BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > BI-related Issues

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
MistyBear61
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Mist (Jez)

MistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant future
 MistyBear61 is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: Signature issue... picture coming out too small?

Hey guys,

So I tried to upload a picture for my signature earlier. The picture was this;

Click the image to open in full size.

So I saved it originally as a PSD, then as a PNG. I tried uploading the PNG and it came out reaaalllly small so I tried uploading a JPEG version. That still came out reaaaallly small.

Can any of you guys help? Thanks
Old 10-18-2011, 12:58 PM
anitacocoa
Polar Bear
BABV Name: anitacocoa

anitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really nice
 anitacocoa is offline Status: Offline

try saving it as a .gif or .bmp.
what size do you want it? I can resize it for you if you want?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:00 PM
TheDinoGirl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: IsabelMusicMaker8

TheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 TheDinoGirl is offline Status: Offline

The limit for a signature picture is 150 tall by 450 pixels wide. If it is above that, it automatically shrinks it to match the size requirements. Same thing with avatars. Which in the case for avatars you have a pic you wanna use but it's too big and you can't resize it it shrinks the image automatically but it still looks clear. It's doesn't effect the quality in any way.

So you may want to maybe cut out some of the picture to make it 150x450 pixels or smaller if you want people to still be able to read the text on it which I'd imagine you do. xD

Hope I helped! =)
Old 10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
MistyBear61
Polar Bear

MistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant futureMistyBear61 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by anitacocoa
try saving it as a .gif or .bmp.
what size do you want it? I can resize it for you if you want?
The size is the right size I tried saving it as a bmp and it's still coming out small and it won't let me save it as a gif.

View Post Originally Posted by TheDinoGirl
The limit for a signature picture is 150 tall by 450 pixels wide. If it is above that, it automatically shrinks it to match the size requirements. Same thing with avatars. Which in the case for avatars you have a pic you wanna use but it's too big and you can't resize it it shrinks the image automatically but it still looks clear. It's doesn't effect the quality in any way.

So you may want to maybe cut out some of the picture to make it 150x450 pixels or smaller if you want people to still be able to read the text on it which I'd imagine you do. xD

Hope I helped! =)
It's not bigger then that though, which is the problem.

Thank you two for your help though!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
TheDinoGirl
Polar Bear

TheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by MistyBear61
It's not bigger then that though, which is the problem.

Thank you two for your help though!
I just copied and pasted the image to MS Paint and checked the size, and it said it was 626 pixels wide and 352 pixels tall.
*Shrugs*

And you're welcome! =)
Old 10-18-2011, 01:09 PM
MistyBear61
Polar Bear

I just copied and pasted the image to MS Paint and checked the size, and it said it was 626 pixels wide and 352 pixels tall.
*Shrugs*

And you're welcome! =)
That one is that big xD I just saved a copy which is under the requirements (so it wouldn't automatically resize it), put it in my signature, and it is still coming out weird...
Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
TheDinoGirl
Polar Bear

That one is that big xD I just saved a copy which is under the requirements (so it wouldn't automatically resize it), put it in my signature, and it is still coming out weird...
Ohhhhhh. xD
I dunno what the problem is in that case, sorry. x[
Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
anitacocoa
Polar Bear

anitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really nice

i resized it for you

Old 10-18-2011, 01:13 PM
MistyBear61
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by anitacocoa
i resized it for you

Thank you, but it's still coming out smaller then that.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
anitacocoa
Polar Bear

Ohhhhhh. xD
I dunno what the problem is in that case, sorry. x[
the problem can be that you are resizing it 150 by 450 right? well the picture has more width than length...so when you resize it to that, the face kind of sterches and looks weird hehe...I just resized it to you, a little smaller that 150 by 450...but not so small and not bigger, just the right size so it wont affect the banner

Thank you, but it's still coming out smaller then that.
try copying the url from the image I gave you, dont save it, and reupload it
hope that helps girlie
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT