BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Choco Devil
Polar Bear
BABV Name: яìℓìαиє.♥

Choco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to beholdChoco Devil is a splendid one to behold
 Choco Devil is offline Status: Offline
Default Guide on how to get rare stuff on BV

Okay as the title suggests, I'm going to show you how to get rare stuff on BV.
If you sometimes ever wonder why some people have so much rare items, and where they got it from, you've come to the right place!

Now now, how do people get rare? Easy.

For me, I first just got a couple of POPULAR credit items in POPULAR color and got some bb. So, now that I have these items, I've got a good start. I scout around and find people with some PSIs that are about 4-5/10 rare and trade about 2 credit items and bb for it. I continue doing that, carefully. I go slow with no haste. After collecting a few pages of these items and clothes, start aiming for rares.

^^^ That should have taken you about 1-3 months already. ^^^
Feel the labour? It's not much, you know. You still have more.

I suggest you now aim for rarer PSIs, around 6-8/10 rare kinds, and maybe/hopefully retired BVOs. DO NOT be disappointed if you cannot succeed at first. Failure is a path to success.
Start by offering 2 or 3 of your PSIs for rarer PSIs. If you want those old BVOs, you gotta be patient. Now that you've gotten your rarer PSIs, offer them for old BVOs. Start by getting some medium rare old BVOs and work your way up to the rarer ones.

Try to get embroided flower tops(EFTs), they are quite hard to get but it's okay.
Get Nerdy glasses or Sweepstakes.

Now, for Bunny Glasses/Furry Feet. Both are of the same rareness yes? If you already have Bunny Glasses and want Furry Feet, just trade your Bunny Glasses for Furry Feet and vice versa.
But if you don't have neither of them, offer EFTs and Nerdy Glasses/Sweepstakes for them. You can also offer the cake outfits.
Sometimes, you may get lucky and that person you're trading with agrees. If not, just try again. Most people spend about 2-3 years trying to get Bunny Glasses/Furry Feet before they succeed.

Easy way? Get a furry friend with Open Certificate and choose the Spring time fun bunny. You'll get bunny and voila!!!
(Due to fact that Open Certificate no longer let you choose any furry friend, this method might not work)

You may ask, is Bunny Glasses rare? Most people will tell you, yes. But actually, they are not that rare. They are retired PSIs, so that makes them rather rare. But they are actually more popular than rare. (:

Okay, now for BBL.
BBLs are very rare. On a scale of 10, they are about 9/10. Some people offer Bunny Glasses and more for these. They are no longer available, except by trade. So try hard for them!!!

The scout sash came from a code that is no longer available. Thus, this makes it rare right after Bunny Glasses/Furry Feet. You might get Scout Sash by trading some rare stuff for it, or maybe you might be able to get a lucky trade.

Grand Tiara is very rare. To get it, you have to get and bring to live all 4 of the Jewel bears or something. Or else, you get it by trade. Both ways are hard so try your best!!!

{More Later}

Updates done but they might be added.

Last edited by Choco Devil; 10-22-2011 at 03:14 AM..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:22 AM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Choco, great guide! I'm up to the stage where I can trade for semi-rare items like EFTs. I'm sure many people will find this really useful, like me!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:28 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

Just to let you know, open certificates no longer let you choose any furry friend. They now come with a choice of just 4 classic furry friends.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
RoseLUVU
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gwyn

RoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond repute
 RoseLUVU is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by karenbearhug
Just to let you know, open certificates no longer let you choose any furry friend. They now come with a choice of just 4 classic furry friends.

A couple months ago I got an open certificate, it let me choose any of them. (;

Great guide Coco!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by RoseLUVU

A couple months ago I got an open certificate, it let me choose any of them. (;

Great guide Coco!
Check out this thread for more information.

http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...en+certificate
Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Teddybeargirl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahChocolate65

Teddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond reputeTeddybeargirl has a reputation beyond repute
 Teddybeargirl is offline Status: Offline

It doesn't matter if the stuff is rare, all that matters is if you actually like those things. I'd rather trade for things I like, rather than trade for what's "rare".
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 AM
RoseLUVU
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gwyn

RoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond repute
 RoseLUVU is offline Status: Offline

Check out this thread for more information.

http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...en+certificate
Ahh, I see. That's sad. :/
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Tayloradventurebear493
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Shealeigh Coleman. I wish.

Tayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to beholdTayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to beholdTayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to beholdTayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to beholdTayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to beholdTayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to beholdTayloradventurebear493 is a splendid one to behold
 Tayloradventurebear493 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks! This will totally help me

Not true. In Singapore they're still available, I went there.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 PM
awesomechic
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Z-Z-Za-Zoey

awesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond repute
 awesomechic is offline Status: Offline

great guide. its isnt easy trying to get nerdy. people set the standards high. it took me awhile to get it. im at the stage where i can start getting panther hats and stuff.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 PM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by Tayloradventurebear493
Thanks! This will totally help me

Not true. In Singapore they're still available, I went there.
Yes, the open certificates are still available. The difference is when you bring them to life online, you no longer get to pick from every animal available - you just get a choice of 4 classic furry friends.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT