BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM
AllyAdorable
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: hi :-)

AllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond repute
 AllyAdorable is offline Status: Offline
Default ..:Shop Guide;]:..

Guide: Owning your very own shop.
Your road to sucess . :3
--

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ever wanted to get loads of customers and such? Looking down at your stuff, you're sitting there while watching a huge line of orders in another shop.. This is the guide for you

--
Table of contents
My Story
Introduction
Your shop name
Posting
Your posting rules
Siggies section
Getting customers
Conclusion

My Story
When I was little, I used to love editing pictures. Before then, I just had a pencil and a paper. I wasn't old enough to have a computer. So I just drew a picture, and then I started to color in. This is like the same thing as editing. As I got older, I got my first computer. All it had was Paint and Microsoft word. I didn't know any photo editing websites. So I just took my pictures, uploaded them into my computer, and edited them on Paint. I couldn't even do much with it. And then when I grew more older, I had found my Mom had Photoshop! I expierenced all the wonderful editing things. Then she told me to look at www.Picnik.com. It was awesome! It was like a mini-photoshop to me! Finally, I joined a different forum (NOT BI) and started to make my very own shop, my first one. I made little things from generators and picnik. No one ever ordered. I saw all the other shops flooding with orders. Finally, when I saw BI, it was just the site I was looking for. The wonderful edits. I made my very own, but no one still ordered. I kept making shops, but only 2 people ordered. Around October 2011, I decided I HAD to learn. I viewed others' shops. I saw rows of 3 in 100x100 images. Now, I have my own shop, and that is just what I do.
--
See? You can learn from looking at other people's shops!

Introduction
Okay, you may have heard of me. I was the one who posted all those guides for people who didn't have Photoshop or GIMP. If you saw those, great. Now this will be my BIGGEST, LONGEST, and BEST guide I will have(hopefully lol)and I will post more. Now, though I have GIMP, That doesn't mean you stop using sites. I still use Picnik for my bordering and resizing! but GIMP can do alot. Animations and stuff. So, yeah. End of introduction. xD

Your shop Name.
Before doing ANY of this, give your shop a name. Look around you. Look at your setting. Look at books. Whatever it takes you! Just DON'T name it 'my shop' because it's a boring name. Name it something like "Cloudless Sky Graphics" or something.
Posting.
Now, when you're posting your shop, don't rush through your shop. Write your very own story about you and graphics, what you use, your stuff, etc. But, for the people who rush through and do this:

Rainbow-ify
Click the image to open in full size.
Form:
bi name
picture
text
anything else
animation

--
You can REALLY see the messed up things. Yeah, cool graphic, but not a good form and the way you displayed it. FIRST OF ALL, you need a big label like this:
and THREE examples in one row, and the size has to be 100x100. And then the form. It's all boring! It can't hurt to put a little : after it. So, you need a form like this (this isn't an example to match the label or the bad example.)
BI Name:
Coloring:
Pixel lines:
Text?:
Any doodles?:
Any animation?:
Yes! that's an example of a GREAT form. you're using the :, capitalizing. Take your time writing the form. (:

Your posting rules.
EVERY shop need rules, or people will go crazy when they order. First of all, credit is a BIG FAT rule that is needed in most shops. Why? when they post around, people will see where they got their graphic from, and boom, more customers. THIS IS WHY CREDIT IS IMPORTANT. But even if you put credit in your rules, and your graphic is really blurry, fuzzy, etc., do you think people would give credit for those? You need good graphics. Practice. Your graphics must be worth giving credit.

Sections.
All shops need at least TWO posts: Avvies and siggies. A third post may be for any merging and affilates. Now, if you're posting avatars and signatures in ONE BIG post, you're doing it wrong. ONE POST EACH. This is why you need labels for the sections to fill up 2 different posts. Remember, BI lets you fill up 20 pictures before posting a new post.

Your avatar section, ONE POST. No siggies in it. To fill up your '20 pictures' you better have a Label and a row of 3 icon size (100x100) displays for each;; this is what you need to do (this is MY SHOP):

Get it? :3 Either 3 pictures and a label on a background or just a label with 3 pics. Now, I did it on a background, because it's like 1 big picture instead of wasting up 3 spaces, if I ever need more space! :3 So thats what you do for avvies. Also, you need a HUGE selection. Not 2 avatars. >:l

Siggies Section.
Unless you're doing an avatar shop, You have your siggy section too, no? Okay. Siggies are much easier than your avvie post. All you need is a label and ONE display. Then your form, of course. So easy! You also need a huge selection.

Getting Customers.
Okay. Now your things to get customers! Of course, you need the things above. Don't read this until you've done the things above. c:
If you did, great job! Now, your sucess to customers, is they have to HEAR about your shop. Hyperlink it in your siggy. Get some friends. Whatever it takes. Also, getting customers, you need QUALITY and BIG SELECTION. Not 1 selection. With your quality, save them as a .png. Here's another thing. Customers KNOW if you're using generators. It's okay to use it on things that can't be created on Programs or such. But NOT on all your stuff. Customers like hand-made stuff from real Programs, such as GIMP or Photoshop! I recommend downloading GIMP because it's free .

Conclusion.
Now you're done!
You know all the things to have a sucessful shop! Don't know them?

Other stuff related to : ..:Shop Guide;]:..
How to hyperlink

Last edited by AllyAdorable; 11-16-2011 at 12:40 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
MistyBubbles52
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: (◠‿◠)

MistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant futureMistyBubbles52 has a brilliant future
 MistyBubbles52 is offline Status: Offline

Fantastic guide! Will keep your tips in mind as I work on my shop.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
ciara1616
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Cιαяα <3

ciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of light
 ciara1616 is offline Status: Offline
Default THANKS!

This Guide is a work of art. Thanks for the great tips.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:26 PM
AllyAdorable
Trading Teddy

AllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome guys. (:
Old 11-23-2011, 03:35 PM
ciara1616
Polar Bear

ciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of lightciara1616 is a glorious beacon of light

Is the rainbow a gradient or texture?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

Good guide (:
Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 PM
AllyAdorable
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by ciara1616
Is the rainbow a gradient or texture?
It's a gradient. Just lower the opacity. (;
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Alma sunshine 2
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alma ♡

Alma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant future
 Alma sunshine 2 is offline Status: Offline

Great Guide Ally (:
Old 11-25-2011, 03:32 PM
ciara1616
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by AllyAdorable
It's a gradient. Just lower the opacity. (;
Cool thx
Old 11-25-2011, 03:44 PM
RachelBallerina353
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Call me Rachel or Rach.

RachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond reputeRachelBallerina353 has a reputation beyond repute
 RachelBallerina353 is offline Status: Offline

Nice guide!
Thanks for posting!
c;
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT