute6 has a spectacular aura about
 isacute6 is offline Status: Offline

Well yeah.. I was gonna buy it at Ebay or Amazon.com :P So that means, I cannot make a new birth certificate?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:52 PM
MistyBubbles52
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: (◠‿◠)

MistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant future
 MistyBubbles52 is offline Status: Offline

Your situation is completely different if you had to make a new bear. The company policy is very straightforward - there is to be no new birth certificates for returning bears or bears bought from second party sites such as Ebay. The reason for this is that all those bears have already received their one certificate that comes with the cost of the animal. Any new certificates may not cost you anything - but it certainly costs the company.
Yikes. I need to tell my store not to do that. I didn't know.
But what happens if you buy a bear from buildabear.com? Are you allowed to go in and make a birth certificate for it?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 PM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by MistyBubbles52
Yikes. I need to tell my store not to do that. I didn't know.
But what happens if you buy a bear from buildabear.com? Are you allowed to go in and make a birth certificate for it?

All furry friends that come from the BABW website will have a birth certificate mailed with it, complete with animal ID and key code.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:59 PM
MistyBubbles52
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: (◠‿◠)

MistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant future
 MistyBubbles52 is offline Status: Offline

All furry friends that come from the BABW website will have a birth certificate mailed with it, complete with animal ID and key code.
Oh, okay. I've always gotten my bears in-store or off eBay. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM
awesomechic
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Z-Z-Za-Zoey

awesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond repute
 awesomechic is offline Status: Offline

some stores in different states still do re-birthing because they never heard of the new policy.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT