BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alli!

Stefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud of
 Stefaniehearts15 is offline Status: Offline
Default Bear Surgery :] (with pictures)

So I found my Mint Chocolate Chip Bear lying in a puddle of dirty water. It had dust and dirt all over it and it was wet and stinky. So I had to clean it. And heres how I did it.

This surgery was performed by Stefaniehearts, top bear surgeon expert.

This is what the bear looked like before:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

He was pretty grimy.

Ok, So the first thing I did was cut a slit in its back. This way I could take the stuffing out and reapply it. I just cut a nice sized line and it opened up big enough for me to take the stuffing out. The reason I was taking the stuffing out is because he was lumpy and stuff.
Click the image to open in full size.

Next I just took all the stuffing out with my fingers. I couldn't really reach the end of the arms and feet. But I took as much out as I could. I removed the heart and the barcode as well.

After that I prepared to wash it. All I did was fill a sink up with cool water and added some laundry detergent.

I lathered the bear up and got the excess stuffing out. I scrubbed where the stains where and just let it set in the water for about two-three minutes. Then I took it out and rang it out and wrapped it up in a towel.

I took all of the soapy stuffing I could out, then got out my hair dryer. I set it on medium and on cool.

I dried it by making straight strokes across the fur. And since the inside got wet, I just stuck the end of the hair dryer through the slit and just dried the inside.While it was drying I brush and teased his fur to make it soft. Click the image to open in full size.

After I had dried it I put it down and began to apply the stuffing. I broke up some polyester stuffing and used a stuffing stick to ease it into the arms and the legs. I kissed the heart and then stuck it back in and also the barcode.

After I stuffed it, I threaded a large needle with mint green thread and just did a simple stitch and pulled the sides together up its back. Then I tied a knot at the end to keep it in place. And then I was done. :]
Here are the after pictures.

As you can see the stains are gone, and he smells really good. Chipper really appreciates it. All in all this only took about and hour and it was really easy. Its much better than taking a risk in the washer. Now he is good as new. :]
(sorry if this is in the wrong section I didn't know where to put it)

Last edited by Stefaniehearts15; 07-06-2011 at 06:25 PM..
Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Christinacrystal119
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ℘.s. i ℓ٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥υ

Christinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond reputeChristinacrystal119 has a reputation beyond repute
 Christinacrystal119 is offline Status: Offline

thanks for posting. (:
Old 07-06-2011, 04:38 PM
2hip58
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Harry Styles♥

2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of2hip58 has much to be proud of
 2hip58 is offline Status: Offline

that's awesome
xD
Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM
BriannaHoneyDay
Polar Bear

BriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to beholdBriannaHoneyDay is a splendid one to behold
 BriannaHoneyDay is offline Status: Offline

Woahh, it's so clean now.
BTW, thanks for posting! ( :
Old 07-06-2011, 04:41 PM
allstarweekendfan07
Polar Bear

allstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant futureallstarweekendfan07 has a brilliant future
 allstarweekendfan07 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 PM
emmamay
Polar Bear
BABV Name: emmamay1165

emmamay will become famous soon enoughemmamay will become famous soon enough
 emmamay is offline Status: Offline

wow cool! ! ! !
Old 07-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alli!

Stefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud of
 Stefaniehearts15 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks everyone. ;]
Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Crystalhearts132
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Dave

Crystalhearts132 is a name known to allCrystalhearts132 is a name known to allCrystalhearts132 is a name known to allCrystalhearts132 is a name known to allCrystalhearts132 is a name known to allCrystalhearts132 is a name known to all
 Crystalhearts132 is offline Status: Offline

Wow it looks VERY clean now .. (;
But i have a question why is it lying in a puddle of dirty water ? xD
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
tigerhappy26
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Tigerhappy26

tigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to behold
 tigerhappy26 is offline Status: Offline

Wow he is very clean yeah once id did surgery on my brother's Jonas bear to get the dog tag off.and you can't even tell where i cut it off.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
SkylarFootball11
Trading Teddy

SkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond reputeSkylarFootball11 has a reputation beyond repute
 SkylarFootball11 is offline Status: Offline

I love this story.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
awesomness!, cleaning, hearts, surgery